Oh, Persia spotted SOMETHING

Old October 1st 05, 12:07 AM
jmcquown

Default Oh, Persia spotted SOMETHING

Last night. The weather has been great here; it was about 65F last night
early when I caught Persia in the open window. She hadn't made a sound up
to that point but I noticed when I got up her tail was the size of another
small cat! What? Persia? Why the puffy tail? I went over to her and she
started huffing. No sound, just loud huffing, like a would-be boxer getting
ready to kick another boxer's butt in the ring! Persia, what? Nothing,
just this huffing puffing and attentiveness on the OUT.

I flicked on the porch light. I've had a raccoon in the last month invading
my trash can but Persia never cared about the raccoon except it was making
noise and I scared it off. This thing, whatever it was, made her tail puff
up 2-3 times and when I went to her she started with the ROWRRRRRLLL!

So, light on outside, I ran outside with my big flashlight. Saw nothing;
not anything running off (like I usually spot the neighbors cats do).
Persia wasn't satisfied with that. After a few minutes she was back in the
window and then pawing at the screen and hissing! She wanted OUT. Uh oh.
If she applied her bulk to this window screen she could knock it out! As
much as I've been enjoying the pleasant weather I shut the window (she
protested). She was still walking around with a puffy tail and I did my
best to calm her down. I went out again and checked and saw nothing.

Poor Persia; she's so territorial. The UPS guy knocked on my door today and
she growled. She is my little watch-cat Her tail didn't puff up but she
didn't hide, either. Persia is my little grey panther

Jill

Old October 1st 05, 07:28 AM
Marina

jmcquown wrote:

Poor Persia; she's so territorial. The UPS guy knocked on my door today and
she growled. She is my little watch-cat Her tail didn't puff up but she
didn't hide, either. Persia is my little grey panther

Aww, what a good guard cat she is. The other day, Caliban came charging
inside from the enclosure with his tail all poofy. I went to see what
had scared him, but Miranda was sitting out there calmly looking around.
If there had been somethins scary, Mir-mir would surely have been more
upset than Cal.

LOL! Just as I was writing this, Miranda came inside from the enclosure,
and Caliban came down from the counter where he'd been eating (I fee
dhim there because Frank won't jump up there, so won't get the kitten
food that's not good for him). The second Cal spotted Mir, he turned
sideways, arched his back with the fur on end, poofed his tail, put his
ears back and started bouncing towards her. She attacked, and then they
ran off outside. There's probably a wrestling match going on there now.

--
Marina, Frank, Miranda and Caliban. In loving memory of Nikki.
marina (dot) kurten (at) iki (dot) fi
Old October 1st 05, 07:46 AM
jmcquown

Marina wrote:
jmcquown wrote:

[...]

LOL! At lease they have each other as an excuse! You know they are
playing; they really like each other and it is so sweet to see! When I see
Persia do the puffy tail and halloween cat thing near the window I have no
idea why she's doing it and it makes me a little bit afraid, too. She
really is a good guard-kitty, although what she could do if someone actually
attempted to come in here... not much of anything.

Jill

Old October 1st 05, 06:31 PM
Adrian

jmcquown wrote:
Marina wrote:
jmcquown wrote:

[...]

I expect there was a monster greebling outside and she was protecting you.
You'd better give her extra scritches to say thank you. ;-)
--
Adrian (Owned by Snoopy and Bagheera)
A House is not a home, without a cat.