Bobby is getting a new friend tomorrow

Old March 8th 08, 12:55 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
yepp

Default Bobby is getting a new friend tomorrow

and she is a girl
http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b171/lync_jl/cat3.jpg

And this is Bobby:
http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b1...oys/bobby4.jpg

Someone emailed me and said she was a stray. She crawled into their
baby's bedroom window one night. They immediately took her to the vet
and scanned for a microchip. Nothing. The couple didn't want to keep
her so they didn't get any shots or tests for her.

All this happened about a month ago and fliers were posted, vet and
shelters contacted, etc. No one has come forward.

The vet said she is about 5, missing a couple teeth, has some bad
matting, has been spayed and is DECLAWED on all 4 feet!

She is friendly, loves kids and people. Likes to be petted.

She gets car sick and I have an hour drive to get her. Bobby will be
so surprised! They look like twins!
Old March 8th 08, 01:17 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
yepp

On Mar 7, 8:17 pm, mlbriggs wrote:
On Fri, 07 Mar 2008 16:55:40 -0800, yepp wrote:
and she is a girl
http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b171/lync_jl/cat3.jpg

And this is Bobby:
http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b1...oys/bobby4.jpg

Someone emailed me and said she was a stray. She crawled into their baby's
bedroom window one night. They immediately took her to the vet and scanned
for a microchip. Nothing. The couple didn't want to keep her so they
didn't get any shots or tests for her.

All this happened about a month ago and fliers were posted, vet and
shelters contacted, etc. No one has come forward.

The vet said she is about 5, missing a couple teeth, has some bad matting,
has been spayed and is DECLAWED on all 4 feet!

She is friendly, loves kids and people. Likes to be petted.

She gets car sick and I have an hour drive to get her. Bobby will be so
surprised! They look like twins!

They are both so beautiful. They will make a lovely "couple".
Congratulations! MLB

Thanks. I am so excited.

Old March 8th 08, 01:29 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Kyla =^..^=

Congrats on your new fuzzy friend
Awwwww, bless yer heart for taking her in.
Beautiful photos
Hug
Kyla
--and Clowder

"yepp"
On Mar 7, 8:17 pm, mlbriggs

Old March 8th 08, 01:33 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
yepp

On Mar 7, 8:29 pm, "Kyla =^..^=" wrote:
[...]

Thanks. First cat since Casey died. It's been 3 months. Really
nervous.
Old March 8th 08, 02:28 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
jofirey

"yepp" wrote in message
and she is a girl
http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b171/lync_jl/cat3.jpg

And this is Bobby:
http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b1...oys/bobby4.jpg

Someone emailed me and said she was a stray. She crawled into their
baby's bedroom window one night. They immediately took her to the vet
and scanned for a microchip. Nothing. The couple didn't want to keep
her so they didn't get any shots or tests for her.

All this happened about a month ago and fliers were posted, vet and
shelters contacted, etc. No one has come forward.

The vet said she is about 5, missing a couple teeth, has some bad
matting, has been spayed and is DECLAWED on all 4 feet!

She is friendly, loves kids and people. Likes to be petted.

She gets car sick and I have an hour drive to get her. Bobby will be
so surprised! They look like twins!

I'm so happy for you and Bobby. She is lovely.

And I'm so happy for her, finding a home that knows how to take care of her
lovely self.

Jo

Old March 8th 08, 02:49 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
yepp

"yepp" wrote in message
[...]

I know! All I can think of is this poor girl climbed into a window of
a 6-mo. old baby's room. Who knows how long she was outside. She
climbed in and the parents immediately took her to the vets for a
microchip check.

This cat loves the baby they have. She walks up to the baby and lays
down right beside her on the floor and lets the baby grab and pull at
her all she wants.

Maybe, the owners of this cat had a newborn and declawed her to
protect the newborn from infections and cuts? That is all I can come
up with. I don't think I can imagine any reason for declawing a cat
on all 4 paws.
Old March 8th 08, 04:44 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
tanadashoes

"yepp" wrote in message
On Mar 7, 9:44 pm, "Granby" wrote:
It is all wonderful but the declawing and then allowed to get
out."jofirey" wrote in message

I know! All I can think of is this poor girl climbed into a window of
a 6-mo. old baby's room. Who knows how long she was outside. She
climbed in and the parents immediately took her to the vets for a
microchip check.

This cat loves the baby they have. She walks up to the baby and lays
down right beside her on the floor and lets the baby grab and pull at
her all she wants.

Maybe, the owners of this cat had a newborn and declawed her to
protect the newborn from infections and cuts? That is all I can come
up with. I don't think I can imagine any reason for declawing a cat
on all 4 paws.

I can't think of a good reason to declaw a cat at all. Nope, I don't want
to start up that old saw again. Neither side is going to convince the other
and it is just a waste of breath.

Congrats on your new owner. We're sending over purrs and good thoughts for
her and Bobby to get along together and become bestest friends. They are
both very beautiful and will be a lot of work, though it will be worth it.
Has she a name yet?

Pam S. for the whole Fayetteville Mafia

Old March 8th 08, 04:46 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
yepp

On Mar 7, 11:44 pm, "tanadashoes" wrote:
"yepp" wrote in message

On Mar 7, 9:44 pm, "Granby" wrote:
[...]

I'm thinking of Lacy, Bonnie, Sassy, Cocopuff