Cutest Cat Name?

Old January 30th 09, 01:45 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
LauraM[_2_]

Default Cutest Cat Name?

I was just wondering what you all thought was the cutest cat name
you've ever heard. My girlfriend had a cat for 20 years named Moses.
I always thought that was the cutest name I'd ever heard (besides my
Hobbes of course).

How about you??
Old January 30th 09, 03:46 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
sudee

On Jan 29, 5:45*pm, LauraM wrote:
I was just wondering what you all thought was the cutest cat name
you've ever heard. *My girlfriend had a cat for 20 years named Moses.
I always thought that was the cutest name I'd ever heard (besides my
Hobbes of course).

How about you??

Well, my sister had a cat with large eyes named Peepers. She now has
one with one ear named Van Gogh and named the sister Monet. I know a
guy with a Picasso. I got a cat from my sister who works for our
accountant. It was a stray that showed up during tax season, so of
course her name was Taxes. She was pregnant and had two babies. One we
named IRA and one was a tabby that we named TAB-A, as in sign on TabA
or Tab-A-cat. She ended up being called "boo" as she tended to be a
bit high strung. We now have two siblings, named blueberry and
cobbler. We got them from a gal who used to pick blueberries from our
bushes. DH said all he wanted in return was a blueberry cobbler, which
she never made for him. So when we got the cats that was to be their
names. The siamese is blueberry or as we call him Blue. and the calico
is Cobbler or Cobbie. I also had a cat years (and I do mean years) ago
named Logenberry for that good old cheap wine I drank. Called her
loggie. She lived for 17 years so it got a tad embarrassing. We had an
orange tabby we named Mr. Mason (called Mason) after a teacher I got
him from in high school.

We also had a stray we gave to my sister that was a tinny little thing
we called knee high to a grasshopper so she was always called "nee".

Our only grandchildren so far are named Hanalei and Napali from the
trip the kids took on their honeymoon two sweet little girl tabbies.
However, we lost Hana this past week. We just have Pali now.

I love to hear about names for kitties and the stories behind them.
Taxes was so sweet. Whenever her kittens got in trouble DH would say
to her, you need to teach them manners. She acted like she understood.
Whenever our son was home sick I would say, you have to take care of
Cody today and she would go lie in bed with him. She adored him and
was really his kitty. She hated it when he went off to college.

I love the name Hobbes. Any story behind the name?

Sue - Firefighter mom! Crazy about cats even though I'm allergic to
them!

Old January 30th 09, 04:05 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
LauraM[_2_]

On Jan 29, 7:46*pm, sudee wrote:
On Jan 29, 5:45*pm, LauraM wrote:

[...]

I used to like the comic strip, Calvin & Hobbes. When I got him, he
had a sister, so I couldn't name her Calvin. But I still really liked
Hobbes, so Hobbes it was! Hobbes is an orange Maine Coon. I've often
thought Neelix would've been a good name....that's a character from
Star Trek: Voyager. Neelix had those orange cat colors.

The first cat I ever had was named Pandora because she was always
getting into things. You know, Pandora's Box? Then I had Tabitha,
then Keoki, then Emma & Hobbes.
Old January 30th 09, 05:40 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
sudee

On Jan 29, 8:05*pm, LauraM wrote:
On Jan 29, 7:46*pm, sudee wrote:

On Jan 29, 5:45*pm, LauraM wrote:

[...]

Cute. I love Emma! Definitely love the Pandora, how appropriate!

Sue - Firefighter's mom!
Old January 30th 09, 12:32 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
dgk

On Thu, 29 Jan 2009 17:45:20 -0800 (PST), LauraM
wrote:

I was just wondering what you all thought was the cutest cat name
you've ever heard. My girlfriend had a cat for 20 years named Moses.
I always thought that was the cutest name I'd ever heard (besides my
Hobbes of course).

How about you??

I always liked Espy. He's salt and pepper color, so S&P became Espy.
Every year he gets an ESPY award (if you're not a sports fan, those
are sort of the Oscar for sports).
Old January 30th 09, 01:00 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
cybercat

"LauraM" wrote in message
I was just wondering what you all thought was the cutest cat name
you've ever heard. My girlfriend had a cat for 20 years named Moses.
I always thought that was the cutest name I'd ever heard (besides my
Hobbes of course).

