Cat slave or what??

Old August 20th 06, 08:37 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Christina Websell

Default Cat slave or what??

Last night I was out to a BBQ a few doors away. I changed from my
chicken-cleaning clothes in my bedroom and forgot to shut the door.

When I came home after 4 glasses of wine I was ready for bed. Until I
noticed that Kitty FC had discovered the open door and was absolutely fast
asleep in the middle of my duvet.
What to do? Try and crawl in? No, she was right in the middle. Wake her
up and carry her downstairs? Unthinkable.
I spent the night in the spare bedroom..and that bed is quite comfortable I
discovered.

Tweed

Old August 20th 06, 08:54 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Monique Y. Mudama

On 2006-08-20, Christina Websell penned:
Last night I was out to a BBQ a few doors away. I changed from my
chicken-cleaning clothes in my bedroom and forgot to shut the door.

When I came home after 4 glasses of wine I was ready for bed. Until
I noticed that Kitty FC had discovered the open door and was
absolutely fast asleep in the middle of my duvet. What to do? Try
and crawl in? No, she was right in the middle. Wake her up and
carry her downstairs? Unthinkable. I spent the night in the spare
bedroom..and that bed is quite comfortable I discovered.

I have to say, you're a better cat slave than I!

(That, or four glasses of wine made the idea of approaching KFC quite
daunting.)

--
monique, who spoils Oscar unmercifully

Old August 20th 06, 09:03 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Adrian A

Christina Websell wrote:
Last night I was out to a BBQ a few doors away. I changed from my
chicken-cleaning clothes in my bedroom and forgot to shut the door.

When I came home after 4 glasses of wine I was ready for bed. Until I
noticed that Kitty FC had discovered the open door and was absolutely
fast asleep in the middle of my duvet.
What to do? Try and crawl in? No, she was right in the middle.
Wake her up and carry her downstairs? Unthinkable.
I spent the night in the spare bedroom..and that bed is quite
comfortable I discovered.

Tweed

LOL I remember you saying, the cats will never be allowed upstairs. They're
gradually training you. ;-)
--
Adrian (Owned by Snoopy and Bagheera)
Cats leave pawprints on your heart.

Old August 20th 06, 09:09 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
[email protected]

Christina Websell wrote:

Last night I was out to a BBQ a few doors away. I changed from my
chicken-cleaning clothes in my bedroom and forgot to shut the door.

When I came home after 4 glasses of wine I was ready for bed. Until I
noticed that Kitty FC had discovered the open door and was absolutely fast
asleep in the middle of my duvet.
What to do? Try and crawl in? No, she was right in the middle. Wake her
up and carry her downstairs? Unthinkable.
I spent the night in the spare bedroom..and that bed is quite comfortable I
discovered.

Awwww... You deserve a commendation for your gallant treatment of the
grande dame.

Joyce
Old August 20th 06, 10:09 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Jo Firey

"Adrian A" wrote in message
Christina Websell wrote:
Last night I was out to a BBQ a few doors away. I changed from my
chicken-cleaning clothes in my bedroom and forgot to shut the door.

When I came home after 4 glasses of wine I was ready for bed. Until I
noticed that Kitty FC had discovered the open door and was absolutely
fast asleep in the middle of my duvet.
What to do? Try and crawl in? No, she was right in the middle.
Wake her up and carry her downstairs? Unthinkable.
I spent the night in the spare bedroom..and that bed is quite
comfortable I discovered.

Tweed

LOL I remember you saying, the cats will never be allowed upstairs.
They're
gradually training you. ;-)
--

My eyes are a little blurry today and at first I read your reply as the
gaining on you. That would be appropriate too.

Wonder just what is going on in KFC's little head after all this time?

Jo

Old August 20th 06, 10:31 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
mlbriggs

On Sun, 20 Aug 2006 20:37:32 +0100, Christina Websell wrote:

Last night I was out to a BBQ a few doors away. I changed from my
chicken-cleaning clothes in my bedroom and forgot to shut the door.

When I came home after 4 glasses of wine I was ready for bed. Until I
noticed that Kitty FC had discovered the open door and was absolutely fast
asleep in the middle of my duvet.
What to do? Try and crawl in? No, she was right in the middle. Wake her
up and carry her downstairs? Unthinkable.
I spent the night in the spare bedroom..and that bed is quite comfortable I
discovered.

Tweed

You were not there so she chose the next best thing, MLB
Old August 20th 06, 10:38 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Christina Websell

Adrian A wrote:
Christina Websell wrote:
Last night I was out to a BBQ a few doors away. I changed from my
chicken-cleaning clothes in my bedroom and forgot to shut the door.

When I came home after 4 glasses of wine I was ready for bed. Until
I noticed that Kitty FC had discovered the open door and was
absolutely fast asleep in the middle of my duvet.
What to do? Try and crawl in? No, she was right in the middle.
Wake her up and carry her downstairs? Unthinkable.
I spent the night in the spare bedroom..and that bed is quite
comfortable I discovered.

