Christmas Eve at Culzean Castle

Old December 26th 11, 08:15 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
Sundance[_2_]

Default The Winking Begins

Ooh, a dunjin! Yes, I fingk we better esplor itself -- dere kud be danjerus
greeblingz or sumfing in dere an we wudnt want dem gettin owt an botherin da
kitteez at da wedwink. Juss lemme make shur Toonya will be OK wile we iz
gon -- da sekkaterry haznt postid heer fur a fyoo daze, and Toonya mite need
sumfing first.

Sundance

"Gramby" wrote in message
O T approaches Ranger, Sundance, and Chester. Hey frenz afore we lebez diz
Kastle, we hazta have a venure. I wented down to da ole dungeon las nite
ann up in da center turret. Later when diz iz all settled, we hazta hab a
ventrue anna go xplorink. How bot it u guyz in?

"Community Cats" wrote in message ...

As the pipers fall silent Anuit stands before the couple.

Anuit: Greetings, my friends and family. On this Kissamouse Eve of the
year 2011 we come together to join Trudi of the house of Asher/Grass and
Jack of the house of Gordon as they declare their devotion to each other
and their desire to share their lives with each other. As has been the
way of felinity through all the ages, we all find a need to share time
with others. Some among us are fortunate enough to find one special cat,
one cat who at the same time calms and ignites our own heart. Trudi has
found that in Jack, and Jack in Trudi. The majority of us present have
had "fixed what wasn't broken", so the drive to procreate our species has
eased, but we still crave the comfort and support that is gained from
having one special kitty in our lives.

Trudi has shown a great awareness of this need in the feline heart for
many years, having been the maintainer of the 'scort book. She has also
wisely arranged some wonderfully successful matchups, and it is very
refreshing to see her enjoying the fruit of the very effort she tended so
carefully.

Jack has been a stalwart of the community, being an active participant
for a great many years. He has shown himself to be a reliable, caring,
responsible mancat, and has become a dear friend to many. I can't think
of a mancat more deserving of the kind of union we celebrate tonight.

Together, Jack and Trudi have shown a great compassion for each other. I
believe that all of us here are delighted to see them able to join each
other.

Now, before this entire Community, I ask all assembled: Does any cat
present know of any reason why this mancat and this ladycat should not be
winked?

[The entire room is silent. Harri Roadcat, Ranger, Pipps, and a handful
of other cats meow "Goodness No!"]

No objections were heard, as is proper. Who gives this girlcat to be wed?

[Mathhew Harold and Chester both stand, and meow "We do, with no
reservations"]

Jack Gordon, do you take Trudence to be your winkmate, to spend the rest
of your days with? To love and protect and smurgle and nose-touch, to
keep warm and dry, in health and in infirmity? To clean her ears and face
whenever needed?

[Jack replies with just a hint of trembling in his voice:] I do!

Trudence, do you take Jack to be your winkmate, to spend the rest of your
days with? To love and protect and smurgle and nose-touch, to keep warm
and dry, in health and in infirmity? To clean her ears and face whenever
needed?

[Trudi replies with fair bit of trembling in her voice:] I do!

Jack, do you have vows you wish to recite to Trudence?

Jack: Miz Trudi, i'z not real good at speechmaking, an I'z not as young
an spry as I useded to be, but I diz luf you wif all mine heart. I can't
guarantee how many more years I'z gotsz, but dey's all yours. I am da
most fortuante mancat in da Community, having finded da girlcat of mine
dreams. I'z wil do da bestest I can to make yourownself happy fur as
long as I can.

Anuit: Trudence, do you have vows you wish to recite to Jack?

Trudi: ursef iz an honerable mancat so i will honor ursef by stayin faful
alla dayz of mine life. ursef is kind so i will be az kind to ursf and
urown famblee az i kan. ursef iz generuz so i will endeafor to be generuz
wif mine friendship, lof anna nip. I wated a long, long time to find the
rite mankitty, diz time wif ursef juzt profez bazt knowz whut iz da rite
thing, I iz gwad i wated.

Anuit: My brothers and sisters, Jack and Trudence have pledged their love
and devotion to other before Bast and this community. We, their extended
family, are delighted that they have found each other and that they have
committed themselves to each other. By the power vested in me as High
Priestess of Bast, I know pronounce these two kitties to be winkmates.
Jack, you may now smurgle the bride.

Lady cats and gentlecats, I now present to you Jack and Trudence Gordon!

[Jack gives Trudi a nose-touch and a smooch, and a great big hug. He then
draws his sgian dubh and very careful severs the ends of Trudi's sash and
his own sash, then ties them together.

The pipers have moved from the back of the room to the front, and they
assemble in front of Jack and Trudi. A pair of drummers join them, and
the combined pipe/drum band plays "Scotland The Brave" then precedes Jack
and Trudi down the aisle.

As the bride and groom leave the room the rest of the cats stand and
applaud and meow, then start to file out of the room.]

Old December 26th 11, 08:17 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
Rebecca[_2_]

Yay, concatulashunz to Trudi an Jack!

Rebecca

Old December 26th 11, 09:06 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
cshenk

The Two Sisters wrote in rec.pets.cats.community:

On 26 Dec 2011 02:11:08 GMT, Community Cats wrote:

Lady cats and gentlecats, I now present to you Jack and Trudence
Gordon!

Cybèle: Concatulashuns yoo two!

Oriane: Yes, Indeed! Trudi, yoo wooks wesplendant!

Cybèle: And yoo Jack, wooks so hansum!

Both: Yes, you iz a wubby cupple!

(in the background, a porter unloads and 2 pooches and a dainty cat
step out).

