Ping jill

Old March 6th 08, 05:08 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
john sumner[_7_]

Default DELETING ENTIRE THREAD!! EVELYN! Ping jill

"EvelynVogtGamble(Divamanque)" wrote in
:

SFAIK, you can only delete a thread if it's one you originated, Kyla.
You may get it off your screen, but you've no right to dictate what
others read or don't read! (Despite the things our a----le president
has done to destroy our freedoms, in his regrettable eight years in
office.)

Ya know it was people like you who wanted to keep this flame war going
and did not listen to pleas from the regulars in this group too stop the
crossposting but you ignored everyone, so i dont really care what you
think.

Old March 6th 08, 05:17 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
jofirey

Default Asparagus

wrote in message
"EvelynVogtGamble(Divamanque)" wrote:

Artichokes are okay in my estimation, but they're an awful lot of work
for so little reward. (And best when dipped in melted butter, which can
add the pounds in a hurry!)

But then, in that case, you're getting maximum calories for your
efforts.

(I agree about artichokes being more trouble than they're worth.
Feel the same way about lobster, too.)

I adore artichokes. When my parents would visit California, they would
drive a hundred miles out of their way if they had to, just to get the
artichoke fritters in Castroville. At the Giant Artichoke.

They are pretty good with mayonnaise instead of butter. Even light
mayonnaise.

Jo

Old March 6th 08, 03:45 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
CatNipped[_2_]

Default Time for a Reposting of our FAQ??? [ EVELYN! Ping jill]

"john sumner" wrote in message
et...
"CatNipped" wrote in
It's the absolute best way (besides ignoring them) to shoo trolls out
of the group. First they're like "What"? Then they might try again.
Then they are so puzzled (it's not hard to fool the feeble mind of a
troll) that they'll usually give up and go away. As long as you don't
give them the reaction they're looking for they get no enjoyment out
of their vicious little pranks.

Hugs,

CatNipped

Cat wish other groups would do that.

You mostly have to agree to do it as a group or it doesn't work well (you
could always suggest it to other regulars and see if it catches on). How we
started doing it here?... Yowie has been our mainpin for quite a while (she
created and took care of our FAQ until another regular took over those
duties, the FAQ explains our group marvelously, including our response to
trolls). And as Yowie stated, many in our group communicate in a private
manner (and a lot of us even meet in real life too). So for us it's easier
to keep a "united front" against trolls - if something irks us we just take
it off-line and decide what to do about it there.

I've really never seen this phenomenon in any other group - not even the
other groups that branched out from the original "rec.pets.cats" newsgroup
in the mid 90s. We are all extraordinarily close to each other and really
are just like a big family (I can get ticked and say what I please to
another regular, but don't let a *stranger* say a thing about him/her or
I'll have his/her fanny on a platter ;).

So, we do bicker and spat, but when it comes down to important stuff we come
together in an "us against the world" manner. One of the really marvelous
things that comes about from this is the good we've done in real life.
There have been members who have had really sick cats and were unable to pay
the vet's bill - we've rallied on here and, each of us sending what we can
to the vet, and have covered the expenses and saved cats' lives. One really
sad but amazing event happened when one of us suffered the most tragic loss
ever - losing a small child in a car accident. On top of everything else,
she was worried about how to pay the funeral expenses when she learned that
a "lurker" in rpca had paid the bill in full!!!! Things like that are more
like works of fiction than real life, but they really do happen here.

All of us here treasure each other and this group, and we WON'T let anything
happen to it, so newbies don't have to worry about what trolls might do - we
eat 'em for breakfast here on a regular basis! As Will said, what are they
going to do, *type* at us? [I love that zinger, Will!] ;

Hugs,

CatNipped

Old March 6th 08, 04:11 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
john sumner[_7_]

"CatNipped" wrote in
:

[...]

After reading what you just said cat, i have noticed that about this
group, i belong to a few yahoo groups which are like this we have become
close and share jokes with each other and whats going on with our lives
i am so glad i wondered back here after leaving usenets for a couple of
months, I am back here too stay and i like this wonderful group and the
regulars. Can you show me the URL for the FAQ.

Old March 6th 08, 04:39 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes,alt.usenet.kooks,alt.fan.art-bell,news.groups
John \C\

Default Ping jill

"Meat Plow" wrote in message
On Mon, 03 Mar 2008 07:02:15 -0800, jameslebbs wrote:

Too bad about your dad dying, not he won`t see you turn into the

dyke
that you can now become, and one more thing ****ING BITCH.

You ****ing cat people are nutz. WELCOME TO AUK!!

You dropped a twinkie on the floor, fatso.

Number One

Old March 6th 08, 04:40 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes,alt.usenet.kooks
John \C\

"Meat Plow" wrote in message
On Mon, 03 Mar 2008 18:21:43 +0000, john sumner puked:

Meat Plow wrote in

:

On Mon, 03 Mar 2008 07:02:15 -0800, jameslebbs wrote:

Too bad about your dad dying, not he won`t see you turn into the

dyke
that you can now become, and one more thing ****ING BITCH.

You ****ing cat people are nutz. WELCOME TO AUK!!

And you people are a bunch of asswipes too fall for trolls like this

Did you just try to write something, Dick-drippens?

Yes, you like that on your twinkies, fatso.

Number One

Old March 6th 08, 04:41 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes,alt.usenet.kooks,alt.fan.art-bell,news.groups
John \C\

"Meat Plow" wrote in message
On Mon, 03 Mar 2008 12:36:56 -0700, EvelynVogtGamble(Divamanque)

wrote:

Meat Plow wrote:
On Mon, 03 Mar 2008 07:02:15 -0800, jameslebbs wrote:

Too bad about your dad dying, not he won`t see you turn into the

dyke
that you can now become, and one more thing ****ING BITCH.

You ****ing cat people are nutz. WELCOME TO AUK!!

"Pot meet kettle, Kettle meet pot....." We may be "nutz", but at

least
we're not VICIOUS nuts, as you and the OT of this thread appear to

be.

Appear? You can't see me.

How can you hide with that 58 inch waist?

Number One

Old March 6th 08, 04:41 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes,alt.usenet.kooks
John \C\

"Meat Plow" wrote in message

See?

Not thru your fat belly.

Number One

Old March 6th 08, 04:42 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
CatNipped[_2_]

[...]

I don't remember the URL or who took it over (the mind goes quickly after
50!), but I'll "ping" it in another thread - it's a good time to post it
again since we have so many new comers to the group lately.

Hugs,

CatNipped

Old March 6th 08, 04:45 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
CatNipped[_2_]

[...]

Oops, I found it with a google search:
http://professional-geek.com/persona...ca/rpcafaq.htm

Hugs,

CatNipped

Ping - Jill jofirey Cat anecdotes 1 March 6th 08 09:49 AM
Ping Jill Kreisleriana[_2_] Cat anecdotes 2 November 18th 07 05:30 PM
PING: Dan,Lee, or Jill Pat Cat anecdotes 6 March 12th 07 07:43 PM
Ping Jill Marina Cat anecdotes 2 September 11th 05 05:17 PM
PING : Jill McQ Magic Mood Jeep© Cat anecdotes 2 February 12th 05 03:31 AM