Cara Update - SHE'S HOME!!!

Old March 6th 08, 08:32 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
[email protected]

Default Cara Update - SHE'S HOME!!!

I picked up my baby girl this evening. The Endoscopy showed that
although there was a bit of abraision in her oesopegous and bruising
in her stomach, there was no eveidence of stick, thank goodness. Rob,
the vet, said that it was probably bits that had passed through and
she is on antibiotics to make sure there is no infection. So, a very
lucky escape.

As for the hip X-rays.... Cara has severe hip dysplasia in her left
hip - the vet guesstimated a single hip score of around 25! That
explains the recurrent lameness. Cara's right hip is fine, however.
Through her back, she has very bad arthritis and some sort of
degerative joint disease that I forget the name of but causes problems
with the sciatic nerve in severe cases. Cara also has a slghtly
twisted pelvis and boney bridges between her spinal vertebre which
means that she's going to gradually become very stiff with little
spinal flexibility. Rob also said that had she been an agility dog,
his recommendation would be immediate retirement.

Still, she's on Metacam, Seroquin, Hills J/D food, Cod-liver oil and
controlled exercise and she's OK. I did laugh at the vet - I said to
him after he had told me all the information about her hips
"Basically, you're saying I have a crappy collie?" he turned around
and said "No, there is NO such thing as a crappy collie! I have 2 BC's
and that's why I've taken over your case.... I try to deal with all
the collies, because I *get* them!"

Personally, I am delighted that Rob has taken over the case. Not only
is he a Border Collie man, but the main reason I didn't remember the
name of the joint disease that Cara has is because I was too busy
thinking how cute & good looking her vet was! He was very, very
nice....ahem...... ;o)

Thanks for all the purrs and prayers - you have no idea how much they
have helped.

Helen M and (a very stiff, wobbly) Cara.
Old March 6th 08, 09:23 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Mischief

EXCELLENT NEWS!!!

I'm so glad the stick wasn't in there....

I hope it makes it on its way out without any problems.....

Big hugs to you too! And glad you're vet is good looking

Kristi
Old March 6th 08, 09:47 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
[email protected]

Mischief wrote:

EXCELLENT NEWS!!!

I'm so glad the stick wasn't in there....

I hope it makes it on its way out without any problems.....

Big hugs to you too! And glad you're vet is good looking

Well, it's good to have the right priorities.

Joyce
--
To send email to this address, remove the triple-X from my user name.
Old March 6th 08, 09:57 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
jofirey

wrote in message
[...]

You rule Cara, sound like you got yourself a vet as good as mine!

Kayla

(One thing I like about my vet is his is very aware that collies including
BC's can be just as fragile as they are tough and you have to be careful
with them.)

Jo

Old March 6th 08, 10:45 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Daniel Mahoney

Excellent news! The furkids are all doing the Happy Dance.

Dan

Old March 6th 08, 10:56 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
tanadashoes

wrote in message

Personally, I am delighted that Rob has taken over the case. Not only
is he a Border Collie man, but the main reason I didn't remember the
name of the joint disease that Cara has is because I was too busy
thinking how cute & good looking her vet was! He was very, very
nice....ahem...... ;o)

Er, Helen, put the tongue back in your mouth and stop drooling. I'm glad
that you have him because not only is he good eye candy, but he understands
Cara and other Border Collies. But you got to put the tongue back in the
mouth long enough to hand over the insurance card.

Pam S. smiling and happy that Cara will be ok, with assistance.

Old March 6th 08, 11:18 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
tanadashoes

"Daniel Mahoney" wrote in message
news
Excellent news! The furkids are all doing the Happy Dance.

Dan

Speedy the d-thing did that once. Turned out that he just had to go outside
to release some inner energy.

Pam S. who was glad not to have to clean up the floor

Old March 6th 08, 11:27 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Irulan

So glad to hear the problem was not severe. Cara sounds
like such a sweet lady.

Lily & her mama

--
Irulan