Cat's Pride Litter

Old July 10th 04, 10:22 PM
Suzie-Q

Default Cat's Pride Litter

I decided to try some "flushable" cat litter. The only
brand I could find locally is "Cat's Pride." It says on
the box that it's "certified safe to flush," but is it
really?

Have any of you used it? Any comments?

Thanks in advance,
--
8^)~~~ Sue (remove the x to e-mail)
~~~~~~

http://home.earthlink.net/~sme617
Old July 10th 04, 10:41 PM
Cheryl

In the fine newsgroup "rec.pets.cats.health+behav", Suzie-Q
artfully composed this message within
on 10
Jul 2004:

I decided to try some "flushable" cat litter. The only
brand I could find locally is "Cat's Pride." It says on
the box that it's "certified safe to flush," but is it
really?

Have any of you used it? Any comments?

Thanks in advance,

I wouldn't flush any litter. Even TP can cause your toilet to stop
up.

--
Cheryl

Old July 10th 04, 11:18 PM
Mary

"Suzie-Q" wrote in message
I decided to try some "flushable" cat litter. The only
brand I could find locally is "Cat's Pride." It says on
the box that it's "certified safe to flush," but is it
really?

Buddha likes Arm and Hammer Flushable. I have never seen Cat's Pride
flushable. We have used the former for several months with no problem, and
this plumbing is OLD. You only flush the clumps. The rest has to go out as
usual.

Old July 11th 04, 06:50 AM
-L. :

Suzie-Q wrote in message ...
I decided to try some "flushable" cat litter. The only
brand I could find locally is "Cat's Pride." It says on
the box that it's "certified safe to flush," but is it
really?

Have any of you used it? Any comments?

Thanks in advance,

No. IMO you are asking for trouble - I have had many people comment
that they got blockages from it. The stuff still expands, but not as
much as regular litter. It's just as easy to scoop into a plastic
grocery bag and throw it immediately into the trash.

-L.

Old July 11th 04, 02:21 PM
jmc

On Sat, 10 Jul 2004 16:41:13 -0500, all of a sudden, Cheryl
exclaimed:

In the fine newsgroup "rec.pets.cats.health+behav", Suzie-Q
artfully composed this message within
on 10
Jul 2004:

I decided to try some "flushable" cat litter. The only
brand I could find locally is "Cat's Pride." It says on
the box that it's "certified safe to flush," but is it
really?

Have any of you used it? Any comments?

Thanks in advance,

I wouldn't flush any litter. Even TP can cause your toilet to stop
up.

Hmm. Just for a differing, "from experience" opinion, I've used quite
a number of flushable litters, for approximately 7 of Meep's 8 years,
in three different countries (I'm American, so the US is included) and
have never had toilets stop up. I've used a couple versions of
pine-based litter, as well as Swheat Scoop and Worlds Best. Had some
problem with Swheat Scoop's really hard clumps, but I always broke
them up before flushing.

Worlds Best Cat Litter is our favorite (Meep seems to like it better
than the rest too - less fanatical digging). Haven't tried Cats Pride
yet, though. What's it made of?

For myself, I'll never use a non-flushable again.

jmc
jmc
usenet [at] jodi [dit] ws
Any day you learn something isn't a total waste.

Old July 11th 04, 03:09 PM
Mary

"jmc" wrote

For myself, I'll never use a non-flushable again.

Me either.