Purrs for our furry girls please! (middle-of-the-night barffest)

Old May 2nd 05, 02:05 PM
Karen AKA Kajikit

Default Purrs for our furry girls please! (middle-of-the-night barffest)

The cats were fine when we went to bed last night... but I woke up at
1am and felt something damp under my leg. In puzzlement I pulled back
the covers and found that one of the cats had been majorly sick right
next to me. Ugh! From the position I'd guess it was Silver - it was
right where she likes to lie... she was on the floor looking at me
apologetically as I cleaned it up, and we changed the sheets and went
back to bed. This morning I found that that wasn't the only spot - she
was sick on the floor, in the hall AND in the bathroom where they eat!
Poor baby...

Can we have some purrs for whoever it was to feel better? Scout's here
on the desk with me and she looks fine. Silver's on the back of the
couch looking out the window and I thinks she's okay, but I don't
really know enough about cats to tell! How do you know if they need to
go to a vet? We didn't give them anything unusual to eat last night
but they got into the bathroom cupboard where we store their food, and
I think Silly chewed on the newspaper that was in there in case we ran
out of cat litter.

~Karen aka Kajikit
Crafts, cats, and chocolate - the three essentials of life
http://www.kajikitscorner.com
*remove 'nospam' to reply
Old May 2nd 05, 02:36 PM
Victor Martinez

Karen AKA Kajikit wrote:
really know enough about cats to tell! How do you know if they need to
go to a vet? We didn't give them anything unusual to eat last night

If they are eating and acting normally, I wouldn't worry about it. But
keep an eye on them, just in case.
Purrs for the barfy ones.

--
Victor M. Martinez
Send your spam he

Old May 2nd 05, 03:29 PM
mlbriggs

On Mon, 02 May 2005 09:05:52 -0400, Karen AKA Kajikit wrote:

[...]

She was probably trying to get rid of a hairball. My cat will walk
through the house doing this. Some Petromalt or some other hairball
treatment might be needed.

Old May 2nd 05, 04:31 PM
Charleen Welton

On Mon, 02 May 2005 09:05:52 -0400, Karen AKA Kajikit wrote:

The cats were fine when we went to bed last night...

Purrs for the furry one who didn't feel well and purrs that she is well
soon. I have one who does this quite regulary, her vet exams are fine.
Charleen
Mr. Pumpkin,
Aggie Marble,
Victor Velcro

Old May 2nd 05, 05:47 PM
Irulan

aw, poor Silver. We are purring and praying that she is ok and it was just
an upset tummy.
Jazz & his mama

--

Irulan
from the stars we come

Old May 2nd 05, 06:12 PM
Karen AKA Kajikit

On Mon, 2 May 2005 12:47:01 -0400, "Irulan"
wrote:

aw, poor Silver. We are purring and praying that she is ok and it was just
an upset tummy.
Jazz & his mama

Unfortunatley she's still barfing. I gave the cats some chicken this
morning and she gobbled up both shares (they were only tiny helpings
because I wanted to make sure they were eating)... and up it came
again a few hours later I guess this means a vet visit, which means
John will have to take some time off work!

Given Silver's tendency to chew on everything in sight, I'm afraid
she's eaten a twist-tie or a piece of plastic or something She
steals things and chews on them...
Old May 2nd 05, 07:02 PM

wrote:

[...]

You got it. Purrs on the way.

Ginger-lyn

Home Pages:
http://www.spiritrealm.com/summer/
http://www.i-love-cats.com/meow/glsummer/ (The Violence Against
Animals in Movies Website)
Old May 2nd 05, 08:12 PM
Yoj

Purrs are on their way.

Joy

[...]

Purrs for Rosie Jo Firey Cat anecdotes 137 October 15th 04 11:36 AM
Truck Purrs jmcquown Cat anecdotes 18 October 5th 04 02:40 PM
Travel purrs Karen Chuplis Cat anecdotes 33 August 13th 04 06:00 PM
Purrs for Bootygirl Karen Chuplis Cat anecdotes 21 September 7th 03 08:51 AM
Uninterrupted purrs Julie Cook Cat anecdotes 2 August 24th 03 06:57 AM