Casey is home! :-D (long)

Old February 9th 05, 02:38 AM
Carrie-Lou Salter

Default Casey is home! :-D (long)

Hi all,

Thanks so much for all the purrs and support that everyone has given me. I
would have been a lot more stressed if it weren't for you guys. And thanks
to you guys I picked up the signs soon enough, since there's occasionally
talk about blockages here, and helped me realize what was going on.

Casey is very very happy to be home. Randa (the 4 yr old tortie calico) has
been growling at him a bit, even tho I tried the towel thing...but only
hissed once, so hopefully she's not wary for too long. Molly (5 mos. old
kitten) is just happy to see him. She was such a cry baby while he was gone,
walking around constantly just squeaking....poor baby girl, she's such a
sook. ;-)

So, the vet has put Casey on MediCal Dissolution Formula, canned with dry to
nibble on while I'm at work during the day (both are the aforementioned
formula). The vet said that the girls shouldn't really be eating this stuff,
(they'll be able to all eat the same once we have the month checkup, and
we'll go to a different prescription food that is called Medical Preventitve
Formula for all. So...any suggestions on how to feed Casey separate from the
girls???

I think the only way to do it is to separate Casey from the girls during the
day while we're at work, but I feel that's kind of mean, as he's quite a
social kitty, and would miss the interactions, especially since him and the
kitten are such good friends. And the kitten would miss him too, she's not
near as attached to Randa as she is to Casey.

Anyway, all is looking ok on the homefront now, the remainder of the bill
isn't so horrible, (around $500 CDN), and is less because of the help of the
people that were so sweet to contribute.

Casey has been purring tonnes to thank all of you.

Oh yeah, all the girls at the vet clinic fell in love with him today (altho
they liked him alot before, they just thought he was a grumpy type), cause
they saw the real Casey once he wasn't in pain anymore and all of the gear
had been removed from him so he was rolling around for them, showing his
tummy, giving headbutts and tonnes of purrs. hehehehe That's totally my boy.
Mr. Social Butterfly.

So....to wrap up, any suggestions or advice is welcome and encouraged. :-)

Cheers,
Carrie (and Casey)

sideways, chocolate in one hand, martini in the other, body thoroughly used
up, totally worn out and screaming "WOO HOO what a ride!"

Old February 9th 05, 02:56 AM
Karen Chuplis

in article , Carrie-Lou Salter at
wrote on 2/8/05 8:38 PM:

Hi all,

Thanks so much for all the purrs and support that everyone has given me. I
would have been a lot more stressed if it weren't for you guys. And thanks
to you guys I picked up the signs soon enough, since there's occasionally
talk about blockages here, and helped me realize what was going on.

Casey is very very happy to be home. Randa (the 4 yr old tortie calico) has
been growling at him a bit, even tho I tried the towel thing...but only
hissed once, so hopefully she's not wary for too long. Molly (5 mos. old
kitten) is just happy to see him. She was such a cry baby while he was gone,
walking around constantly just squeaking....poor baby girl, she's such a
sook. ;-)

YEah!!!!! Glad he is home.

So, the vet has put Casey on MediCal Dissolution Formula, canned with dry to
nibble on while I'm at work during the day (both are the aforementioned
formula). The vet said that the girls shouldn't really be eating this stuff,
(they'll be able to all eat the same once we have the month checkup, and
we'll go to a different prescription food that is called Medical Preventitve
Formula for all. So...any suggestions on how to feed Casey separate from the
girls???

I think the only way to do it is to separate Casey from the girls during the
day while we're at work, but I feel that's kind of mean, as he's quite a
social kitty, and would miss the interactions, especially since him and the
kitten are such good friends. And the kitten would miss him too, she's not
near as attached to Randa as she is to Casey.

Well, it is MUCH more comfortable than at the vets, right? So he will
probably be happy. I don't know about your cats, but when I am not home work
hours, they mostly sleep. He will still be recovering so I don't think it's
a real bad idea, and not too hard on him actually.

