We had to say goodbye to Boo

Old March 23rd 09, 03:06 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
cybercat

Default We had to say goodbye to Boo

It was a tumor that had grown into her jaw bone, and the bone was necrotic.
Again, I am amazed at the way cats can hide pain. She scampered and
frolicked and was her usual self even for part of yesterday. The vet said
that these types of tumors are almost always fatal, and that our only option
would be to take her to the vet school here in Raleigh and have them remove
part of her jaw.

It was very hard to take her and not come home with her. We knew that if we
brought her home it would be for US, not the best thing for her. She could
have lingered and suffered for weeks, maybe months. It was not fast but it
was peaceful.

For those of you who think giving an animal this last precious gift when
they are suffering costs so much you would rather let them linger, it cost
$30. If we thought we could give her anything but a lot more suffering, we
would have spent everything we have to fix this thing. We felt we owed her
more, we felt that our pain at losing her sooner, horrible as it is, was
better than causing her, allowing her to suffer more. We feel that what we
are going through now is a small price to pay for all those years of fun and
laughter and love.

Thanks to all of you for your kind support and prayers. She was the coolest,
most ferociously loving little cat. There is a huge hole in our home and in
our hearts.

Old March 23rd 09, 03:12 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
[email protected]

My condolences. She is free from pain now and someday you will see her
again. . .

Rene
Old March 23rd 09, 03:37 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
barb

She was so lucky to have you.

Barb

Old March 23rd 09, 05:00 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
jmc

Suddenly, without warning, cybercat exclaimed (3/23/2009 10:06 AM):
It was a tumor that had grown into her jaw bone, and the bone was necrotic.

It was very hard to take her and not come home with her. We knew that if we
brought her home it would be for US, not the best thing for her. She could
have lingered and suffered for weeks, maybe months. It was not fast but it
was peaceful.

Oh, cybercat, I'm so sorry. You did the right thing, as hard as it is.

jmc
Old March 23rd 09, 05:30 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
cshenk

"cybercat" wrote

It was very hard to take her and not come home with her. We knew that if
we brought her home it would be for US, not the best thing for her. She
could have lingered and suffered for weeks, maybe months. It was not fast
but it was peaceful.

So sorry to hear that Cyber, but you know you've made the best choice for
Boo.

Old March 23rd 09, 06:34 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
MLB

Matthew wrote:
Nancy I am so sorry

"cybercat" wrote in message
[...]

There is no time that we could set for parting.
We who remain are never ready for such rain.
Even our prayer would be: "Not yet!
Not yet, dear God -- another day with us let our beloved stay."
We must believe, when falls the blow
That wisely, God has willed it so.

"Rise up slowly, Angel". It's hard to let you go. MLB
Old March 23rd 09, 08:49 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
LauraM[_2_]

On Mar 23, 7:06*am, "cybercat" wrote:
[...]

Oh my gosh, I'm so sorry to hear that Boo's diagnosis was such a
serious one. You did the right thing by letting Boo go to heaven
where she will wait for you to join her. I wish we humans could treat
each other as we are able to treat our pets at the end of our lives.

My best wishes for you and your family.
Old March 23rd 09, 08:59 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
MLB

MLB wrote:
Matthew wrote:
Nancy I am so sorry

"cybercat" wrote in message
[...]

We who remain are never ready for such pain.
Even our prayer would be: "Not yet!
Not yet, dear God -- another day with us let our beloved stay."
We must believe, when falls the blow
That wisely, God has willed it so.

"Rise up slowly, Angel". It's hard to let you go. MLB

Misspelled word. Last word on second line
shold be pain (not rain).
Old March 23rd 09, 09:11 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Poe

cybercat wrote:
[...]

It's the hardest part of having a 4-legged family member, but it sounds
like you did the right thing. My thoughts are with you, I know how hard
it is what you're going through now. Hang in there.