How about you??

Richard, with Bob a close second.

Old January 30th 09, 01:30 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
cshenk

"LauraM" wrote

I was just wondering what you all thought was the cutest cat name

Lets see:

Bobby, adopted pre-weened but I didnt know that, hit by a car. Turned out
to be 1/2 bobcat, 1/2 tabby (not all that uncommon for that part of Texas).
Vet had a belly laugh when he found out I didnt know as I'd named him Bobby.
Lived to be 18? Found him a new home when he was 3 on a farm and got cards
every Xmas.

Vamp (Vamp-kitty): feral, had these incisors that hung *way* down. Almost
looked like a housecat version of a sabertooth tiger. Wandered off one day
and never knew his age. Outdoor fellow. Bobby would stand back and let him
eat from his bowl.

Acid Kitty: Cat acted like he was on acid. I mean he'd be sound asleep
then wake and attack the stove. Roomates cat.

Perky: Used to run to the kitchen when the coffee maker was turned on.
Also a roomates kitty.

Mr Roscoe Fuji (Roscoe), himalayan. (purebreed but free to a good home,
genetic issues but a reputable breeder who didnt want to put him to sleep
but let him live as long as he could in a happy home. Looked like a
miniature show breed level, estimated 5 year lifespan, lived to be 14).

Face, (just had one of those faces!), 'American black longhair'. Also
perfect specimin of the 'American Black Beauty' the pedigree folks were
trying to kick off. Got lots of offers but no, she was a pet not to be
subjected to that. Lived to be 13.

Thom, not a spectacular name. Just a grey tabby. Really cool dude. Had a
waiting list within 6 hours of posting his history and a pic at the local
no-kill place. This is the big one that sat on Roscoe.

Babe, also called Elsie. The other declawed cat. Looked like a big
shouldered baseball player and with markings just like a jersey cow. Didnt
integrate into a 4 cat home even when 1 of them (Thom) was raised with her.
Wanted to be an only cat so found a home for her with an elderly couple who
didnt want a kitten (afraid the cat would outlive them) and she was just the
right age. Lapkitty extremo when only cat in the house.

Daisy: didnt name her, adopted her and didnt want to confuse her more with
a name change. Solid white with leaf green eyes. Slightly feral still.
'Only cat' traits. Was abused and will not tolerate any person under age 18
except my daughter. If I were to rename her, I think it would be Cactus
Kitty.

THem's the highlights. I've left a few out but they were all outdoor ferals
or roomates cats.

Old January 30th 09, 02:51 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Richard Evans

A friend had a particularly mischievous kitten that she named PITA,
which was an acronym for Pain In The Ass.
Old January 30th 09, 02:59 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Poe

LauraM wrote:
I was just wondering what you all thought was the cutest cat name
you've ever heard. My girlfriend had a cat for 20 years named Moses.
I always thought that was the cutest name I'd ever heard (besides my
Hobbes of course).

How about you??

I had a cat called Moonshine because I found him as a kitten, all white,
glowing in the moonlight.

I also have a Monk, Peanut and Casanova (all named to fit their
personality, or in Peanut's case, his size). Oh darn, they're all cute
names to me!
Old January 30th 09, 03:37 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Curmudgeon

In article
,
LauraM wrote:

I was just wondering what you all thought was the cutest cat name
you've ever heard. My girlfriend had a cat for 20 years named Moses.
I always thought that was the cutest name I'd ever heard (besides my
Hobbes of course).

How about you??

Well, of course we're going to be partial to the names we've chosen
ourselves! For example, my current Maine Coon is named "Woof" and I
think it's cute. I've had cats named Purrmudgeon, Scamper, Diablo,
Odibee, Vidmar, Karma, Cooper, Figaro, and a Japanese bobtail simply
called Bob (among many, many others), but my favorite pet names *ever*
were a brace of Vietnamese pot-bellied pigs named Link and Patty.

--

Cheers!

Mudge

"And if California slides into the ocean like the mystics and
statistics say it will, I predict this hotel will be standing
until I pay my bill."