My cat keeps peeing in the baby cribs! Help!

Old June 7th 05, 07:34 PM
Catmama Catmama is offline
Junior Member

Location: Baltimore, Maryland
Wink My cat keeps peeing in the baby cribs! Help!

My cat has just turned two yrs old, she has never peed anywhere but in the litter box since she was 1 month old. I moved in with my friend 4 months ago and everything has been fine, mind you there are 3 other cats here excluding my kitty. My friend has a home day care and all of a sudden last week she started peeing in the baby cribs (3) and on this little chair the kids sit on. She must do it at night when we are asleep because we always find it in the morning! I clean the litter boxes once a day and they are very clean, so that is not the problem! WHY IS SHE DOING THIS AND WHAT CAN i DO TO MAKE HER STOP!!!! I'm sure she's doing this on purpose for some reason, but I can not figure out why. PLEASE HELP ME!!!!!!

Any help would be apprieciated,
Rachel
Old June 8th 05, 01:37 AM
Cheryl

On Tue 07 Jun 2005 02:34:35p, Catmama wrote in
rec.pets.cats.health+behav
):

My cat has just turned two yrs old, she has never peed anywhere
but in the litter box since she was 1 month old. I moved in with
my friend 4 months ago and everything has been fine, mind you
there are 3 other cats here excluding my kitty. My friend has a
home day care and all of a sudden last week she started peeing
in the baby cribs (3) and on this little chair the kids sit on.
She must do it at night when we are asleep because we always
find it in the morning! I clean the litter boxes once a day and
they are very clean, so that is not the problem! WHY IS SHE
DOING THIS AND WHAT CAN i DO TO MAKE HER STOP!!!! I'm sure she's
doing this on purpose for some reason, but I can not figure out
why. PLEASE HELP ME!!!!!!

Any help would be apprieciated,
Rachel

I agree with Karen. Have a vet check for UTI first. After that, its
a matter of finding out what has upset her. With all of those
changes in 4 months, it could be any of them, or all of them. You
could try a Feliway diffuser or two. Good luck! In the meantime,
can the doors to the rooms with cribs be shut? Does your friend
have their own baby, too?

--
Cheryl

"The clever cat eats cheese and breathes down rat holes with baited
breath."
- W.C. Fields
Old June 8th 05, 03:53 AM
Innovo

**Catmama,

First hunch is she's *&%@# jealous of the kids, other cats, and also, maybe
very ticked off ta-boot. Quarantine her in a / your bedroom, alone, with her
food+ water, and put her litter box at the complete opposite end of her
food. Turn your radio on low volume classical music to help sooth her and
block out any other house noise while your away.

I would also strongly recommend taking her to a vet to be checked out for
any* infection she might have, just to play it safe. Sounds like her life
has been totally uprooted, and many cats don't do well, at all, with such a
drastic change in their home life. Please keep us updated. Good luck.

ML

"Catmama" wrote in message

[...]

The Silly Cat Survey Enfilade Cat anecdotes 50 July 17th 05 06:45 PM
Baby Bea Integration Pat Cat anecdotes 1 May 14th 05 10:28 PM
cat hates baby Karen Chuplis Cat health & behaviour 45 January 6th 05 12:12 AM
Strange peeing behaviors Holly Cat health & behaviour 5 June 29th 04 11:21 PM
Peeing - perhaps not the run-of-the-mill reasons Jeff Traigle Cat health & behaviour 18 August 23rd 03 03:32 PM