Anyway, all is looking ok on the homefront now, the remainder of the bill
isn't so horrible, (around $500 CDN), and is less because of the help of the
people that were so sweet to contribute.

Casey has been purring tonnes to thank all of you.

Oh yeah, all the girls at the vet clinic fell in love with him today (altho
they liked him alot before, they just thought he was a grumpy type), cause
they saw the real Casey once he wasn't in pain anymore and all of the gear
had been removed from him so he was rolling around for them, showing his
tummy, giving headbutts and tonnes of purrs. hehehehe That's totally my boy.
Mr. Social Butterfly.

Wow if he was rolling and showing his belly he is recovering well. Very nice
to hear. How long does he have to be on that food?

Old February 9th 05, 03:18 AM
Gabey8

That's wonderful news! Kitty Dance of Joy, Human Dance of Joy! )

As far as feeding Casey special food that the other kitties can't have, I
fear that the only way to accomplish that is to segregate him from the
other two at mealtimes. The good news is that at least it's only for a few
weeks. They'll forget all about it as soon as they can eat the same food
again and are back together during mealtimes.

I'm glad Casey is at home and is doing so much better.

Donna, Captain, and Stanley

Old February 9th 05, 03:56 AM
Sam Nash

"Carrie-Lou Salter" wrote in message
Hi all,

Thanks so much for all the purrs and support that everyone has given me. I
would have been a lot more stressed if it weren't for you guys. And thanks
to you guys I picked up the signs soon enough, since there's occasionally
talk about blockages here, and helped me realize what was going on.

snipped
Anyway, all is looking ok on the homefront now, the remainder of the bill
isn't so horrible, (around $500 CDN), and is less because of the help of
the people that were so sweet to contribute.

How about the info for the clinic. Some of us would still like to help.
Sam, closely supervised by Mistletoe

Old February 9th 05, 04:07 AM
Kreisleriana

On Tue, 8 Feb 2005 21:38:16 -0500, "Carrie-Lou Salter"
yodeled:

Hi all,

Thanks so much for all the purrs and support that everyone has given me. I
would have been a lot more stressed if it weren't for you guys. And thanks
to you guys I picked up the signs soon enough, since there's occasionally
talk about blockages here, and helped me realize what was going on.

Casey is very very happy to be home.

(snip)

Oh that's wonderful1

Theresa
Old February 9th 05, 09:23 AM
Sandra

Great news! Glad for Casey and family.

--
Sandra

Old February 9th 05, 09:38 AM
Lesley Madigan

So glad to hear Casey is home!

Lesley

Slave to the Fabulous Furballs
Old February 9th 05, 11:10 AM
kilikini

Carrie-Lou Salter wrote:
Hi all,

Thanks so much for all the purrs and support that everyone has given
me. I would have been a lot more stressed if it weren't for you guys.
And thanks to you guys I picked up the signs soon enough, since
there's occasionally talk about blockages here, and helped me realize
what was going on.

Casey is very very happy to be home. Randa (the 4 yr old tortie
calico) has been growling at him a bit, even tho I tried the towel
thing...but only hissed once, so hopefully she's not wary for too
long. Molly (5 mos. old kitten) is just happy to see him. She was
such a cry baby while he was gone, walking around constantly just
squeaking....poor baby girl, she's such a sook. ;-)

I'm so glad Casey is doing much better. Congratulations to your family and
please give him a hug and a kiss for me from me and Chloe & Tyrone.

kili

Old February 9th 05, 02:38 PM
Holly

Yea so glad that he is home with his Meowmie.
Purrs that everything is going well.

Old February 9th 05, 02:45 PM
CatNipped

[...]

I'm *SO* glad Casey is home and feeling better - man did we need some good
news on this group, it's been kind of grim lately.

I don't think separation during the day will be too hard for them, my cats
mostly sleep all day anyway. As long as they have their social time at
night they should be fine.

Hugs,

CatNipped