How do cats know?

Old February 7th 09, 12:44 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Rona Y.

Default How do cats know?

Putting freshly washed and folded sheets in the linen closet. Walk
away to get more stuff, and when I try to put more sheets in, I see a
pair of eyes staring out at me. Kitty has managed, in just a few
minutes, to make a bed out of my freshly folded sheets.

Kitty's asleep on the bed in my room. I change the sheets on the bed
in another room, and when I go back to my room, Kitty is gone.
Where'd she go? To sleep on the bed with the newly-changed sheets.

How does she know? It must be the smell, but it's not like the old
sheets smelled bad. And why does she prefer the freshly washed ones?
Like I said, it's not like the old ones smelled bad.

And in terms of comfort, when sitting on the floor she goes from floor
to newspaper to area rug to jacket fallen on the floor. And if you
drop them consecutively (though a few minutes apart) in that order on
the floor next to each other, she'll actually move within seconds of
having the new option, but if I drop a newspaper next to, say, the
jacket, she won't move back to the newspaper. What's up with that?
How does she know?

Cats.
Old February 7th 09, 05:37 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
MLB

Rona Y. wrote:
[...]

I call this "claiming" She is saying: this is mine too. But she is
willing to let you use it later. MLB
Old February 7th 09, 11:34 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Rona Y.

On Feb 7, 2:37*pm, MLB wrote:
I call this "claiming" *She is saying: *this is mine too. *But she is
willing to let you use it later. *MLB

LOL!

Ain't that the truth!