Aunti Mabel

Old September 19th 12, 12:36 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
cshenk

Default Aunti Mabel

Not sure if the purrs are working or something else. She's very
elderly for a (gasp, dog) but she's eating again.

She's not totally stable on her feet, sometimes plopping down suddenly.
There was a recall on some dog treats, somthing about 360 dogs died.

I fear I may have had some of them as I was trying to avoid canyon
creek. Because we treat size the same and Aunti Mabel is half the
weight of Cash, she may have had that newest recall they can't figure
out but from China.

If she's getting better, bless all the purrs.

I have stopped using all 'treats' I do not make at home and did 2 weeks
ago but the last of them deemed safe were still in a jar. Milos?

Aunti Mabel is tough as nails so if that was it, she's gonna get
better. My hopes are up today. Yesterday, I was not sure she'd be
alive in the morning.

She ate some raw beef (home ground, low bacteria stuff like you'd do if
you were feeding your own family and knew about that) for brekfast then
a bit of kibble and ate a normal dinner level.

Carol

Old September 19th 12, 03:29 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
Sylvia M[_5_]

--
That's good mews!
Purring will continue!

Old September 19th 12, 04:07 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
Anti Kyla =^..^=[_2_]

[...]

That is very good to hear, Carol.
When I saw the' Subject', I thought 'uh oh..oh no", but it was 'better' news
Whew..
I'd save the bag(s) of the offending 'treats' !
You might have a lawsuit on your hands.
Good for you to make your own treats for her.
Our cats don't get cat treats, because a couple of them have 'funny
tummy's', but nothing toxic like what Mabel had.
I'm hoping for the best and you and your entire family are in my good
thoughts and high hopes, purrs and prayers, for Auntie Mabel and you.
I know you'll keep us posted and thanks you for this update.

Kyla

Old September 19th 12, 02:55 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
Amelia T Cat

On Tue, 18 Sep 2012 18:36:32 -0500, cshenk wrote:

Not sure if the purrs are working or something else. She's very elderly
for a (gasp, dog) but she's eating again.

That is excellent news! We continue to send our best purrs and our humans
prayers, and we have fingers and paws crossed.

Amelia
Old September 30th 12, 04:14 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
Bobcat[_3_]

On Sep 18, 4:36*pm, "cshenk" wrote:
[...]

I pray that Aunti Mabel continues to improve. Speaking for myself I
try at all costs to avoid all pet food products that are made in
China. While that does not guarantee products made in the US will be
safe, *usually* the better quality products made in the US *usually*
use better quality ingredients. Stuff made in China usually use the
lowest common denominator, shipped to the US, where it is dumped and
sold at a "new low price", but you can be sure that the company that
had it made in China, the Chinese manufacturer, and everyone along the
line are making out like thieves along the way. It is a shame that
something like this continues to happen to US consumers. I feed
Calypso ProPlan and Milk-bones and some beef jerky for treats, and
Misty gets Fancy Feast.

Again my continue prayers for Aunti Mabel's speedy recovery.

R.H. Ruskin aka "The Bobcat" and yes also from Her Lady (??) Misty who
is peering over my shoulder as I type and Calypso, "The Wonder Dog"
who is also watching me.
Old October 7th 12, 03:49 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
cshenk

Bobcat wrote in rec.pets.cats.community:

On Sep 18, 4:36*pm, "cshenk" wrote:
[...]

Thank you Bobcat!

Aunti Mabel had a full recovery and we are now either making all pet
treats or using only Blue Wilderness treats. Blue Wilderness for those
not familiar with the brand is one of the top 10 rated brands for dogs
(and cats).