What Price For Kitty?

Old February 15th 05, 10:54 PM
Mary

"Steve G" wrote in message
oups.com...

Mary wrote:
"Steve G" wrote in message
ups.com...

(...)

"Rudeness is the weak man's imitation of strength" - Eric Hoffer.

Pfft. Thanks for sharing you mealy-mouthed Englishman.

Mealy-mouthed Brit quotes mealy-mouthed Yankee.

Precisely!

I'm guessing you'd hate most of these:
http://www.erichoffer.net/quotes.html

Hey, in the light of your responses to this thread, I assume you're
going to stop telling people how to post, vide your recent Campaign for
the Promotion of Good Quoting?

To what are you referring, dood? :O) You lost me.

Old February 15th 05, 10:54 PM
Mary

"Steve G" wrote in message
oups.com...

Mary wrote:
(...)

And therefore a useless waste of energy. What my mother
called "borrowing trouble." For those who do not have
enough to occupy their minds with, let's imagine car
crashes.

And, based on the result of those crashes, let's imagine airbags.
And antilock brakes.
And crumple zones.
And seat belts
And and

Steve.

You go right ahead. I choose not to.

Old February 15th 05, 10:58 PM
Steve G

KellyH wrote:
(...)

Both rpch+b and rpca have their place. Sometimes I do want to tell a

cute
story about my cat and not have a bunch of "OMG, you feed your cat

dry
food?" comments.

I used to read rpca occasionally (even posted a couple of times), but I
do longer do - too saccharine (should that be Splenda-did, these days?)

And if I read the community ng I actually starting twitching and have
to go and bite the head off a squirrel in order to regain my
equilibrium.

Steve.

Old February 15th 05, 11:08 PM
Monique Y. Mudama

On 2005-02-15, Mary penned:

You don't mind if I call you Mo, do you? I think it's awful cute.

Personally, I much prefer to spell Mo' with an apostrophe. It's an
abbreviation, after all. There are certainly worse nicknames.

I believe I was first called Mo' in high school, when I was told that I needed
a shortened name for our neighborhood basketball games. Mark was "shortened"
to Laquanda, as I recall ... somehow, mine was the only one that actually
*was* shorter.

It actually *is* handy for sports. When I'm out on the ice, for example, it's
a lot easier to hear a teammate on the bench shout "Mo'!" than "Monique!"

--
monique, who spoils Oscar unmercifully

Old February 15th 05, 11:16 PM
Mary

"Steve G" wrote in message
ups.com...

KellyH wrote:
(...)

Both rpch+b and rpca have their place. Sometimes I do want to tell a

cute
story about my cat and not have a bunch of "OMG, you feed your cat

dry
food?" comments.

I used to read rpca occasionally (even posted a couple of times), but I
do longer do - too saccharine (should that be Splenda-did, these days?)

And if I read the community ng I actually starting twitching and have
to go and bite the head off a squirrel in order to regain my
equilibrium.

Oh, man! What a GREAT suggestion! lol

Old February 15th 05, 11:28 PM
Monique Y. Mudama

On 2005-02-15, Steve G penned:

I used to read rpca occasionally (even posted a couple of times), but I do
longer do - too saccharine (should that be Splenda-did, these days?)

And if I read the community ng I actually starting twitching and have to go
and bite the head off a squirrel in order to regain my equilibrium.

Yeah, I can't stomach the "community" ng -- actually, I just plain can't
understand most of the posts -- but I'm glad there's a place where people who
want to post that way can share with others of that sort. Keeps 'em out of
the NGs I do frequent =)

--
monique, who spoils Oscar unmercifully

Old February 15th 05, 11:30 PM
Monique Y. Mudama

On 2005-02-15, Mary penned:

"Steve G" wrote in message
oups.com...

And, based on the result of those crashes, let's imagine airbags.
And antilock brakes.
And crumple zones.
And seat belts
And and

Steve.

You go right ahead. I choose not to.

I'm glad that some people do, as they save many a life by thinking of creative
ways to cheat death.

--
monique, who spoils Oscar unmercifully

Old February 15th 05, 11:30 PM
Mary

On 2005-02-15, Steve G penned:

I used to read rpca occasionally (even posted a couple of times), but I

do
longer do - too saccharine (should that be Splenda-did, these days?)

And if I read the community ng I actually starting twitching and have to

go
and bite the head off a squirrel in order to regain my equilibrium.

Yeah, I can't stomach the "community" ng -- actually, I just plain can't
understand most of the posts -- but I'm glad there's a place where people

who
want to post that way can share with others of that sort. Keeps 'em out

of
the NGs I do frequent =)

See, saying that community gags me HERE is not the same thing as
going to community and saying it. Groups are as they are. But I am
not supposed to "cop out" and say that "Usenet Lyn" and Cheryl and
whoever else harps on this theme are control freaks because they
post HERE about how nathty we all are and how good the GOOD
old days are, according to Karen Chuplis. *sigh* Idiocy.

Old February 15th 05, 11:38 PM
Cheryl

On Tue 15 Feb 2005 05:49:38p, Steve G wrote in
rec.pets.cats.health+behav
roups.com):

Hey, in the light of your responses to this thread, I assume
you're going to stop telling people how to post, vide your
recent Campaign for the Promotion of Good Quoting?

She's been doing that all along. What makes you think she's going to
stop now? Only rather than saying "shut up", she resorts to bully
tactics all in the name of "free speech". She makes me want to vomit.
PKB every single time.

--
Cheryl