Food Question

Old February 7th 04, 03:23 PM
Steve Crane

"Hailey" wrote in message
. net...
WOW!!! I don't have dogs, but am c/ping this info for friends that DO!

That
is amazing! Do they also make cat food with whatever they put in the dog
food ?
Thanks for that info, Steve
Hailey

They do, however it isn't possible to do the same clinical trials in cats.
And, we should never assume cats will respond metabolically in the same
manner as a dog. You can ask dogs to perform tasks as Dr. Milgram did in his
testing. Dogs are willing to go through the various tests and follow along.
Part of the testing involved a dog being able to discriminate between three
objects and knowing which of the three objects was different than the other
two. You just can't get cats to cooperate and be willing participants in the
same type of testing. While it is logical to assume that certain
antioxidants and mitochondrial cofactors would have the same effect on cats,
we cannot prove it in the same way. Thus the IHUT studies I described
elsewhere in this thread. The Grade of Evidence Based Medicine for the
Milgram canine study is Grade 1, the IHUT studies are merely Grade 4 which
is nowhere near as powerful.

Old February 7th 04, 04:14 PM
Steve Crane

"PawsForThought" wrote in message
You're kidding, right? A happier dog? That's a pretty interesting

claim.
Wonder how SD tries to prove it, LOL

Why don't you do some research, Lauren instead of belittling everything

that
Hill's does and you'll probably learn something? In the meantime, when

are
you
going to apologize to me about LYING about me on the issue of declawing?

I see you're still stalking me Fraudster the Liar aka Troll Boy. Sorry, I
don't apologize to trolls and name callers and a liar like you. Your

trolling
is really pathetic. But that's ok, I realize you have no life of your own

and
therefore must attack others and their deceased cats. What a loser you

are.

No of course it would be impossible for Lauren to admit error. Posted to her
snide comments were two of the dozen or so peer reviewed published clinical
studies around cognitive dysfunction. She's not "LOL" now of course because
once again she's been proven to be in error. Nothing particularly unusual in
that sequellae of events. Some people can't apologize for previous lies and
massive errors because that would require a certain level of integrity,
probity, honor and adult behavior which is apparently missing.

Old February 7th 04, 10:06 PM
Steve Crane

Yes, missing from you, Steve. You're just a manipulating salesman for
Hill's
Science Diet. I have yet to see you apologize for your mean spirited

lies
about my deceased cats that you made. As to this new "super food" made by

SD,
I would trust the integrity of Hill's testing why? LOL

Ahh Lauren,
You really do like to step in it don't you? Please show us where I have
EVER commented in a negative manner about your deceased cats. That's utter
BS and you know it! I'm beginning to think you hope you can cover up the
deceitful things you do by seeking sympathy for your two deceased cats from
who knows how long ago. That would be the only reason I can think of that
would cause you outright LIE about me having made any negative comments
about your deceased kitties. Your apology for this wrongful accusation will
be cheerfully accepted.
Further if you had bothered to read the two peer reviewed published
articles you would have noted the studies were done by Dr. Milgram who has
NEVER been an employee of Hill's. To follow your logic then the US
Department of Defense who chose this food for all working dogs in the US
military, the US Secret Service, US Treasury and the FBI who have fed this
food for a couple years now have all lied about its' efficacy.
You might learn to trust the integrity of the system. The peer reviewed
publication process is the best process we have and NOBODY disputes that.
Does it have flaws? Sure, but there is no better system in existence. Then
you might stop and think for just a second or two. If you think for one
second that IAMS, Purina, Hill's, Waltham or any other food manufacturer can
present a study of any kind without being placed under the most minute
scrutiny by the competition you are completely insane. Every study that any
competitor has ever done is reviewed, studied, stuck under a microscope and
poked for any holes that can possibly be exploited by the competition, or
for ways to steal the technology.