Little miss bossy boots

Old January 8th 05, 12:03 AM
Helen Miles

Default Little miss bossy boots

I'm so happy! My little ex-feral Pandora is a difficult customer.
She has never quite tamed up, is very spooky and jumpy and after 4
years I've only just been able to start gently stroking and tickling
her.

This evening, I was cooking some fresh fish in the microwave, when
she trotted into the kitchen with her tail up, meowed at me (which
she never, ever does) then came over, stood up on her hind legs, put
her front paws up on my legs and meowed at me again. She bullied me
to hurry up with her supper!! She actually felt confident enough to
come into the kitchen and boss me about for the first time ever!!

Sorry, had to share. I'm so happy!

Helen M

Old January 8th 05, 12:05 AM
Mathew Kagis

"Helen Miles" wrote in message
news:614a191ffba07b5704dfab657eddbfb7.76411@mygate .mailgate.org...
I'm so happy! My little ex-feral Pandora is a difficult customer.
She has never quite tamed up, is very spooky and jumpy and after 4
years I've only just been able to start gently stroking and tickling
her.

This evening, I was cooking some fresh fish in the microwave, when
she trotted into the kitchen with her tail up, meowed at me (which
she never, ever does) then came over, stood up on her hind legs, put
her front paws up on my legs and meowed at me again. She bullied me
to hurry up with her supper!! She actually felt confident enough to
come into the kitchen and boss me about for the first time ever!!

Sorry, had to share. I'm so happy!

Helen M

Cool!
--
Mathew
Butler to 2 kittens: Chablis & Muscat

Old January 8th 05, 12:08 AM
Shiral

Congratulations! It sounds as if Pandora is becoming comfortable
enough with you to realize you're on her side. And you cook food that
smells REALLY good, to her. =o) But never underestimate the power of
cupboard love. It can be an ally.

Hopefully, Pandora will continue to make strides throughout this year.
Melissa

Old January 8th 05, 12:09 AM
Jeanette

Helen Miles wrote in message
news:614a191ffba07b5704dfab657eddbfb7.76411@mygate .mailgate.org...
I'm so happy! My little ex-feral Pandora is a difficult customer.
She has never quite tamed up, is very spooky and jumpy and after 4
years I've only just been able to start gently stroking and tickling
her.

This evening, I was cooking some fresh fish in the microwave, when
she trotted into the kitchen with her tail up, meowed at me (which
she never, ever does) then came over, stood up on her hind legs, put
her front paws up on my legs and meowed at me again. She bullied me
to hurry up with her supper!! She actually felt confident enough to
come into the kitchen and boss me about for the first time ever!!

Sorry, had to share. I'm so happy!

Helen M

Hey, what a magic moment! I remember when I met your cats, I was introduced
to Pandora as she hid underneath the bed. What a huge step, I'm really
pleased for you.

Jeanette

Old January 8th 05, 12:27 AM
Tanada

Helen Miles wrote:

This evening, I was cooking some fresh fish in the microwave, when
she trotted into the kitchen with her tail up, meowed at me (which
she never, ever does) then came over, stood up on her hind legs, put
her front paws up on my legs and meowed at me again. She bullied me
to hurry up with her supper!! She actually felt confident enough to
come into the kitchen and boss me about for the first time ever!!

Sorry, had to share. I'm so happy!

AWWWWW, that is so Kewl!!!

Pam S.

Old January 8th 05, 01:45 AM
Irulan

aw, that must have made you so happy. Cgts!
Jazz & his mama

--

Irulan
from the stars we come

Old January 8th 05, 02:21 AM
O J

Helen Miles wrote:

--------snip of feral kitty progress-----------
Sorry, had to share. I'm so happy!

I'm so glad you did share the moment. I'm sure it provided everyone a
lift, just as it did for me.

Regards and Purrs,
O J
Old January 8th 05, 06:03 AM
Singh

What a word of encouragement! Our Odessa is a former feral, we've had
her around 4 months. She's still skittish with Louie and me. Sometimes I
hope she'll know we really love our little foundling. Thanks for this
little bit of hope, to remind me that even if it takes a world of time,
she'll come around. And maybe she'll be "It" in our games of Tag,
instead of her very tired Mama!

Blessed be,
Baha

Helen Miles wrote:

I'm so happy! My little ex-feral Pandora is a difficult customer.
She has never quite tamed up, is very spooky and jumpy and after 4
years I've only just been able to start gently stroking and tickling
her.

This evening, I was cooking some fresh fish in the microwave, when
she trotted into the kitchen with her tail up, meowed at me (which
she never, ever does) then came over, stood up on her hind legs, put
her front paws up on my legs and meowed at me again. She bullied me
to hurry up with her supper!! She actually felt confident enough to
come into the kitchen and boss me about for the first time ever!!

Sorry, had to share. I'm so happy!

Helen M

I miss my group time :( TJ and The Dust Cat anecdotes 10 December 13th 04 09:01 PM
Ding Dong - Miss Kitty, a err gentleman to see you Boogie's Mom Cat community 14 November 5th 03 01:34 AM
My tribute to Miss DD Amelia T. Cat Cat community 5 October 23rd 03 04:06 AM
My Tribute to Spook KS Cat community 38 October 23rd 03 03:00 AM
I Shall Miss Mei Ling AWriteny Cats - misc 6 August 18th 03 10:24 AM