Cats are so independent........

Old August 10th 08, 10:59 PM posted to alt.cats,alt.pets.cats,rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Dennis

Default Cats are so independent........

.....that I wonder at times if he resents the fact that he has to depend upon
me for his nourishment.

Old August 11th 08, 12:04 AM posted to alt.cats,alt.pets.cats,rec.pets.cats.health+behav
dejablues[_4_]

"Dennis" wrote in message
....that I wonder at times if he resents the fact that he has to depend
upon me for his nourishment.

I don't think cats waste their time on petty resentments. They consider us
as supreme well-trained hunters who never fail to return with their
foodstuffs.
And cats aren't as independent as you think. Why else did they domesticate
themselves, and why do many cat owners find themselves sharing their homes
with former strays and dumpster kitties?

Old August 11th 08, 02:12 AM posted to alt.cats,alt.pets.cats,rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Dennis

Well I was just wondering is all. I'm not sure that animals domesticate
themselves; man has tamed animals to coexist with him for a number of
reasons for example for work, for food, for companionship, and a whole host
of other reasons.The fact that people adopt strays although admirable, has
no bearing on this topic. My reference to independence refers to the aloof
nature of the cat. I did see a special on the History Channel I think it was
called, and don't quote me, "Life After People" that in one part noted that
of the domestic animals, the cat would be the first to adapt living in the
wild, whereas other animals would have to re-learn those skills.

Old August 11th 08, 04:13 AM posted to alt.cats,alt.pets.cats,rec.pets.cats.health+behav
studio

On Aug 10, 5:59 pm, "Dennis" wrote:
....that I wonder at times if he resents the fact that he has to depend upon
me for his nourishment.

Not at all...to them, you're part of the pride doing your part.

They may be independent, but they also know when to take
advantage of a good thing.
Old August 11th 08, 06:42 AM posted to alt.cats,alt.pets.cats,rec.pets.cats.health+behav
William E. Graham

"dejablues" wrote in message

"Dennis" wrote in message
....that I wonder at times if he resents the fact that he has to depend
upon me for his nourishment.

I don't think cats waste their time on petty resentments. They consider us
as supreme well-trained hunters who never fail to return with their
foodstuffs.
And cats aren't as independent as you think. Why else did they domesticate
themselves, and why do many cat owners find themselves sharing their homes
with former strays and dumpster kitties?

Cats are independent if necessary, but they are also opportunistic.....Why
hunt if some human will do it for you? - They are certainly not
stupid.......