Strange behaviour

Old July 31st 03, 03:30 PM
Priss

Default Strange behaviour

Hi,

My cat has a very strange behaviour, he loves to paw on me when I am
sleeping under the blanket! He keeps pawing all over my body from
head to toe! I had to cover my head with my blanket since he paws
with his claws out just like how they normally do it on a blanket. I
try to move my body to the side of the bed without moving the position
of the blanket but he keeps following me! No matter where I sleep, he
does the same thing. Any ideas?

Priss
Old July 31st 03, 03:49 PM
Cathy Friedmann

"Priss" wrote in message
om...
Hi,

My cat has a very strange behaviour, he loves to paw on me when I am
sleeping under the blanket! He keeps pawing all over my body from
head to toe! I had to cover my head with my blanket since he paws
with his claws out just like how they normally do it on a blanket.

Maybe you mean he's kneading you, then? (Movements w/ his paws like people
make w/ their hands when kneading bread). This isn't strange; it's quite
normal, for a cat. Free massage, but the claws can hurt; if you keep his
claws clipped, at least they won't be needle-sharp.

Cathy

("The Boy in the Bubble") Paul Simon

Old July 31st 03, 04:59 PM
Karen Chuplis

My little girl does this too sometimes. It's usually a sign that she has a
hairball coming or does not feel good. She wants me to comfort her.

Karen

Old August 5th 03, 07:20 PM
Pamela

My cat exhibits the same behavior. Someone told me it's what they do while
nursing, but my cat's older now and he still does it. If you have any
answers, please share. Otherwise, my cat's just a weirdo.

Pam

Old August 7th 03, 02:02 PM
Alex Longfield

surely this would be kneading, i.e. what a kitten does when nursing to
stimulate milk? all the cat's i've ever had has done this, it's an attention
thing and my cats seem in a state of stupor when they really get into it!
they even dribble...bless em! they start doing it as kittens and it's a
continual thing.