I hope the TP is safe from Mere

Old May 27th 05, 11:38 AM
Adrian

Default I hope the TP is safe from Mere

Finnish loo roll crisis

A strike in the paper industry in Finland has left the country
desperately short of toilet paper.

Shops have been selling out of loo roll up and down the country and
people stock up.

One store manager in Helsinki said: "We have been sold out for days, and
on the rare occasions when stores get a fresh delivery it is sold as
fast as it can be put on the shelves."

The four week strike has meant that holidaymaking Finns have been
returning home with suitcases full of toilet paper rather than
souvenirs.

http://www.ananova.com/news/story/sm_1410062.html
--
Adrian (Owned by Snoopy & Bagheera)
A house is not a home, without a cat.

Old May 27th 05, 02:28 PM
Marina

Adrian wrote:
Finnish loo roll crisis

A strike in the paper industry in Finland has left the country
desperately short of toilet paper.

Shops have been selling out of loo roll up and down the country and
people stock up.

One store manager in Helsinki said: "We have been sold out for days, and
on the rare occasions when stores get a fresh delivery it is sold as
fast as it can be put on the shelves."

The four week strike has meant that holidaymaking Finns have been
returning home with suitcases full of toilet paper rather than
souvenirs.

LOL! That's the official story. The truth is, Mere has been busy. Very
busy. She's saved the people of Finland from the white snakes. ;o)

Nobbut, seriously, I couldn't believe my eyes the other day when I went
past the TP shelves in the makret, and they were all empty. People are
so silly. There's no real shortage of paper, people just think there
will be, so they create a shortage by hoarding. OK, so when I saw a
packet of TP, I had to buy it. Just in case. P

--
Marina, Frank and Mere. In loving memory of Nikki.
Old May 27th 05, 03:25 PM
Adrian

"Marina" wrote in message
Adrian wrote:
[...]

I remember a story from about 20 years ago, a supermarket had mistakenly
ordered 100 times the amount of nutmeg tha they intended. Someone from
the shop started a rumour that ther was a shortage. They sold all their
stock in 2 days.

Old May 27th 05, 03:39 PM
Katz

Adrian wrote:
Finnish loo roll crisis

Oh my. Should we put together Care packages to send to you guys? ;o)

Katz

Old May 27th 05, 05:10 PM
Shirley B.

Years ago, I'm thinking mid-late 70's, Johnny Carson made a joke on his show
one night about a TP shortage. I don't remember what he said the reason was.
But it started a run on TP in the stores for a coupple weeks. He had to
explain several nights in a row and begged people to stop hoarding!
--
Shirley B.

To reply by email, remove 'nick'

Pictures of His Majesty, Rex are at:
http://community.webshots.com/album/255873683SwWQZJ
AND OUR HOMEPAGE: http://jumi-shirley-butler.com

Old May 27th 05, 06:33 PM
jmcquown

Shirley B. wrote:
Years ago, I'm thinking mid-late 70's, Johnny Carson made a joke on
his show one night about a TP shortage. I don't remember what he said
the reason was. But it started a run on TP in the stores for a
coupple weeks. He had to explain several nights in a row and begged
people to stop hoarding!

I remember that! It was pretty funny. Of course that was during the "gas
shortage" and it turned out there was no such thing.

Jill

Old May 27th 05, 07:36 PM
Irulan

LOL, Marina. This happened in New York City once years ago when I was living
there. I remember my neighbor soliciting people to go into buying a crateful
of TP with her.
Jazz & his mama

--

Irulan
from the stars we come

Old May 28th 05, 04:53 PM
Christine Burel

Too funny; however, I have to confess that one of my biggest "fears" is to
run out of TP!
Christine (who has been known to make runs to the store when down to 2
rolls)

Old May 28th 05, 07:56 PM
Kreisleriana

On Sat, 28 May 2005 09:53:16 -0600, "Christine Burel"
yodeled:

Too funny; however, I have to confess that one of my biggest "fears" is to
run out of TP!
Christine (who has been known to make runs to the store when down to 2

Hee hee! My good friend James called me after one weekend when he had
a female cousin staying with him, and asked me "WHAT is it that you
women do with ALL THAT toilet paper???!!"

Theresa
Old May 28th 05, 10:09 PM
Seanette Blaylock

Kreisleriana had some very interesting
things to say about I hope the TP is safe from Me

Hee hee! My good friend James called me after one weekend when he had
a female cousin staying with him, and asked me "WHAT is it that you
women do with ALL THAT toilet paper???!!"

Did you remind him about the anatomical distinctions as applied to
elimination? :-)

Mere is living dangerously these days Takayuki Cat anecdotes 2 May 18th 05 05:30 PM
More of Mere Marina Cat anecdotes 14 April 3rd 05 06:13 PM
Mere has more... Marina Cat anecdotes 2 March 26th 05 01:03 AM
Mere is here! Susan M Cat anecdotes 58 March 25th 05 10:21 PM
Mere kitten Takayuki Cat anecdotes 6 March 25th 05 12:52 AM