PROBLEM WITH NEIGHBOR

Old October 12th 04, 04:26 PM
Mary

"Andrew Brown" wrote in message
m...
Thanks for the replies. I can see its no simple thing to find a solution,

but I hadnt emphasised enough that this was a cat always used to being
outdoors./ In fact, for years , winter and summer she was deposited outside
in the mornings by my neighbor at about 6 am.
Now, NO FREEDOM. I should point out that in the UK almost all cats

spend a great deal of time outdoors, some die on the roads, but I think for
most cats, outdoor access is desirable bearing in mind the advantages for
qaulity of life. I know the animal well enough to predict that enforced
detention will be stressful. The owner told me he shouts at her when she
whinges to go out, thats one way to create a neurotic animal. Here there
are gardens and trees and front lawns and plenty of other cats wandering
around. For what its worth, I think cats should have some freedom unless
their outdoor environment is dangerous and especially if they will be alone
without human or animal company. I have seen a lot of selfish animal
ownership, including neglect and cruelty, all too often people like the
novelty but not the responsibility.

You clearly are attached to this cat--it seems to me that you might be the
one suffering most of all. I wonder if you couldn't persuade your neighbor
that you could keep an eye on her if he would let her out? You could just
bring it up in conversation, like, "I haven't seen kitty lately, is she
okay?"

Old October 12th 04, 04:49 PM
Andrew Brown

AND I forgot to specify, this was a case of flea allergy according to
the vets . She was covered in red bumps, and I mean covered...not
just a few isolated ones.
Old October 12th 04, 04:49 PM
Andrew Brown

Old October 12th 04, 09:31 PM
Sherry

Thanks for the replies. I can see its no simple thing to find a
solution, but I hadnt emphasised enough that this was a cat always
used to being outdoors./ In fact, for years , winter and summer she
was deposited outside in the mornings by my neighbor at about 6 am.
Now, NO FREEDOM.

I'm so sorry. It's clear that you care about this cat very much. It's a bit
different here in the US, but probably not that different in that, the things
that you & I consider to be "abuse" or "neglect" sometimes the law doesn't see
that way. And so there's not much you can do legally. It's sad for the cat.

Sherry