Answer me this

Old May 4th 08, 10:26 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Stormmee

Default Answer me this

you have your answer then, Lee
Christina Websell wrote in message
If KFC cannot eat any cat food that is chunky and needs it all crushed up
because of her ancient teeth, why can she eat a collared dove or a rat?
With bones in, and wings and feathers and feet. Which she does. Eats the
lot. Very good for her bowels ;-)

She plays with me.

Old May 4th 08, 10:30 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Stormmee

show she is an eternal optimist, Lee
Sjouke Burry wrote in message
. ..
Joy wrote:
"Jo Firey" wrote in message
"Christina Websell" wrote in

message
If KFC cannot eat any cat food that is chunky and needs it all crushed

up
because of her ancient teeth, why can she eat a collared dove or a

rat?
With bones in, and wings and feathers and feet. Which she does. Eats

the
lot. Very good for her bowels ;-)

She plays with me.

You are only just now asking yourself this? She has really done a

number
on your mind, hasn't she.

Good girl KFC. Very good girl.

Ours are picky, but maybe because the birds are so plentiful. They

leave
the wings and the lizard tails.

Jo

Nanki-Poo usually leaves only a few feathers when he catches a bird. He
disembowels mice and eats part of them. He doesn't eat any of the rice

or
gophers he catches. Naturally, all remains are deposited on my light

beige
carpet.

Joy

A cat slave with light beige carpet should be an impossible
combination....

Old May 4th 08, 10:30 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
wafflycat

"Christina Websell" wrote in message
If KFC cannot eat any cat food that is chunky and needs it all crushed up
because of her ancient teeth, why can she eat a collared dove or a rat?
With bones in, and wings and feathers and feet. Which she does. Eats the
lot. Very good for her bowels ;-)

She plays with me.

It's like Waffles - she's getting on now: minus some fangs. She's minus an
eye. Vet said to me, when he operated to remove the eye, that as her ability
to jusge distance is now gone, she won't be hunting or climbing successfully
anymore. He obviously hasn't informed Waffles of this over the years. Last
evening she positively *ran* up the willow at the end of the garden, right
into the high branches, where she sat contentedly, whiskers out, ears erect,
sniffing the evening air. When I shook the tin of cat treats, (Helen Miles
will like this) turned into a margay and ran head first down the tree to
then zoom into the house to get her treats and she regularly comes in with a
mouse, vole or shrew firmly clamped into her ever-gummier jaws. If Vernon or
I are out in the garage, she's up there, in the rafters, leaping about
having a whale of a time... go figure.

Old May 4th 08, 01:39 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
[email protected]

Good girl KFC. *Very good girl.

She does my head in, Jo.

Tweed

And you love her for it! ;o)

Long Live KFC!

Helen M
Old May 4th 08, 04:43 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Kreisleriana[_3_]

"Christina Websell" wrote in message
If KFC cannot eat any cat food that is chunky and needs it all crushed up
because of her ancient teeth, why can she eat a collared dove or a rat?
With bones in, and wings and feathers and feet. Which she does. Eats the
lot. Very good for her bowels ;-)

She plays with me.

I can't answer. She is a mysterious old girl.

--
Theresa, Stinky and Dante
drtmuirATearthlink.net

Old May 4th 08, 04:49 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Enfilade

If I may be gross, I'm going to suggest that a bird or rat is full of
blood which helps the chunks slide down (like a thick, red gravy) and
also that the prey's little bones are rather easily breakable,
particularly if you whack 'em around first. She may be doing a lot of
"gulping chunks" (Smokey does this...our others chew, but Smokey does
this "guzzle" thing involving tearing off a hunk and letting it slide
down his throat. I'm convinced this is a feral thing.)

I'm just glad she likes her fresh food

--Fil

Old May 4th 08, 09:32 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
[email protected]

wafflycat wrote:

It's like Waffles - she's getting on now: minus some fangs. She's minus an
eye. Vet said to me, when he operated to remove the eye, that as her ability
to jusge distance is now gone, she won't be hunting or climbing successfully
anymore. He obviously hasn't informed Waffles of this over the years. Last
evening she positively *ran* up the willow at the end of the garden, right
into the high branches, where she sat contentedly, whiskers out, ears erect,
sniffing the evening air. When I shook the tin of cat treats, (Helen Miles
will like this) turned into a margay and ran head first down the tree to
then zoom into the house to get her treats and she regularly comes in with a
mouse, vole or shrew firmly clamped into her ever-gummier jaws. If Vernon or
I are out in the garage, she's up there, in the rafters, leaping about
having a whale of a time... go figure.

I love hearing this! How old is Waffles, exactly? (If you know, that is.)
She's just a high-spirited girl.

--
Joyce

To email me, remove the triple-X from my user name. ^..^
Old May 4th 08, 09:36 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
[email protected]

hopitus wrote:
On May 3, 4:31 pm, "Christina Websell"
wrote:

Long live KFC.

I second this!
Old May 4th 08, 10:31 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
wafflycat

wrote in message
wafflycat wrote:

[...]

She'll be... *thinks* about 14 now.

I was doing some gardening today, down on the banks of the stream. Madam had
a whale of a time next to me *encouraging* frogs to jump inot the stream...

Old May 4th 08, 10:45 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
[email protected]

wafflycat wrote:

wrote in message

How old is Waffles, exactly? (If you know, that is.)

She'll be... *thinks* about 14 now.

Yep, she's getting on. But she certainly could have many more years
in her. Look at KFC! (Which is how this thread started in the first
place.)

I was doing some gardening today, down on the banks of the stream.

This sounds like the start of a one of those sing-along camp songs.

Madam had a whale of a time next to me *encouraging* frogs to jump
inot the stream...

Sounds like she didn't understand that frogs are perfectly happy in the
water.