Women and cats

Old March 12th 04, 06:42 PM
ys

"Paul Gold" wrote in message
om...
"ys" wrote in message .
Sorry. Our Torah says NO to mutilations.

Circumsicion seems like a notable exceptiion to the rule.

Circumcision is a covenant of the flesh between God and Abraham and all
Jewish males descending from him, revealing of what ~is~ which has been
covered.

Just FYI, you create more mutilation, destruction and death insinuating that
this blessed ocassion is *mutilation* than all the circumcisions EVER done
since the beginning of time.

Put that in your pipe and smoke it, merry sunshine.

YS

---

Old March 12th 04, 07:35 PM
Cat Protector

YS, I have to wonder why you are pushing your views to people in an obvious
cat newsgroup? Jews are not supposed to be pushing their religion on other
people. Spaying/neutering cats is a needed and necessary thing. I am all for
it and no matter what you say will not prevent me from doing the responsible
thing. I'd definately quit this nonsense already.

Cat Galaxy: All Cats, All The Time!
www.catgalaxymedia.com

Old March 12th 04, 07:41 PM
Paul Stamler

cindys wrote in message

"Cat Protector" wrote in message

I do not judge others myself. BTW, I myself am Jewish and when I adopted

my
cat Isis it was a requirement to have her spayed. I was all for it. I am
still for spaying/neutering. I do not see it as mutilation.

The torah is not open to individual interpretation, and the fact remains
that for a Jew to spay or neuter is a torah transgression. The mitzvos do
not apply to non-Jews, and therefore the torah would not find it

problematic
for a non-Jew to spay or neuter.

In other words, the equvalent of a "Shabbos goy"? (For those not familiar
with the term, a "Shabbos goy" was a Gentile employed by observant Jews to
mind the store or run the factory on the sabbath, when Jews are not
permitted to work.)

Peace,
Paul

Old March 12th 04, 07:43 PM
Paul Stamler

ys wrote in message
link.net...

Circumsicion seems like a notable exceptiion to the rule.

Circumcision is a covenant of the flesh between God and Abraham and all
Jewish males descending from him, revealing of what ~is~ which has been
covered.

Just FYI, you create more mutilation, destruction and death insinuating

that
this blessed ocassion is *mutilation* than all the circumcisions EVER done
since the beginning of time.

Put that in your pipe and smoke it, merry sunshine.

Really? Who died?

Peace,
Paul

Old March 12th 04, 08:49 PM
cindys

"Cat Protector" wrote in message
I think the torah is very much open to individual interpretation.

You're entitled to your opinion, but traditional Jews don't see it that way.

Last time
I checked we're all apart of humanity. I don't believe in limits. Why

should
I be bound by the rules of the torah?

You're entitled to your opinion, but traditional Jews don't see it this way.
Best regards,
---Cindy S.

This is 2004. Not the days of Moses.