RPCA THREAD

Old September 11th 05, 05:28 PM
Karen Chuplis

Default RPCA THREAD

Just thought I'd make a subject title that was easy to see to create a
spot (at least for now) to put new posts, despite the subject while we
weather the "storm" so to speak.

Old September 11th 05, 05:36 PM
Jeanette

Karen Chuplis wrote in message
Just thought I'd make a subject title that was easy to see to create a
spot (at least for now) to put new posts, despite the subject while we
weather the "storm" so to speak.

Good idea hon. I'm having a happy day because homing of older cats has
finally picked up after all the kittens have been homed. Phew.

Love

Jeanette

Old September 11th 05, 05:36 PM
wafflycat

"Karen Chuplis" wrote in message
Just thought I'd make a subject title that was easy to see to create a
spot (at least for now) to put new posts, despite the subject while we
weather the "storm" so to speak.

Aye - easy to spot. Anyhow, my three are out in the garden, despite the fact
it's dull, overcast, cool and drizzling out there. Queen Of All She Surveys
is no doubt rustling up a mowsie as we speak ;-)

Cheers, helen s

Old September 11th 05, 05:39 PM
Jeanette

wafflycat waffles*$*A**T*v21net$*££*D*O*T*co*D£$£*O*T*uk wrote in message

"Karen Chuplis" wrote in message
Just thought I'd make a subject title that was easy to see to create a
spot (at least for now) to put new posts, despite the subject while we
weather the "storm" so to speak.

Aye - easy to spot. Anyhow, my three are out in the garden, despite the

fact
it's dull, overcast, cool and drizzling out there. Queen Of All She

Surveys
is no doubt rustling up a mowsie as we speak ;-)

Cheers, helen s

I just had a nice few minutes in the garden distracting Cav from the rustle
of birdies in the hedge. I left him playing football with an apple/

Jeanette

Old September 11th 05, 05:41 PM
Karen Chuplis

Pearl AND Sugar are not feeling well today Sugar had a huge furball
last night and hard poop this a.m. Some pepcid and laxatone should
clear that up, but Pearl had a coughing spate this morning. I guess I
must up her prednisone intake. I've been spacing it pretty far out, but
I guess I'll increase it. I guess better she should feel good now than
worry about side effects, eh. Gotta go grade now! Hope everyone posts
to this thread for now. Whatever one wants to post about, if we keep it
mostly in one spot, it'll be better.

Old September 11th 05, 06:21 PM
Smokie Darling (Annie)

Karen Chuplis wrote:

Pearl AND Sugar are not feeling well today Sugar had a huge furball
last night and hard poop this a.m. Some pepcid and laxatone should
clear that up, but Pearl had a coughing spate this morning. I guess I
must up her prednisone intake. I've been spacing it pretty far out, but
I guess I'll increase it. I guess better she should feel good now than
worry about side effects, eh. Gotta go grade now! Hope everyone posts
to this thread for now. Whatever one wants to post about, if we keep it
mostly in one spot, it'll be better.

I'm sorry to hear the babies aren't feeling well. Out of curiousity,
are you worried that pred affects cats the same way as humans? My
"TED" said it doesn't, I asked after a thread several weeks (possibly a
couple of months, I can't remember) ago.

I know we tried to get Tuppence (RB) to gain a bit of weight, and tried
Pred on her. She ate all the time and never gained a pound (wouldn't
you love to have *that* problem?).

Smokie Darling (Annie)

Old September 11th 05, 06:29 PM
Karen

On 2005-09-11 12:21:11 -0500, "Smokie Darling (Annie)"
said:

Karen Chuplis wrote:

[...]

Yeah, I am worried. The heart group jumped on me for keeping her on
pred. But I really think she needs it. I just try to keep it to the
minimal dosage that works. I wish there was an alternative, but that's
how it goes.

Old September 11th 05, 06:33 PM
Adrian

wafflycat wrote:
"Karen Chuplis" wrote in message
Just thought I'd make a subject title that was easy to see to create
a spot (at least for now) to put new posts, despite the subject
while we weather the "storm" so to speak.

Aye - easy to spot. Anyhow, my three are out in the garden, despite
the fact it's dull, overcast, cool and drizzling out there. Queen Of
All She Surveys is no doubt rustling up a mowsie as we speak ;-)

Cheers, helen s

Trouble is, it was easy to hijack as well. Still I'm sure the troll will
get bored soon and move on somewhere else.
--
Adrian (Owned by Snoopy & Bagheera)
A house is not a home, without a cat.

Old September 11th 05, 06:34 PM
Adrian

Karen Chuplis wrote:
Pearl AND Sugar are not feeling well today Sugar had a huge furball
last night and hard poop this a.m. Some pepcid and laxatone should
clear that up, but Pearl had a coughing spate this morning. I guess I
must up her prednisone intake. I've been spacing it pretty far out,
but I guess I'll increase it. I guess better she should feel good now
than worry about side effects, eh. Gotta go grade now! Hope everyone
posts to this thread for now. Whatever one wants to post about, if we
keep it mostly in one spot, it'll be better.

Purrs for Pearl and Sugar.

Old September 11th 05, 06:46 PM
Jo Firey

"Smokie Darling (Annie)" wrote in message
ups.com...

Karen Chuplis wrote:

[...]

Pred does not affect cats in precisely the same way it does humans. Just
for starters, cats are not going to live long enough to have some of the
problems humans have from long term use.

I usually do not gain weight while I'm taking prednisone. Yes I eat more,
but it also revs my metabolism so I don't gain. Until I quit taking it.
When weaning off the damn stuff, I'm still hungry but my metabolism
nosedives.

We had a cat, Sam who developed allergy problems in one leg every spring.
He would start pulling out the fur every March. One prednisone shot cleared
it up. Every spring for almost 20 years.

Jo

RPCA MIA Julie Cook Cat anecdotes 46 December 22nd 04 06:53 PM
RPCA History Yowie Cat anecdotes 74 September 4th 04 10:32 PM
RPCA to be managed by PETA Marina Cat anecdotes 5 April 2nd 04 01:54 AM
Cats and Embroidery Thread Gizela Cat anecdotes 9 October 24th 03 02:46 AM
Abducted strays? [email protected] Cat rescue 65 October 17th 03 09:15 PM