Record high

Old July 7th 05, 01:49 PM
Victor Martinez

Default Record high

Yesterday we hit a record high for the day: 104F (40C). We haven't had
rain in 5 weeks. It's brutal.

--
Victor M. Martinez
Send your spam he

Old July 7th 05, 02:07 PM
CatNipped

"Victor Martinez" wrote in message
. ..
Yesterday we hit a record high for the day: 104F (40C). We haven't had
rain in 5 weeks. It's brutal.

Here too except we've been even longer without rain. Last night it finally
drizzled. I was riding my bike and the rain was evaporating as soon as it
hit the pavement.

Hugs,

CatNipped

--
Victor M. Martinez
Send your spam he

Old July 7th 05, 04:19 PM
lewe

"Victor Martinez" wrote in message
. ..
Yesterday we hit a record high for the day: 104F (40C). We haven't had
rain in 5 weeks. It's brutal.

Hot!
it's 28C here today which must be considered hot for Sweden - but since I'm
up north at my parents' it's still green and everything so it's still kind
of fresh compared to Real Hot ...
I'll puff some fresh air your way, ready? there - take a deep breth!
=)

--
lewe
lewemi at yahoo dot se | cats' pics: photos.yahoo.com/lewemi

Old July 7th 05, 04:37 PM
Jo Firey

"lewe" wrote in message
"Victor Martinez" wrote in message
. ..
Yesterday we hit a record high for the day: 104F (40C). We haven't had
rain in 5 weeks. It's brutal.

Hot!
it's 28C here today which must be considered hot for Sweden - but since
I'm up north at my parents' it's still green and everything so it's still
kind of fresh compared to Real Hot ...
I'll puff some fresh air your way, ready? there - take a deep breth!
=)

When we lived in Alaska that would have been very hot. The sun is so direct
this time of year and you don't really have the means to get cool.

Jo

Old July 7th 05, 05:51 PM
Christine K.

lewe wrote:
"Victor Martinez" wrote in message
. ..

Yesterday we hit a record high for the day: 104F (40C). We haven't had
rain in 5 weeks. It's brutal.

Hot!
it's 28C here today which must be considered hot for Sweden - but since I'm
up north at my parents' it's still green and everything so it's still kind
of fresh compared to Real Hot ...
I'll puff some fresh air your way, ready? there - take a deep breth!
=)

How far up north are you? My parents are at our Swedish cottage in
Jämtland, near the village of Skyttmon (www.skyttmon.se), and they said
they had 27C there at 10 in the morning, together with millions of
mosquitos... Taking a deep breath there, at least outside, will have you
swallow at least a few of the mosquitos.

--
Christine in Vantaa, Finland
christal63 (at) gmail (dot) com
Old July 7th 05, 10:28 PM
Christina Websell

"Victor Martinez" wrote in message
. ..
Yesterday we hit a record high for the day: 104F (40C). We haven't had
rain in 5 weeks. It's brutal.

I just can't imagine it. I think I would die in that sort of heat.
It is 20 something here in the daytime (70 plus a little) and 10 at night,
50ish. Suits me just fine. Rain yesterday, quite a lot actually, and a few
showers today as well.
Swap you just one week to see what it's like. No, make that a day ;-)

Tweed
cool and comfortable in a room at 68f

Old July 8th 05, 12:58 AM
Steve Touchstone

On Thu, 7 Jul 2005 22:28:46 +0100, "Christina Websell"
wrote:

"Victor Martinez" wrote in message
Yesterday we hit a record high for the day: 104F (40C). We haven't had
rain in 5 weeks. It's brutal.

I just can't imagine it. I think I would die in that sort of heat.
It is 20 something here in the daytime (70 plus a little) and 10 at night,
50ish. Suits me just fine. Rain yesterday, quite a lot actually, and a few
showers today as well.
Swap you just one week to see what it's like. No, make that a day ;-)

Ah, but the idea of swapping would never work. You see you need to get
there before the heat starts, and let your body get used to the heat
as it builds. That was our problem when I was stationed at Ft Ord,
near Carmel on the Monteray Bay of California. We could NEVER get used
to the weather. We were freezing when it was foggy and damp in the
morning, then burning up when the fog burned off and the sun came out.
The temperatures were never extreme, but it sure felt like it.
--
Steve Touchstone,
faithful servant of Sammy, Little Bit and the Evil Spot

[remove Junk for email]
Home Page:
Old July 8th 05, 01:50 AM
Hans Schrøder

"Victor Martinez" wrote in message
. ..
Yesterday we hit a record high for the day: 104F (40C). We haven't had
rain in 5 weeks. It's brutal.

I guess I should consider myself lucky, here in Norway, we just passed max
of 86º F (30º C). Some afternoons we even get some rain showers, maybe
accompanied by thunder...

Most Norwegians don't like temperatures higher than the one mentioned... My
personal favorite is somewhere between 73º F (23º C) and 81º F (27º C). If
it gets above that, I start looking for shade...

Hans

Old July 8th 05, 02:38 AM
Jo Firey

wrote:

"Victor Martinez" wrote in message
m...
[...]

That area will drive you crazy. The weather can change dramatically if you
drive a mile. Still love it though. We are overdue for a visit.

Jo