Cyd Charisse- RIP

Old June 18th 08, 02:15 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Kreisleriana[_3_]

Default Cyd Charisse- RIP

Remember this unearthly, green-clad goddess?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7YWBOfsXsDA

The Texas-born beauty has died, aged 86. She was phenomenal. Rest in
peace.

--
Theresa, Stinky and Dante
drtmuirATearthlink.net

Old June 18th 08, 03:33 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Baha via CatKB.com

Kreisleriana wrote:
Remember this unearthly, green-clad goddess?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7YWBOfsXsDA

The Texas-born beauty has died, aged 86. She was phenomenal. Rest in
peace.

Oh, amen. She was a great lady from a day when an entetainer had to have
actual, real talent, and not just be an over-produced pretty face to stick on
a magazine cover and market all over kingdom come. i loved her in Brigadoon
and will make time to watch it whenever it's on.

Dance in heaven, pretty lady.

Blessed be,
Baha

Old June 18th 08, 04:09 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
jmcquown[_2_]

Kreisleriana wrote:
Remember this unearthly, green-clad goddess?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7YWBOfsXsDA

The Texas-born beauty has died, aged 86. She was phenomenal. Rest in
peace.

She was an incredible dancer! And my god, her husband Tony Martin (96) is
still alive. They were married in 1948. Quite a record.

Jill

Old June 18th 08, 06:08 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
CatNipped[_2_]

"Kreisleriana" wrote in message
m...

Remember this unearthly, green-clad goddess?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7YWBOfsXsDA

The Texas-born beauty has died, aged 86. She was phenomenal. Rest in
peace.

May she rest in peace! I really loved watching her dance, so I'll picture
her young and healthy again dancing with all the animals at the Rainbow
Bridge.

Hugs,

CatNipped

--
Theresa, Stinky and Dante
drtmuirATearthlink.net

Old June 18th 08, 06:20 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
MaryL

"Kreisleriana" wrote in message
m...

Remember this unearthly, green-clad goddess?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7YWBOfsXsDA

The Texas-born beauty has died, aged 86. She was phenomenal. Rest in
peace.

--
Theresa, Stinky and Dante
drtmuirATearthlink.net

She was a fantastic dancer. She was a trained ballerina but could do
*anything* -- elegant, beautiful, and look at the height of those heels she
was dancing in (brings to mind the old saying about Ginger Rogers doing
everything that Fred Astaire did and did it backwards and in high heels).

MaryL

Old June 18th 08, 06:31 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
wafflycat

"Kreisleriana" wrote in message
m...

Remember this unearthly, green-clad goddess?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7YWBOfsXsDA

The Texas-born beauty has died, aged 86. She was phenomenal. Rest in
peace.

My all time favourite film, "Singin' In The Rain" has the classic scene
where she is wearing that green number, that showed off those long, long
legs to perfection, as she danced with Gene Kelly. Said dance scene was one
of my Dad's favourite screen items and he would remark just how lovely her
legs were, with an "Aye, aye, aye, AYE!" :-)

Old June 18th 08, 11:39 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
EvelynVogtGamble(Divamanque)

Baha via CatKB.com wrote:
Kreisleriana wrote:
Remember this unearthly, green-clad goddess?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7YWBOfsXsDA

The Texas-born beauty has died, aged 86. She was phenomenal. Rest in
peace.

Oh, amen. She was a great lady from a day when an entetainer had to have
actual, real talent, and not just be an over-produced pretty face to stick on
a magazine cover and market all over kingdom come.

Make that a GENERIC "over-produced (etc.)"! Nowadays they all seem to
look alike (apart from the fact some are blond, some brunette)! The
men, too - time was when you could actually RECOGNIZE an actor or
actress by their own distinctive FACES!
Old June 18th 08, 11:45 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Jeanne Hedge

On Wed, 18 Jun 2008 18:31:34 +0100, "wafflycat"
wrote:

My all time favourite film, "Singin' In The Rain" has the classic scene
where she is wearing that green number, that showed off those long, long
legs to perfection, as she danced with Gene Kelly. Said dance scene was one
of my Dad's favourite screen items and he would remark just how lovely her
legs were, with an "Aye, aye, aye, AYE!" :-)

Your dad too? When my dad was in the navy and based out of Long
Beach, some of the crew went on a studio tour and got to see some of
the movies actually being filmed. I forget exactly which ones he saw
(although he *did* see part of the dream sequence from "Oklahoma!"
being filmed), but one of the movies was one with Cyd Charisse.

To this day, when one of her movies comes on TV my mom tells him that
"his girl Cyd" is on g

RIP

Jeanne Hedge

http://www.jhedge.com