"Vucket" "Wish List"

Old February 14th 08, 02:11 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Granby

Default "Vucket" "Wish List"

I got to thinking about the "Bucket List" or as she called it, "Wish List".

Well, on my "Bucket List" is first to find someone to do all the things I
want to do with. Someone who can see me as a person who happens to be
Blind, not a Blind person (I have some useable vision but not a lot). This
person has to be a kind person who will not yell if you accidentally
spill something or break something by knocking it off.

I would like to travel, not sure about the flying part but, if I had a
hand to hold could manage that.

Come to think of it, if I found the first thing on my list, none of the
other would be important. Whatever happened would have to be wonderful.

Fact is, I do have a list which I just tore up because without out the
first part, none of the rest would be worth doing.

This isn't a sad thing, just suddenly a true thing.

Old February 14th 08, 03:09 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Stormmee

*friend sighs a huuggee sigh of relief*

just means you are ready to date again, and you can always write the list
again, hopefully not by yourself, Lee

Old February 14th 08, 04:11 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Granby

It is really strange how in answering a post something can occur to you that
changes the way you look at a thing. I am going to put my BUCKET away for
awhile and just enjoy what is now.

Old February 14th 08, 04:21 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Stormmee

careful or you will have Trudi's whiskers twitching*

in another group my cat Trudi is the community matchmaker, Lee

Old February 14th 08, 06:55 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
MatSav

"Granby" wrote in message
I got to thinking about the "Bucket List" or as she called it,
"Wish List".

Well, on my "Bucket List" is first to find someone to do all
the things I
want to do with. Someone who can see me as a person who
happens to be
Blind, not a Blind person (I have some useable vision but not a
lot). This
person has to be a kind person who will not yell if you
accidentally
spill something or break something by knocking it off.

I would like to travel, not sure about the flying part but, if
I had a
hand to hold could manage that.

There was a TV programme here in the UK which challenged people's
normal view of "elderly" sight impaired people, and anti-social
youths.

Basically, a sight-impaired blind woman was sent on a trip around
Italy with a youth who had "problems", and was descending into a
life of crime. He was amazing, having been given responsibility,
and learned how to respect others; she learned that she could do
lots of things without assistance, and had an incredible increase
in her self-confidence.

Come to think of it, if I found the first thing on my list,
none of the
other would be important. Whatever happened would have to be
wonderful.

Fact is, I do have a list which I just tore up because without
out the
first part, none of the rest would be worth doing.

This isn't a sad thing, just suddenly a true thing.

I think that's known as having an epiphany. Good luck in finding
a partner.

--
MatSav

Old February 14th 08, 05:33 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Granby

Thank you, but, even if that doesn't happen, I suddenly know that there are
wonderful things out there for everyone. On the day, valentines day I wish
all of you who have a spouse(pain that they can sometimes be), significant
other, or partner a wonderful day and here is a poem I love.

"They say there's a tree in the forest,

A tree that will give you a sign;
Come along with me to the Sweetheart Tree,
Come and carve your name next to mine.
They say if you kiss the right sweetheart,
The one you've been waiting for,
Big blossoms of white will burst into sight
And your love will be true evermore."

'The Sweetheart Tree,' Words & Music by Johnny Mercer & Henry Mancini;
recorded by Henry Mancini, 1965. From the movie 'The Great Race

"MatSav" matthew | dot | savage | at | dsl | dot | pipex | dot | com wrote
in message ...

Old February 14th 08, 06:05 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Granby

Oooohhh nnnoooo, My mother in law had a stroke and lived with us for 16
years. She and my husband were both in wheeel chairs. Her "Wish List" was
that she wanted to fly to California "one more time" So, be younger and
foolisher,I agreed to do this. We got on the plane and, where we were
sitting, I felt the vibration as the landing gear was put up after take off.
When we landed the vibration of said gear going down, felt like the bottom
was falling out of the plane. Was quite a rumble, at least to me.

When we got to S F, they put us on a flying shoebox to go to Bakersfield. I
never want to fly again while I can hear the pilots talking. I have always
believed they were messing with out heads but not quite sure.

