Why did you pick a cat over a dog?

Old February 4th 04, 01:41 PM
Double Trouble

"Bob Brenchley." wrote in message
On Sun, 1 Feb 2004 13:46:53 -0700, "Cat Protector"
wrote:

You can walk them with a leash and harness.

What? A Cat? They are not dogs you know so stop suggesting they can be
treated like dogs.

My cousin has a cat that loves her leash!!!!! She will go get it just to go
out for a walk. I think it is the cat's decision on whether or not it wants
to be put on a leash. As we all know, the feline will do as it pleases, no
matter what we think.

DD and Tigger

--
Bob.

Cats-V-Dogs

A dog thinks: Hey, these people I live with feed me, love me, provide
me with a nice warm, dry house, pet me, and take good care of me....
They must be Gods!
A cat thinks: Hey, these people I live with feed me, love me, provide
me with a nice warm, dry house, pet me, and take good care of me.... I
must be a God!

Old February 4th 04, 01:43 PM
Double Trouble

"Bob Brenchley." wrote in message
snip

I take it this is the troll of this particular newsgroup?
New here and like to know these things. So far he has been of no help.

DD and Tigger

Old February 4th 04, 06:40 PM
Chris Street

On Mon, 2 Feb 2004 16:33:07 -0700, Cat Protector wrote:

People don't listen to Bob Brenchley. Walking a cat on a leash and harness
is ok.

If you tried it with my cat you probably would lose a finger. Mind you he
chewed through the last lead I had for him anyway.

Old February 4th 04, 06:42 PM
Chris Street

On Tue, 03 Feb 2004 04:42:26 -0500, equalizer wrote:

On Sun, 1 Feb 2004 04:26:51 +0100, "Hans Schrøder"
wrote:

SNIP

Dogs are stupid, and so are cats, so why bother? Because cats are stupid in
a much more "intelligent" way than dogs. This has to do with the cat's
built-in independence. Cats are emotional and caring creatures, and they
don't try to be that to please me, as a dog will, but because they mean it.

Hans

I'll try and remember how stupid cats are the next time my 12 pound
tiger wakes 180 pound me up at 4 AM and skillfully herds me to the
cabinet where the food is stored, yet again. Or did you mean that
**I'm** stupider than a mini-tiger?

eq

LOL. Mine has progressed meyond herding me - he just jumps up and down on
my bladder until I get up and feed the varmint.

I tried not feeding him once and making him wait - I woke up later on to
find a half eaten mallard on the carpet.

Old February 4th 04, 08:31 PM
M.C. Mullen

| Yes! If you are meant to have any animal, they pick you! My Tigger is my
| soul mate. He was a stray, just walked in my house one day like he owned
| the place, and he has been with me ever sinse. We are connected to our
pets
| in ways we will never fully understand. They choose us for reasons we
will
| never know. If it is meant to be, and you are meant to be together, your
| pet finds you!
|
| DD and Tigger

I think the reason why humans like pets is that they are upright and honest,
not false.
Vice versa they choose us for the same reasons.
Now how about people who do not like pets or suffer from phobia?
Maybe they have a problem with true honesty? Just a thought ...

But then I have to admit that I don't like snakes. What sort of character do
they have? Does anybody know?

Carola

Old February 4th 04, 08:31 PM
M.C. Mullen

Old February 4th 04, 11:38 PM
val189

first cat chose me - a stray who followed us home - until then , I was
a 'dog' person, but fell in love with the feline type too -

current cat I adopted bec. I knew his previous 'owner' and felt bad
that he was headed for the shelter....

much easier to have a cat -- dogs are great too, but not if you live
alone. btdt.