Check out this website

Old March 12th 08, 08:11 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
EvelynVogtGamble(Divamanque)

Default You can tell school is out for spring break

Matthew wrote:
"jmcquown" wrote in message
"EvelynVogtGamble(Divamanque)" wrote:

Matthew wrote:
crossposting spam and BS removed

You can tell the little people are out on spring break

ALREADY???? (Easter isn't until the 23rd, but I guess schools don't
go by that, any more.)
Spring break is earlier than Easter. Well, I guess it depends on when
Easter comes, but spring break spans February through March. I'm aware
of this because I visit my family in Florida and I try to avoid it.

Joyce

Some colleges let out for Spring Break last week. I don't have any idea
when primary, middle & high schools get those breaks anymore; they used to
correspond with Easter but Easter isn't a "constant". Frankly, I'm not
sure why schools (other than colleges) even *have* spring and fall breaks.
People in the U.S. always bitch about poor education but it seems schools
are out more than they are in!

Jill

Here in Florida they did something very strange this year every college and
university are off this week

Maybe one day technology will advance enough to be like the matrix and they
can download some intelligence into these "young people"

That must wait until they invent COMPUTERS that possess intelligence!
(If our civilization lasts that long!) Most laymen don't seem to realize
that, however swiftly computers compute, and however many mathematical
problems they solve swiftly, they don't really THINK! (Unfortunately,
that seems to be true of a great many humans these days, too.)

Our government may try to ignore "global warming", but its consequences
are with us already, and many scientists are alarmed because it is
progressing much, much faster than originally estimated. I begin to
think my Mormon friends are correct in their belief that "Armageddon" is
near, and that Mankind is bringing it down upon itself!
Old March 12th 08, 11:10 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
jmcquown[_2_]

jofirey wrote:
"EvelynVogtGamble(Divamanque)" wrote in
message ...

wrote:
"EvelynVogtGamble(Divamanque)" wrote:

The "one-eyed monster" in the living room that once kept kids
indoors after school was only the tip of the iceberg! (Now, even
their "action games" - war, wild west, space adventures - seem to
take place indoors, isolated in a virtual world.)

Of course, ahem... we should talk.

Oh I dunno - seems as though a good many people here talk about
bicycling, skating, hiking, or doing sports of one sort or another!
Maybe some of us are elderly couch potatoes, and of course some are
disabled, but we're not the ones who commit malicious mischief on
the internet, either! That requires kids with too little
supervision, too much time on their hands, and no incentive to play
outdoors.

Since when does there need to be incentive to play outdoors? All
that is required is outdoors and someone with a slight imagination.

Jo

LOL Very true, Jo. As a kid I couldn't *wait* to change out of my school
clothes and go outside and play. Rainy days were the boring ones, unless it
wasn't storming badly, then we could put on our galoshes and rain slickers
and go out and jump in puddles or build stick & mud dams by the curb. G
As a teen, after school I'd meet my friends and we'd take long walks around
the neighborhood and through the woods and fields that were around it.
Okay, we weren't always "behaving ourselves", but we were outside getting
exercise and fresh air

Jill

Old March 13th 08, 04:27 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
tanadashoes

"jmcquown" wrote in message
Matthew wrote:
crossposting spam and BS removed

You can tell the little people are out on spring break

Yep. They need to be out playing in the snow, or shoveling the
driveway... or (down here in the southern U.S.) enjoying the sunshine
rather than trolling or spamming

Jill

We just did that, thanks to Amanda. She finally got some back pay from the
VA and, since we'd been paying all her expenses, took us to Wilmington, NC.
We had a great time, even Wamsee, who, was my bed cat since pets weren't
allowed at the motel. We walked the beach and collected shells, visited the
Battleship North Carolina (was on TAPS haunting on Sci-Fi network. only
found a cold spot and the door to the bathroom stall didn't want to lock. I
figure the reasons could be anything), the Fort Fisher Aquarium, and Fort
Fisher the battle field. I took my computer, but, for some reason, the
cyber-club kept giving us plug in your cable messages, so we gave it up. I
didn't even bother to open mine up. The rest played their games late at
night while I read. We needed the break, though I wish Mandy hadn't
insisted on paying for it.

Pam S.

*******God News For all How To Turn Your Dull Website into MoneyMaking Website********** sd Cat health & behaviour 0 December 18th 07 09:55 AM
Check this out ! [email protected] Cat health & behaviour 0 July 26th 06 05:15 PM
Check these out [email protected] Cat anecdotes 0 February 5th 06 05:06 AM
check this... billybeer Cat community 0 November 18th 04 07:07 PM
Check this out :-) [email protected] Cat health & behaviour 6 October 3rd 04 11:50 PM