OT - Away

Old December 13th 10, 05:20 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
CatNipped[_4_]

Default OT - Away

I won't go into details, but my doctor advised me to get to the ER ASAP.
I'll be away for a while and just wanted to let everyone know I'm not off in
a snit or anything.

--
Hugs,

CatNipped

See the RPCA FAQ site, by Mark Edwards, at:
http://www.professional-geek.com/rpcablog/

Old December 13th 10, 05:44 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Lesley Madigan

On Dec 13, 9:20*am, "CatNipped" wrote:
I won't go into details, but my doctor advised me to get to the ER ASAP.
I'll be away for a while and just wanted to let everyone know I'm not off in
a snit or anything.

Let us know when you have some news- purrs being sent- take care of
yourself

Lesley

Slave of the Fabulous Furballs
Old December 13th 10, 05:59 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Arthur Shapiro[_2_]

In article , "CatNipped" wrote:
I won't go into details, but my doctor advised me to get to the ER ASAP.

We all hope they get you back together without incident and in a timely
manner.

Best of luck; that has to be a wretched situation.

Art
Old December 13th 10, 06:13 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
~*LiveLoveLaugh*~[_2_]

"CatNipped" wrote in message ...

I won't go into details, but my doctor advised me to get to the ER ASAP.
I'll be away for a while and just wanted to let everyone know I'm not off in
a snit or anything.

-----

Oh gosh, Lor!! What now?? How much can you take?? HUGE prayers and purrs
for ya!!

·.·´¨ ¨)) -:¦:-
¸.·´ .·´¨¨))
Laurie
((¸¸.·´ ..·´
-:¦:- ((¸¸ ·.·

*~*LiveLoveLaugh*~*

All that I am or hope to be, I owe to my angel mother.
~Abraham Lincoln

Old December 13th 10, 06:17 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
BfloPolska

On Dec 13, 12:20*pm, "CatNipped" wrote:
I won't go into details, but my doctor advised me to get to the ER ASAP.
I'll be away for a while and just wanted to let everyone know I'm not off in
a snit or anything.

Oh jeez. When it rains it pours. Please keep us posted, but before
then please just get well and soon!

Blessed be,
Baha
Old December 13th 10, 06:22 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Granby

Don't know if you will see this or not but.....purrs and prayers for all
things to end positively for you. Purrs for Ben too.

Old December 13th 10, 08:07 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
MatSav[_2_]

"CatNipped" wrote in message
I won't go into details, but my doctor advised me to get to the
ER ASAP. I'll be away for a while and just wanted to let
everyone know I'm not off in a snit or anything.

Well, here's hoping that whatever it is can be fixed.

It's probably no consolation to you, but I suspect it's a case of
you being able to say to all of those quacks who've been treating
your symptoms but not the cause:

"I told you so."

--
MatSav

Old December 13th 10, 10:14 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
CatNipped[_4_]

Default OT - Away - Update

First, I can't believe I'm back home already, I've never been to a hospital
ER so efficient (or maybe it was because of what was happening and my recent
history). I was having chest pain, dizziness and shortness of breath, so,
having congestive heart failure I thought I ought to get my butt in. They
saw me right away, did EKG, echo, etc. Gave me some IV and oral meds,
changed the dosage on my Warfarin, got me stabilized, and sent me home with
instructions to get my butt in again at the sign of any more symptoms.
Whatever was going on didn't not worsen my heart muscles, so I guess I'm
good to go.

Thank you all for your concern.

Old December 13th 10, 11:01 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Winnie

On Dec 13, 5:14*pm, "CatNipped" wrote:
First, I can't believe I'm back home already, I've never been to a hospital
ER so efficient (or maybe it was because of what was happening and my recent
history). *I was having chest pain, dizziness and shortness of breath, so,
having congestive heart failure I thought I ought to get my butt in. *They
saw me right away, did EKG, echo, etc. *Gave me some IV and oral meds,
changed the dosage on my Warfarin, got me stabilized, and sent me home with
instructions to get my butt in again at the sign of any more symptoms.
Whatever was going on didn't not worsen my heart muscles, so I guess I'm
good to go.

Thank you all for your concern.

So glad to hear this. I was worried about you.
By echo, do you mean echocardiogram?

Winnie
--
Hugs,

CatNipped
See all our masters at: *http://www.PossiblePlaces.com/CatNipped

Old December 13th 10, 11:22 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
CatNipped[_4_]

Yes, it was an echocardiogram (which, by my experience at least, differs
from a regular only in the length of time they take (I guess they have to
factor out the heartbeats so need to look at it for ten times as long).
Here is a good article on it if you're interested -
http://www.heartsite.com/html/echocardiogram.html. They also did the EKG
and a chest x-ray.

They were able to determine that the blood clot in my left ventricle has
gotten much smaller since my last cardiac MRI (which is a *lot* different
from a regular MRI and takes 10 times as long with a lot more breath
holding).

One thing that expedited my stay there is that the this hospital's chief of
cardiology is my cardiologist and my PCP has privileges there so they had
easy access to all my files, prior tests and history. Since I'd *LONG* ago
passed my out-of-pocket limit, it was relatively painless and gave me a good
update on where my heart/clot is now (it's been a month or more since my
last visit which helped them track the rate of healing and dissolution of
the clot), and I'm hoping to be able to quit taking the Warfarin fairly soon
(and won't have to push away kneading cats when I've fallen behind in claw
clipping).