Memphis and Phoenix

Old January 10th 06, 12:55 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

Default Memphis and Phoenix

I think the pair of them have the new year zoomies! We bought a sheepskin
rug at a boot sale, thinking they may like to cuddle up on it. After
ingoring it and refusing to even walk on it for a month, Phoenix decided to
be brave and get on it. Then attack it. Then tear it to shreds! He literally
tore inches of it off, holding it in his mouth and bunny kicking it! Memphis
looks on in a puzzled manner. He, however, has been jumping in sinks and on
to kitchen counters today, I was even in the room (and he knows this is not
allowed!).
We also have had to clean the lounge carpet where his royal zoominess
knocked over a full pot of tea, while charging around like a cat posessed!
Now of course, Phoenix is sitting on an office chair, looking all sweet and
innocent,but we know better don't we?
lol
Sandra

Old January 11th 06, 02:01 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

On Tue 10 Jan 2006 07:55:01a, sandra wrote in
rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
):

I think the pair of them have the new year zoomies! We bought a
sheepskin rug at a boot sale, thinking they may like to cuddle
up on it. After ingoring it and refusing to even walk on it for
a month, Phoenix decided to be brave and get on it. Then attack
it. Then tear it to shreds! He literally tore inches of it off,
holding it in his mouth and bunny kicking it! Memphis looks on
in a puzzled manner. He, however, has been jumping in sinks and
on to kitchen counters today, I was even in the room (and he
knows this is not allowed!).
We also have had to clean the lounge carpet where his royal
zoominess knocked over a full pot of tea, while charging around
like a cat posessed! Now of course, Phoenix is sitting on an
office chair, looking all sweet and innocent,but we know better
don't we? lol

Aww, it must be fun watching them! You just reminded me of my
Shadow (RB) when you mentioned the office chair. He used to come
running, jump up on the chair (it was his favorite spot before he
got ill) and he'd land so hard that the chair would spin and spin
with him sitting there holding on for dear life. LOL I think he
did it on purpose because he did it all the time.

--
Cheryl
Old January 11th 06, 02:47 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

On 2006-01-10 06:55:01 -0600, "sandra" said:

[...]

Look out for a weather change!

Old January 11th 06, 03:11 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

On 11 Jan 2006 02:01:31 GMT, Cheryl Sellner
wrote:

Aww, it must be fun watching them! You just reminded me of my
Shadow (RB) when you mentioned the office chair. He used to come
running, jump up on the chair (it was his favorite spot before he
got ill) and he'd land so hard that the chair would spin and spin
with him sitting there holding on for dear life. LOL I think he
did it on purpose because he did it all the time.

That used to be one of Sammy's favorite games, but she hasn't done it
in quite a while. If the chair was close enough to something, she'd
reach over and give a push to keep the chair/merry go round spinning,
otherwise she had to rely on the hoomin to do the spinning.
--
Steve Touchstone,
faithful servant of Sammy, Little Bit and Spot

[remove Junk for email]
Home Page:
Old January 11th 06, 09:48 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

On 2006-01-10 06:55:01 -0600, "sandra" said:

Look out for a weather change!
OOh I hope so! It has been awful here in UK. Wet, foggy, cold uck!

sandra

Old January 11th 06, 11:54 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

Aww, it must be fun watching them! You just reminded me of my
Shadow (RB) when you mentioned the office chair. He used to come
running, jump up on the chair (it was his favorite spot before he
got ill) and he'd land so hard that the chair would spin and spin
with him sitting there holding on for dear life. LOL I think he
did it on purpose because he did it all the time.

Isis (RB) used to like sitting on the office chair while it was spun!
(It's true-people don't believe me but she did!) but it had to be Dave
doing the spinning and it had to be clockwise but she'd sit there going
round and round and purring away until it stopped when she would demand
he spin it again!

Lesley

Slave of the Fabulous Furballs

Old January 11th 06, 03:14 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

"Lesley" wrote:

Isis (RB) used to like sitting on the office chair while it was spun!
(It's true-people don't believe me but she did!) but it had to be Dave
doing the spinning and it had to be clockwise but she'd sit there going
round and round and purring away until it stopped when she would demand
he spin it again!

My sister's ex used to take their black-and-white tuxedo cat and
spin him around on the kitchen linoleum. The kitty would get so
dizzy he couldn't walk straight, but he always wanted more.

Of course, that particular cat was a bit of a dim-bulb. He was
one of those who would hide just his head under a blanket and
assume that you couldn't see him, then get huffy if you made it
plain that you could.

--

Wayne M
(indulged by Will and Heidi)