OT Scary Story

Old May 3rd 08, 08:51 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Kyla =^. .^=[_2_]

Default OT Scary Story

I just got off the phone with my youngest sister, who lives in Utah and last
night her daughter's carbon monoxide detector went off at 3 am. She took it
outside and it stopped beeping, then when she took it back in the apt, it
went off again, so she called 911 and got her and her 2 small kids outside.
Her neighbor's CM alarm had also gone off, but he just took the batteries
out and went back to sleep, with his elderly wife. Well, there were about 4
fire trucks, aid cars etc there, and right before they were going to kick
the neighbor's door down, the man groggily answered the door.
They could have all been killed, and my neice was being 'watched over' IMO.
Had to share that
Thank God they're safe
Hug
Kyla

Old May 3rd 08, 08:55 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
[email protected]

Kyla =^. .^= wrote:

I just got off the phone with my youngest sister, who lives in Utah and last
night her daughter's carbon monoxide detector went off at 3 am. She took it
outside and it stopped beeping, then when she took it back in the apt, it
went off again, so she called 911 and got her and her 2 small kids outside.
Her neighbor's CM alarm had also gone off, but he just took the batteries
out and went back to sleep, with his elderly wife. Well, there were about 4
fire trucks, aid cars etc there, and right before they were going to kick
the neighbor's door down, the man groggily answered the door.
They could have all been killed, and my neice was being 'watched over' IMO.
Had to share that
Thank God they're safe

Wow, that was a close call! I'm glad they were OK. And what a dumb
thing for the neighbor to do - those things are there for a reason!!

Are there other apartments in the building? I wonder if everyone had
problems?

--
Joyce

To email me, remove the triple-X from my user name. ^..^
Old May 3rd 08, 09:12 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Granby

A friend had a wife who always burned things when cooking, He took the
batteries out of the smoke alarm. She was killed one night when the place
caught on fire and they didn't wake up in time. Such a silly thing to do.

Old May 3rd 08, 09:12 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Kyla =^. .^=[_2_]

bastXXXette
Kyla =^. .^=
[...]

Yeah, that was a dumb thing for the neighbor to do and it nearly cost him
his life.

Are there other apartments in the building? I wonder if everyone had
problems?

It's just a duplex, I think, and the furnaces have to be replaced. So I
guess, yeah, others had the same problem. It gets into the 20''s at night
there and the new furnaces won't be in till next week.

Kyla

Old May 3rd 08, 09:16 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Adrian[_2_]

Kyla =^. .^= wrote:
I just got off the phone with my youngest sister, who lives in Utah
and last night her daughter's carbon monoxide detector went off at 3
am. She took it outside and it stopped beeping, then when she took
it back in the apt, it went off again, so she called 911 and got her
and her 2 small kids outside. Her neighbor's CM alarm had also gone
off, but he just took the batteries out and went back to sleep, with
his elderly wife. Well, there were about 4 fire trucks, aid cars etc
there, and right before they were going to kick the neighbor's door
down, the man groggily answered the door. They could have all been killed,
and my neice was being 'watched
over' IMO. Had to share that
Thank God they're safe
Hug
Kyla

I keep intending to buy one of those but so far haven't got a round tuit,
your post comes as a timely reminder. So glad your niece and her neighbours
are safe.
Cats leave pawprints on your heart

Old May 3rd 08, 09:18 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Ann

Good to hear there was a good outcome to the alarm going off.

--
Ann
in Connecticut
. ..

Old May 3rd 08, 10:10 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Kyla =^. .^=[_2_]

"Adrian"
Kyla =^. .^= wrote:
[...]

We have electric heat, so no worries about that here.

So glad your niece and her neighbours
are safe.

Thanks, me too
Hug
Kyla
Cats leave pawprints on your heart

Old May 3rd 08, 10:11 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Kyla =^. .^=[_2_]

Thanks, you and me both...imagine if they hadn't had the alarms..
Kyla
--shuddering

"Ann"
Good to hear there was a good outcome to the alarm going off.

--
Ann
in Connecticut
see my cats at
http://www.flickr.com/photos/ann791/sets/
*
*
*
. ..

Old May 4th 08, 06:24 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Lesley

On May 3, 1:12*pm, "Granby" wrote:
A friend had a wife who always burned things when cooking,

My mum used to say "Cookings done" when the alarm went off as she was
famous for burning food

We have CM detectors, heat alarms, smoke alarms etc (our main fire
alarm has been out of order for 5 years) and they are checked annually
along with the boiler- funnily enough they did it last Thursday and
batteries replaced

Lesley

Slave of the Fabulous Furballs
Old May 5th 08, 02:06 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Kyla =^. .^=[_2_]

"Lesley"
On May 3, 1:12 pm, "Granby"
A friend had a wife who always burned things when cooking,

My mum used to say "Cookings done" when the alarm went off as she was
famous for burning food

We have CM detectors, heat alarms, smoke alarms etc (our main fire
alarm has been out of order for 5 years) and they are checked annually
along with the boiler- funnily enough they did it last Thursday and
batteries replaced

Lesley

Good for you to get them replaced. Better safe than sorry
Hug
Kyla

Slave of the Fabulous Furballs

It's getting really scary now CatNipped[_2_] Cat anecdotes 15 May 4th 07 07:39 PM
It's getting really scary now! CatNipped[_2_] Cat health & behaviour 6 May 2nd 07 09:01 PM
Scary monster Marina Cat anecdotes 30 April 8th 07 08:55 PM
RB Kitty story invite (Rocky's Story" reposted - Longish) Steve Touchstone Cat anecdotes 2 July 15th 05 07:14 AM
It was scary John Biltz Cat anecdotes 10 December 27th 03 04:54 PM