One shot at a time

Old March 11th 08, 02:24 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
jofirey

Default One shot at a time

Jake was due for his FLV and Rabies shots last week, so we bundled him up
and headed off to the vets appointment.

When we got there, the vet tech explained that they no longer want to give
two shots like that at the same time. So he got the FLV and we went back
this morning for the rabies shot.

I told her that was fine with me, I'd forgotten the new recommendation. And
it didn't cost more than if I'd got them both at once. As it is Kayla has a
bald spot on her flank from last years shots. (Pre-boarding kennel cough
shot and something else that was due)

In the future ours will get one shot at a time, and I'll watch to see that
it is rubbed in properly.

At the moment Jake is sacked out in the recliner feeling quite sorry for
himself. Wrapped in a bath towel and hauled off to the vet twice in a week,
really. Is this the best he can expect from his slaves?

Jo

Old March 11th 08, 03:49 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Stormmee

mine only get FRVC except for OEJ who gets a reactor shot as they make her
sick, Chester got got the leukemia one at the shelter but no more of that,
as long as I can keep them indoors the fewer shots the better... now if we
ever build an outdoor enclosure that might change. good the cost was the
same, Lee

Old March 11th 08, 04:35 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Marina

jofirey wrote:
At the moment Jake is sacked out in the recliner feeling quite sorry for
himself. Wrapped in a bath towel and hauled off to the vet twice in a week,
really. Is this the best he can expect from his slaves?

Oh, poor, poor widdle Jakey. :P Purrs and scritches to the poor little
sufferer.

Old March 11th 08, 09:54 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
jofirey

"Marina" wrote in message
jofirey wrote:
At the moment Jake is sacked out in the recliner feeling quite sorry for
himself. Wrapped in a bath towel and hauled off to the vet twice in a
week, really. Is this the best he can expect from his slaves?

Oh, poor, poor widdle Jakey. :P Purrs and scritches to the poor little
sufferer.

Poor widdle Jakey I guess was feeling worse than I thought. As he let me
know at 2am when he woke me up and then hurked on both my pillows.

Still, all in all very considerate of him. I was able to get out of the way
and it all got on the pillow cases. He settled right down.

I stripped off the pillow cases, taking care to keep the mess wrapped up and
went back to sleep with naked pillows.

He really gets extra points. I'm a sound sleeper and stone deaf on top of
it. Not that easy to wake me up.

But he's supposed to be Charlie's cat and if he'd just faced the other
way....

Jo

Old March 12th 08, 04:04 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Marina

jofirey wrote:
But he's supposed to be Charlie's cat and if he'd just faced the other
way....

But would Charlie have woken up, stripped the pillow cases, and thanked
Jake for waking him?

Purrs that Jake feels better now.