Homeless Kitty KENOSHA - RACINE WI area

Old December 30th 04, 04:13 PM
Megan Colby

Default Homeless Kitty KENOSHA - RACINE WI area

If anyone would like or know someone that would like a cat, I believe
it's a male kitty about a year old PLEASE let me know. I took him to
Kindred Kitties yesterday and they said that they are really low on
space for cats. The lady at Kindred Kitties took him down to Chicago
today to get fixed and given rabies and distemper shot. He is very
friendly but may be a little scared at first and need some time to
adjust to a new environment. I'll bring If you have any questions or
are interested please let me know as soon as you can.
You can email me at for any other information.

Old January 1st 05, 02:49 AM
Cat Protector

How about fostering the little guy? Did you try any other no-kill shelters?

--
Cat Galaxy: All Cats! All The Time!
www.catgalaxymedia.com

www.panthertekit.com
oups.com...

Old January 1st 05, 07:35 PM
moogen

Well I live in an apartment so that is a no go as I already have 2 cats
and 2 bunnies to tend to. The landlord would not be pleased at all.
The lady at Kindred Kitties wanted me to rerelease him after he got
fixed, but I just could not bring myself to do it. He seemed so happy
in the car on the way over to Kindred Kitties. I think he was happy
that he was finally warm. He slept part of the way and then was
purring while I was petting him the rest. He really doesnt act like a
kitty that was born outside... so I think someone may have dropped him
off. She called Thursday night for us to come and pick him up. I knew
that she would not have the heart to release him on her own if I left
him there, so I never returned her call. I'm sure shes pretty upset at
this point, but I just couldnt send him on his way back outside into
the cold. If anyone in the Kenosha, WI area would like to adopt/foster
him, please call Kindred Kitties.
http://kindredkitties.org/contact_kindred_kitties.htm

Old January 3rd 05, 12:26 PM
Wendy

"moogen" wrote in message
oups.com...
[...]

You probably think you were doing a good deed and helped this cat but what
do you think kindred kitties is supposed to do with him if they don't have
room? It sounds like this organization operates out of foster homes not a
shelter. People can only foster so many cats and then they are full - end of
story. They may not have cage space or time or financial resources to care
for this guy but you essentially just dumped him on them. Fostering cats
isn't just a matter of having cage space and providing food and water. The
foster parents have to spend time with their fosters every day to keep them
socialized or in many cases re-socialize their cats. It's a lot of work.

I'm sure you were operating under the impulse to do good but you dropped the
ball on this one. If this groups told you ahead of time they were full did
you check to see if another groups could help? Did you ask how long their
waiting list was? Did you even consider fostering this cat until space
opened up?

My point is that these rescue groups are scraping to find room and resources
for the cats they help. Don't figure they have unlimited resources so
dumping one more cat on them won't be a problem. It is.

Old January 6th 05, 09:58 PM
moogen

As I stated in my previous post... I live in an apartment and there is
absolutly no way that I could foster him without the landlord getting
very upset. If I had a house, taking him to the shelter would not have
even been an option I would have considered I would have taken him in
right then and there.

Old January 10th 05, 11:56 PM
moogen

I live in a flat. The landlord lives on the lower level. He will not
allow any more pets. Not even temporary ones.

Old January 11th 05, 02:24 AM
Cat Protector

I would explain the situation. They might be reasonable. Besides you would
also be helping out the no-kill shelters until they can have the cat placed.

--
Cat Galaxy: All Cats! All The Time!
www.catgalaxymedia.com

www.panthertekit.com
ups.com...

My 24 hour kitty O J Cat anecdotes 39 August 20th 04 10:23 AM
A Gift from Mai Kitty David Cat anecdotes 20 May 2nd 04 09:50 PM
Yu noze, I furgotz tu tellz yurownselfz abowt da TROODUR KITTY... Amelia T Cat Cat community 6 February 28th 04 11:13 AM
I've spotted a homeless kitty.... Marty Cat rescue 2 October 9th 03 10:29 PM