"This is a silly question"

Old December 21st 10, 09:10 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
[email protected]

Default "This is a silly question"

Winnie wrote:

A former colleague of mine kept his cats' pictures in his wallet.
When he was called at home at night because of problems at work,
he complained that his cats got woken up.
Another colleague kept a framed photo of her cats by her computer.
She didn't have kids then. Don't know whether she still kept her
cat photo by her computer after her baby was born.

Several years ago I worked in a group that happened to have a
disproportionately high percentage of animal lovers. These were
people who spent their vacations going to see wildlife in Alaska
or New Zealand - a refreshing change from work environments
where "work hard, play hard" was the motto and people went mountain
biking or rock-climbing on their vacations. Not that I have anything
against physically fit people challenging themselves, I can just
relate a little better to someone who'd rather hang out with penguins.

There were lots of cat slaves on this team. In fact, whenever we had
a staff meeting, as we sat in the conference room waiting for everyone
to show up, people would start telling cat stories. The manager would
sit there with a "tolerant" expression on his face - not wanting to
interrupt the camaraderie among the people in his team, but I think
maybe not quite understanding the passion with which we discussed
this topic. As a matter of fact, he had a cat himself, although I
think it was more a family cat primarily for the kids. Nonetheless,
he gamely contributed a cat story.

Several people had cat pictures on their desk or bulletin board, so
I put mine up, too.

Joyce

--
Basically, I feel like the food industry is making us fat so the diet
industry can make us thin. -- Janet
Old December 22nd 10, 11:47 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Adrian[_2_]

Lesley wrote:
On Dec 21, 12:27 pm, Adrian wrote:
Sounds like a perfectly sensible question to me. :-)

Indeed it is- what are you getting Baggy and Shadow?

Lesley

Slave of the Fabulous Furballs

Special noms. :-)

--
Adrian (Owned by Bagheera & Shadow)
Cats leave pawprints on your heart
Old December 22nd 10, 05:31 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
~*LiveLoveLaugh*~[_2_]

"Lesley" wrote in message

At least that's what one of my doctors said- the silly question was
"What are you getting your cats for Christmas?"

The difference between a cat person and a non-cat person is I didn't
think it was silly at all (DaNip for Dunzi, a couple of toys for Sarsi
and some ham being the answer) but he did

Lesley

Slave of the Fabulous Furballs

------

I've asked Santa for a gift card to Pet Smart. I want to buy my clowder a
new cat tree. Nothing huge, but it must have thistle rope on it b/c they
love it. I don't want to spend more than $100 and I also don't want it
tall. I'll have to see what I can find. So the kitties will get their
present a little late... but it'll be worth it!!

Laurie

*~*LiveLoveLaugh*~*

All that I am or hope to be, I owe to my angel mother.
~Abraham Lincoln