OT - talking about Harry Dresden

Old July 12th 07, 02:24 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Irulan

Default OT - talking about Harry Dresden

While I do (did) watch the sci-fi channel series, I also
got started to reading the novels. They are fantastic. I went
through the 9 books that are available to date in about
a week and it sometimes takes me that long to read one book.
The tenth one is due in 2008 and I've already got that one
pre-ordered.

If you like sci-fi, this is certainly one to get into. It's not
literary genius but a very good series to read. Highly
recommended.

Lily's mama

--
Irulan
from the stars we come

Old July 12th 07, 06:57 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Gandalf

On Wed, 11 Jul 2007 21:24:23 -0400, "Irulan" wrote:

While I do (did) watch the sci-fi channel series, I also
got started to reading the novels. They are fantastic. I went
through the 9 books that are available to date in about
a week and it sometimes takes me that long to read one book.
The tenth one is due in 2008 and I've already got that one
pre-ordered.

If you like sci-fi, this is certainly one to get into. It's not
literary genius but a very good series to read. Highly
recommended.

Lily's mama

Who is the author, please?

And the name of the first book?

TIA
Old July 12th 07, 07:43 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Matthew

http://www.sfbc.com/doc/full_site_en...requestid=6783

Old July 12th 07, 12:16 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Jane

On Jul 12, 1:57 am, (Gandalf) wrote:
On Wed, 11 Jul 2007 21:24:23 -0400, "Irulan" wrote:
While I do (did) watch the sci-fi channel series, I also
got started to reading the novels. They are fantastic. I went
through the 9 books that are available to date in about
a week and it sometimes takes me that long to read one book.
The tenth one is due in 2008 and I've already got that one
pre-ordered.

If you like sci-fi, this is certainly one to get into. It's not
literary genius but a very good series to read. Highly
recommended.

Lily's mama

Who is the author, please?

And the name of the first book?

TIA

Jim Butcher is the author, and the first book is called Storm Front.

I agree,they are excellent books. A friend loaned them to me right
before the
show started.

Jane
- owned and operated by Princess Rita

Old July 12th 07, 12:43 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Irulan

Who is the author, please?

And the name of the first book?

The Dresden Files

Author: Jim Butcher
Books a The Storm Front
Fool Moon
Grave Peril
Summer Knight (my all time favorite)
Death Masks
Blood Rites
Dead Beat
Proven Guilty
White Night
Small Favors (not yet published)

Lily & her mama

Old July 13th 07, 01:13 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Karen

On 2007-07-11 20:24:23 -0500, "Irulan" said:

While I do (did) watch the sci-fi channel series, I also
got started to reading the novels. They are fantastic. I went
through the 9 books that are available to date in about
a week and it sometimes takes me that long to read one book.
The tenth one is due in 2008 and I've already got that one
pre-ordered.

If you like sci-fi, this is certainly one to get into. It's not
literary genius but a very good series to read. Highly
recommended.

Lily's mama

I know. I have reread them 3 times since February. I LOVE LOVE LOVE
these books. I personally think the people who are in grief over Harry
Potter being over should read these. There are spooky similarities,
considering Jim wrote at least 3 of these before we even saw HP here in
the states. It's like Harry Potter for grown ups. Funny but compelling
at the same time.