Baggy needs purrs

Old February 19th 07, 11:22 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Adrian A

Default Baggy needs purrs

Baggy was trying to wee last night and couldn't, this morning he still
hadn't used his box and was very distressed. I took him straight to the vet
where he still is, they're going to give him an anaesthetic and catheterise
him. I've got to ring them this afternoon to see how he is and when I can
collect him.
--
Adrian (Owned by Snoopy and Bagheera)
Cats leave pawprints on your heart.

Old February 19th 07, 11:24 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
wafflycat

"Adrian A" wrote in message
om...
Baggy was trying to wee last night and couldn't, this morning he still
hadn't used his box and was very distressed. I took him straight to the
vet
where he still is, they're going to give him an anaesthetic and
catheterise
him. I've got to ring them this afternoon to see how he is and when I can
collect him.

Hoing it's noting too serious and is easily cured.

helen s

Old February 19th 07, 11:52 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Lesley via CatKB.com

Adrian A wrote:
Baggy was trying to wee last night and couldn't, this morning he still
hadn't used his box and was very distressed. I took him straight to the vet
where he still is, they're going to give him an anaesthetic and catheterise
him. I've got to ring them this afternoon to see how he is and when I can
collect him.

Seems like lots of purrs are needed today! Still Furballs have sufficient
purrs for all!

Poor Baggy- hope he feels better soon

Lesley

Slave of the Fabulous Furballs

Old February 19th 07, 12:03 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Debbie Wilson

Adrian A wrote:

Baggy was trying to wee last night and couldn't, this morning he still
hadn't used his box and was very distressed. I took him straight to the vet
where he still is, they're going to give him an anaesthetic and catheterise
him. I've got to ring them this afternoon to see how he is and when I can
collect him.

Purrs for Baggy - you did the right thing taking him straight to the
vets.

Deb.
--
http://www.scientific-art.com

Old February 19th 07, 12:11 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Victor Martinez

Adrian A wrote:
him. I've got to ring them this afternoon to see how he is and when I can
collect him.

Lots of purrs for whatever it was to be quickly diagnosed and treated
successfully.

--
Victor M. Martinez
Send your spam he

Old February 19th 07, 01:39 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Lucy's Mom

On Mon, 19 Feb 2007 11:22:41 -0000, "Adrian A"
wrote:

Baggy was trying to wee last night and couldn't, this morning he still
hadn't used his box and was very distressed. I took him straight to the vet
where he still is, they're going to give him an anaesthetic and catheterise
him. I've got to ring them this afternoon to see how he is and when I can
collect him.

Lots of "recover quick" purrs for poor Baggy. Let us know how it goes.
-- Eric, Kim and the Chigger Ranch Crew

Old February 19th 07, 01:49 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Jack Campin - bogus address

Baggy was trying to wee last night and couldn't, this morning he still
hadn't used his box and was very distressed. I took him straight to the vet
where he still is, they're going to give him an anaesthetic and catheterise
him. I've got to ring them this afternoon to see how he is and when I can
collect him.

Sounds like feline urinary syndrome - our Ishmael had that. The good
news is that it's almost always treatable. Ishmael had an episode of
cystitis a few weeks later, and needed to be on special food for a long
time, but he was a healthy happy cat who lived to a reasonable age.

It must be one of the most rewarding things for a vet to deal with; the
animal would certainly die without treatment and you really can fix it
properly.

One odd thing that happened to Ishmael you might want to know about;
the anti-struvite/low-magnesium food he was on had a lot of egg in
it. His fur went grey. From reading books on human nutrition, I
knew that one of the few causes of that is biotin deficiency, which
is EXTREMELY hard to get - the usual cause is eating raw egg, which
binds irreversibly to biotin. (Nearly all the books report the same
case, a middle-aged alcoholic whose diet was exclusively red wine
and raw eggs). We got some biotin supplement (not at all easy to
come by) and after a few stiff doses his fur went black again. We
kept him on the Hills low-Mg food for a few years until they changed
the formulation and he'd rather have starved than eat it, so went
back to a normal diet, though we made sure he didn't get tuna - no
more urinary problems.

Old February 19th 07, 02:10 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
SuzQ

Purrs for Baggy on their way across the Atlantic.
Suz&Spicey