Going on a trip

Old September 2nd 05, 11:55 PM
Karen

Default Going on a trip

Wish me luck. Going home to visit mom. First time I've left the girls since
Grant died. Soooo, is this good luck or bad? I was driving to get my oil
changed today and my muffler fell off on the busiest street in town. I had
no idea there was anything wrong until suddenly I kept hearing a noise. Then
BANG! Totally dropped out and cars behind me had to avoid it. I guess better
today than tomorrow, right? Now I am poorer but have a new muffler. I'm
hoping that there is enough gas between here and there and back again. Whew.
Hey, can you clean up the troll situation before I get back on Wednesday

Old September 3rd 05, 01:19 AM
PatM

DEFINATELY better than having your muffler drop off in the middle of
your trip!! Do you have far to go? Hope all goes well and you have a
good visit. We just had my mom up for a week-long stay...drove her
home yestarday...boy, filling up that gas tank HURTS!

Cheers,
Pat

Old September 3rd 05, 02:25 AM
Nan

Karen wrote:

Wish me luck. Going home to visit mom.

Have a nice LONG trip. Really long. Try to stay away as
long as you can. In fact, when you get back, try to stay
away from your computer for as long as you can.

Old September 3rd 05, 02:30 AM
Cheryl

On Fri 02 Sep 2005 06:55:22p, Karen wrote in
rec.pets.cats.anecdotes ):

Wish me luck. Going home to visit mom. First time I've left the
girls since Grant died. Soooo, is this good luck or bad? I was
driving to get my oil changed today and my muffler fell off on
the busiest street in town. I had no idea there was anything
wrong until suddenly I kept hearing a noise. Then BANG! Totally
dropped out and cars behind me had to avoid it. I guess better
today than tomorrow, right? Now I am poorer but have a new
muffler. I'm hoping that there is enough gas between here and
there and back again. Whew. Hey, can you clean up the troll
situation before I get back on Wednesday

Have a safe trip Karen. Bummer about your car. I think that it
happening before you left is GOOD luck.

--
Cheryl

"The clever cat eats cheese and breathes down rat holes with baited
breath."
- W.C. Fields
Old September 3rd 05, 03:28 AM
Christine Burel

I think you're lucky it happened before you left! Hope you have a good
visit with your mom!
Christine

Old September 3rd 05, 06:43 AM
badwilson

Karen wrote:
Wish me luck. Going home to visit mom. First time I've left the

girls
since Grant died. Soooo, is this good luck or bad? I was driving to
get my oil changed today and my muffler fell off on the busiest
street in town. I had no idea there was anything wrong until

suddenly
I kept hearing a noise. Then BANG! Totally dropped out and cars
behind me had to avoid it. I guess better today than tomorrow,

right?
Now I am poorer but have a new muffler. I'm hoping that there is
enough gas between here and there and back again. Whew. Hey, can you
clean up the troll situation before I get back on Wednesday

Aaargh, that happened to me recently. Driving down the road and all
of a sudden there's a clunk and then scraping and sparks flying behind
the car. The muffler had fallen off and was dragging behind the car
because it was still attatched by some sort of rubber bracket. All
these guys on motorbikes were pulling up alongside me and pointing to
the back of my car. Uh, yeah, thanks, I hadn't noticed that!
Have a good trip and a nice visit with your mom.
--
Britta
"There is no snooze button on a cat who wants breakfast." -- Unknown

Old September 3rd 05, 06:54 AM
Marina

Karen wrote:
Wish me luck. Going home to visit mom. First time I've left the girls since
Grant died. Soooo, is this good luck or bad? I was driving to get my oil
changed today and my muffler fell off on the busiest street in town. I had
no idea there was anything wrong until suddenly I kept hearing a noise. Then
BANG! Totally dropped out and cars behind me had to avoid it. I guess better
today than tomorrow, right? Now I am poorer but have a new muffler. I'm
hoping that there is enough gas between here and there and back again. Whew.
Hey, can you clean up the troll situation before I get back on Wednesday

Hope you have a nice trip, Karen. I suppose it was better that the
muffler fell out before you set off. Purrs for Sugar and Pearl to behave.

--
Marina, Frank, Miranda and Caliban. In loving memory of Nikki.
marina (dot) kurten (at) iki (dot) fi
Old September 3rd 05, 12:04 PM
Adrian

Karen wrote:
Wish me luck. Going home to visit mom. First time I've left the girls
since Grant died. Soooo, is this good luck or bad? I was driving to
get my oil changed today and my muffler fell off on the busiest
street in town. I had no idea there was anything wrong until suddenly
I kept hearing a noise. Then BANG! Totally dropped out and cars
behind me had to avoid it. I guess better today than tomorrow, right?
Now I am poorer but have a new muffler. I'm hoping that there is
enough gas between here and there and back again. Whew. Hey, can you
clean up the troll situation before I get back on Wednesday

Purrs for a trouble free trip.
--
Adrian (Owned by Snoopy & Bagheera)
A house is not a home, without a cat.

Preparing for the trip.... Mischief Cat anecdotes 5 July 26th 05 04:50 AM
OT My Trip to Texas - long Bridget Cat anecdotes 10 December 8th 04 03:44 PM
Transporting a cat on a long trip Mark Werner Cats - misc 2 August 9th 04 02:06 PM
Kitty Road Trip OU812? Cat anecdotes 4 July 12th 04 12:05 AM
The Trip Marina Cat anecdotes 10 July 1st 04 12:34 AM