Tweed

LOL I remember you saying, the cats will never be allowed upstairs.
They're gradually training you. ;-)

They are now allowed upstairs but only in the spare bedroom. It was my own
fault I forgot to shut the door to my own bedroom tightly enough. If it had
been young Boyfriend on my bed I would woken him and encouraged him to go
elsewhere.
I will not wake a 20yo cat out of a deep sleep just to sleep in my own bed
when there is another bed I can sleep on in the next room.
It doesn't normally happen. I keep my bedroom firmly closed usually. No
cats allowed. This was a hiccup.

Tweed

Old August 20th 06, 10:46 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Christina Websell

mlbriggs wrote:
On Sun, 20 Aug 2006 20:37:32 +0100, Christina Websell wrote:

Last night I was out to a BBQ a few doors away. I changed from my
chicken-cleaning clothes in my bedroom and forgot to shut the door.

When I came home after 4 glasses of wine I was ready for bed. Until
I noticed that Kitty FC had discovered the open door and was
absolutely fast asleep in the middle of my duvet.
What to do? Try and crawl in? No, she was right in the middle.
Wake her up and carry her downstairs? Unthinkable.
I spent the night in the spare bedroom..and that bed is quite
comfortable I discovered.

Tweed

You were not there so she chose the next best thing, MLB

Wow, that's an interesting thought. I rarely go out at night because I
cannot see in the dark now, so the cats are used to me being at home all
night mostly.

Tweed

Old August 20th 06, 11:23 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
John F. Eldredge

On Sun, 20 Aug 2006 22:38:02 +0100, "Christina Websell"
wrote:

Adrian A wrote:
Christina Websell wrote:
[...]

It sounds like it is probably time to post "Rules for Stray Cats"
again.

Stray Cat Rules

STRICT, UNBENDING RULES FOR DEALING WITH STRAY CATS

1. Stray cats will not be fed.

2. Stray cats will not be fed anything except dry cat food.

3. Stray cats will not be fed anything except dry cat food moistened
with a little milk.

4. Stray cats will not be fed anything except dry cat food moistened
with warm milk, yummy treats and leftover fish scraps.

5. Stray cats will not be encouraged to make this house their
permanent residence.

6. Stray cats will not be petted, played with or picked up and cuddled
unnecessarily.

7. Stray cats that are petted, played with, picked up and cuddled will
absolutely not be given a name.

8. Stray cats with or without a name will not be allowed inside the
house at any time.

9. Stray cats will not be allowed inside the house except at certain
times.

10. Stray cats will not be allowed inside the house except on days
ending in "y".

11. Stray cats allowed inside will not be permitted to jump up on or
sharpen their claws on the furniture.

12. Stray cats will not be permitted to jump up on, or sharpen claws
on the really good furniture.

13. Stray cats will be permitted on all furniture but must sharpen
claws on new $114.99 sisal-rope cat-scratching post with three
perches.

14. Stray cats will answer the call of nature outdoors in the sand.

15. Stray cats will answer the call of nature in the three-piece,
high- impact plastic tray filled with Fresh'n'Sweet kitty litter.

16. Stray cats will answer the call of nature in the hooded litter pan
with a three-panel privacy screen and plenty of head room.

7. Stray cats will sleep outside.

18. Stray cats will sleep in the garage.

19. Stray cats will sleep in the house.

20. Stray cats will sleep in a cardboard box lined with an old
blanket.

21. Stray cats will sleep in the special Kitty-Komfort-Bed with non-
allergenic lamb's wool pillow.

22. Stray cats will not be allowed to sleep in our bed.

23. Stray cats will not be allowed to sleep in our bed, except at the
foot.

24. Stray cats will not be allowed to sleep in our bed under the
covers.

25. Stray cats will not be allowed to sleep in our bed under the
covers except at the foot.

26. Stray cats will not play on the desk.

27. Stray cats will not play on the desk near the computer.

28. Stray cats are forbidden to walk on the computer keyboard on the
desk when the human is asdfjjhhkl;ljfd.;oier'puyykmm4hbdm9l
o9jmdskdm,.USING IT.

--
John F. Eldredge --
PGP key available from
Old August 20th 06, 11:48 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Christina Websell

wrote:

Adrian A wrote:
Christina Websell wrote:
[...]

Oh yes, I know all that, John. It would be a hard person that scooped up a
20yo cat in a deep sleep to put themselves right in that place when there
was a nice bed in the next room that they could sleep in instead. Wasn't
too bad actually. The bed is very comfy, I might migrate to it.

Tweed

Mere slave Jo Firey Cat anecdotes 20 May 18th 05 05:10 PM
I am such a slave Karen Chuplis Cat anecdotes 24 November 14th 04 08:27 PM
Signs I'm a slave JoJo Cat anecdotes 66 July 16th 04 03:30 AM
What was the stupidest purchase you've made as a cat slave? Margaret Fine Cat anecdotes 39 April 8th 04 07:38 PM
Human relents to being proper cat slave. Mischief Cat anecdotes 6 March 24th 04 12:19 AM