Serious pet food recall

Old March 31st 07, 02:31 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
Marvel

Default Serious pet food recall

Has anybody heard about dry food being contaminated?
I heard a snippet on the news about a plastics and also maybe dry food.
Marvel

Old March 31st 07, 02:36 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
CDC

Hills has pulled some of their dry food as a purely precautionary measure as
they apparently used the same wheat gluten supplier for a period of time.

The "plastic" is that one of the labs found melamine in some of the
contaminated food - apparently it is used in fertilizers in some places from
what I've learned today.

- Cindy

--
CDC

If you're going through hell, keep going
- Winston Churchill

Old March 31st 07, 02:56 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
Marvel

Thanks...I hope they don't sit on it again...
I am using Friskies cat cans and Purina one dry cat and Eukanuba dry,
Pedigree marrowbone for the d*g

Old March 31st 07, 01:43 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
Cory

On Mar 30, 7:36 pm, "CDC" usenetATcafechatnoirDOTnet wrote:
Hills has pulled some of their dry food as a purely precautionary measure as
they apparently used the same wheat gluten supplier for a period of time.

There's gotta be more to it than this. If it were that simple and
that true, Hills would have pulled its dry food when the story broke
that the wheat gluten was the source of the contamination in the wet
food, since they claim to have used the same wheat gluten supplier.
IOW, why didn't Hills pull its dry food that allegedly used the same
wheat gluten supplier at the same time that Menu Foods recalled its
wet food??

Something isn't adding up here, IMHO. I'm expecting more brands of
dry food to be pulled in the coming weeks, and for one or more
companies to announce that something toxic was found in dry food
ingredients, as well. Please understand that this is just my own
opinion and that I don't have any inside information about the latest
wrinkle. IOW, I know as much as everyone else about this new
development.

The "plastic" is that one of the labs found melamine in some of the
contaminated food - apparently it is used in fertilizers in some places from
what I've learned today.

- Cindy

I think that it was said that melamine is still used as a fertilizer
in Asia.

--- Cory