Cash is wearing his tux collar of black silk with a little pink diamond
stick pin holding the cravat 'just right'. He made sure to add his
tail alert of black silk with the little bells too. He looks quite the
country gentleman of the rough sort prettied up for the day.

Daisy-Chan has on a simple pale pink chiffon with no ruffles and a deep
blue tourmaline set of bracelets on arms and feets.

Prancing behind her is Aunti Mabel in a deep blue silk that would make
her look matronly if it were not for the gleam in her eyes. A simple
pattern of tiny pink crystals make her sparkle in elegance.

Waiting their turn in line, they finally get up there.

Cash looks at Trudi's hair but doesn't even need the warning of
Daisy-chan and Aunti Mabel. He grins and holds out a paw, then when
Trudi's dainty one lands there, he laughs and lickifies it. Glancing
quick at Jack, he laughs and moves off with a bow to the new groom.

Daisy-chan comes up and gives a super hug to Trudi, then bashfully a
cheek rub on Jack.

Aunti Mabel comes up and gives Trudi the best version of a nosepoink a
dog can. Then with an evil gleam, lickifies Jack all up the left side
of his face. Stepping back she sees Trudi jump in to fix it and Jack's
eyes close with glee as he leans into his ladies licks. One eye
eventually peels open and he sees the wise lady grinning at him and
winks at her.

Laughing she thinks Trudi may be miffed for a moment but she knows Jack
isn't!

Old December 26th 11, 10:02 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
meOwy

On Dec 25, 6:11*pm, Community Cats wrote:
[...]

Watta wuvwy wondrus wurfy winter winking!
MeOwy
Old December 26th 11, 10:38 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
Pi2nya AKA Sweetee

Yu Betcha!
kum heer an gib me uh hug anna smootsh!
I've bin postin furr boff ov us, but wurryin bowt yu an yur'z.
How-a-bowt yu stay tyll givt given, den spend tyme wiff 'da boiz?
--
Pitô.ônya, releevt tu heer frum hur wink

Old December 26th 11, 10:40 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
Storrmmee

fang ursefz Trudi
"The Two Sisters" wrote in message
On 26 Dec 2011 02:11:08 GMT, Community Cats wrote:

Lady cats and gentlecats, I now present to you Jack and Trudence Gordon!

Cybèle: Concatulashuns yoo two!

Oriane: Yes, Indeed! Trudi, yoo wooks wesplendant!

Cybèle: And yoo Jack, wooks so hansum!

Both: Yes, you iz a wubby cupple!

--
Purrs,

Cybèle & Oriane

"I love cats because I take pleasure in my home; and little by little, the
cats become its visible soul."
Jean Cocteau, 1889-1963

12/26/2011 11:53:04 AM

Old December 26th 11, 10:42 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
Storrmmee

fang ursef, trudi

Old December 26th 11, 10:44 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
Storrmmee

trudi smilez at herown furnds and is so purlezed dey were ableta attind she
wouldnt efur be mad...

Old December 26th 11, 10:48 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
Pi2nya AKA Sweetee

As the bride and groom leave the room the rest of the cats stand and
applaud and meow, then start to file out of the room.]

All da catz joyne da reseevink lyne...

Ower bestest wishez fur yur kontinood happinezz!
aier kisskiss-on-boff cheekz frum Pit2nya, handshakes from Sundance
--
Pitô.ônya..., and Sundance

"Community Cats" wrote in message
[The assembled cats relax on the comfortable cushions spread around
the
suite, enjoying the music of the quartet. Few cats notice when a side
door opens and Anuit, with the help of her assistants, makes her way
the center of the front of the room and takes a seat. At a nod from
Anuit
the quartet finishes the piece they had been playing. The main doors
open
and four pipers enter, taking their places just inside the door. They
being piping "Highland Cathedral", accompanied by the quartet. As they
begin the side door opens again and Jack and Harry Gordon enter,
taking
their place before Anuit.

As the drones signal the start of the March, little Cleo kitten enters
the room carrying a basket filled with sprigs of heather. Sukie
follows
just behind, offering moral support. Cleo broadcasts the heather as
she
walks, doing her best to march sedately. About midway down the aisle
the
temptation of the fragrant sprigs overwhelms her and she has to pounce
on
one of them, rolling over and bunny-kicking it, but she immediately
remembers that she is doing very important job, straightens herself
up,
and resumes her march just before Sukie can arrive to help her. The
assembled guests chuckle softly. As Cleo resumes her march Willow
enters
the room. She marches calmly down the aisle, inhaling the aroma of the
white leather bodice of her gown to help her remain calm. Cleo and
Sukie
take seats on a cushion near the front of the room. As Willow reaches
the
front of the room the pipers switch to "The Wedding March".

All eyes turn to the back of the room to watch as Trudi enters the
room,
on the paws of Matthew Harold and Chester. Both mancats, especially
Chester, appear to be on the verge of happy tears, but both manage to
contain them. Upon reaching the front of the room MH and Chester both
shake paws with Jack, then hand Trudi's paw into Jack's paw.

The pipers finish playing the Wedding March, then the room falls
silent.

Old December 26th 11, 10:51 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
Storrmmee

fang ursef, we willz be happy beclawz we iz togefur, trudi wif jack noddin
"Pi2nya AKA Sweetee" wrote in message
As the bride and groom leave the room the rest of the cats stand and
applaud and meow, then start to file out of the room.]

All da catz joyne da reseevink lyne...

Ower bestest wishez fur yur kontinood happinezz!
aier kisskiss-on-boff cheekz frum Pit2nya, handshakes from Sundance
--
Pitô.ônya..., and Sundance

"Community Cats" wrote in message
[The assembled cats relax on the comfortable cushions spread around the
suite, enjoying the music of the quartet. Few cats notice when a side
door opens and Anuit, with the help of her assistants, makes her way to