I know there are people trained to help but, I got stranded in Union Station
in Chicago once and that was enough. If I have someone I know with me I am
adventurous but by myself not.
"hopitus" wrote in message
On Feb 13, 7:11 pm, "Granby" wrote:
[...]

I think that "Bucket List" stuff is depressing and fatalist. However,
have a tip for you - having very limited vision would be a blessing
and lead to a relaxing flight if you took a plane ride in the USA,
IMHO. The less you could see the better off you'll be. Also, TSA
employees are trained to assist and enable such passengers,
not to mention airline employees. I have had a seat in a plane
on a long flight crosscountry next to a blind man and his help
dog....it was one of the more pleasant flight memories I have.

Old February 14th 08, 08:24 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
jofirey

"Granby" wrote in message
[...]

I figure my lack of hearing has a good effect of my grandkids. They had to
learn to speak clearly and to look at me when they are talking. Also to dig
up another word if I'm having trouble figuring one out. Usually I can read
their lips even if I'm not wearing the speech processor. I take them to
stores with me as well sometimes. So often there is so much background
noise and it can be so hard for me to understand a stranger. The kids step
in without being self conscious at all.

Now if we could just train Charlie.....

Jo

Old February 15th 08, 12:56 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
[email protected]

This is a great topic. I'm not sure what "Vucket" means, actually it
sounds vaguely profane. I gather that it refers to the list of things
one wants to do before going on to the big cat-rescue center in the sky.
(Hey, I don't know about you, but that's where *I'm* going.)

Some things on my list (from the top of my head):

- Lots o' travels. I have done very little travelling, actually, so I
have a lot of places to see. Top of the list is Southern Spain. Why?
I don't know exactly. It just sounds beautiful. All that Moorish
architecture and culture, Mediterranean climate, and the fact that if
I were there for any length of time, I'd pick up the language. But there
are other places, too: Morocco, Tunisia, Turkey, Israel, Greece,
and Bulgaria. Plus, the UK and Ireland, Denmark and Sweden. Lately
I've been thinking that Vietnam would be a lovely place to visit.

- Also in the travelling vein, but more touristy: I really want that
lie-in-the-sun-in-a-tropical-paradise-for-a-week vacation. You know,
the one where you drink alcoholic concoctions from a coconut shell?
And swim in turquoise, bath-temperature water? Stay in a lovely hotel
with a shower the size of my kitchen? I've actually had a couple of
those vacations, but they were marred by bad company: one was with my
dad when I was 24. He was a real jerk the entire week and totally
ruined it for me. The other was with a company I worked for about 12
years ago. They took us to Hawaii for a *weekend*. (Don't ask.) I hated
that job and couldn't stand anyone who worked there. I wanna go to a
paradise with someone I like!! Doesn't have to be a romantic partner,
someone I don't hate will suffice.

- Live in some kind of intentional community. Co-housing, maybe? I'm a
little too old and too private for a commune. But I really love the
idea of being near people who know me. My life often feels so scattered,
with friends all over the place. I'm not close enough to my family of
origin to want to live with/near them, and I never spawned my own family.
I don't have a partner, so, it's just me and my cats. Gets a little
lonely sometimes. I'd really like a stable community to belong to.

- Have some great musical group record and perform songs I've written. I
sing myself, but I'm not really a professional quality performer. So I'd
be just as happy if a more polished group did the honors. One that had
similar musical values to my own, that is - I really don't want a heavy
metal version of my stuff.

- Take a bunch of art classes. I want to learn how to do mosaic, especially
with colored glass pieces.

- The older I get, the more I feel like I'm meant to do some kind of work
with animals. I don't know what, though - other than what I do already,
but I mean paying work. I don't have any ideas at the moment.

Joyce
Old February 15th 08, 01:25 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Joy

Default "bucket" "Wish List"

wrote in message

This is a great topic. I'm not sure what "Vucket" means, actually it
sounds vaguely profane. I gather that it refers to the list of things
one wants to do before going on to the big cat-rescue center in the sky.

(Hey, I don't know about you, but that's where *I'm* going.)

Actually, it's just a typo. The movie that inspsired the topic is called
"Bucket List", in which two men with cancer make a list of the things they
want to do "before we kick the bucket".

I agree about your destination, though, although I'd broaden it. I love all
animals.