Horrid thing happend, I am in shock

Old February 11th 07, 11:13 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
honeybunch

Default Horrid thing happend, I am in shock

My sweet little cat for no reason turned on me and left 3 deep gouges
on my arm and wouldn't back off. For no reason. I was half asleep.

first odd thing was this morning I dicovered what I think was a worm,
pink, as thick as a piece of very thick thread about 1-1/2 inches long
in a smear of clear 1/2 dried up liquid. He could have vomited it up
before breakfast.

I felt a bit under the weather today so I kind of lounged around on
the bed reading and drinking tea. This afternoon he jumped up next to
my feet and cuddled up. Then he suddenly jumped up to look out the
window I got out of bed to see what it was that so had attracted his
attention. That's when he jumped on me with claws and fangs barred
with full puffed up body and loud deep snarls. He wouldnt leave the
room and obviously wanted to kill me. He wouldnt go away. I threw a
blanket over him and shoved him out of the room and shut the door but
when I came out he was waiting to pounce on me again! I knew I had to
put him out of the house and I did even though it wasnt easy at all.
He stayed in the space between the door and the storm door. When I
went outside via the back door, and opened the storm door he went
crazy again.

I am absolutely horrified by this. He has been living in doors with
my since last September. Vet says he is 1-1/2 years old and weighs 10
pounds. Several weeks ago, he was neutered, had a urinalysis, and a
stool culture which showed he had tapeworms and was treated for it.
The urinanalyis showed he had a bladder infection and he took an
antibiotic for it and has stopped ****ing all over the place. He also
got rabies and distemper shots. So he is equiped to return to living
in the rough.

I am dumbfounded on why would he do this to me? and what the heck was
the thing that looked like a worm on the floor in a puddle of clear
liquid? There was never anything in his litter box that resembled
worms. What should I do for these deep scratches on my arm? I
poured peroxide on them and then some iodine.

He did something like this once before when he was surprised by the
noise my rusty old dryer made. He jumped on my leg with his claws
out. But nothing like today and today there was absolutely no
discernable motive for him to turn on me so agressively.

Old February 11th 07, 11:25 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Cheryl

On Sun 11 Feb 2007 06:13:58p, honeybunch wrote in
rec.pets.cats.health+behav news:1171235638.113470.250380
@v33g2000cwv.googlegroups.com:

What should I do for these deep scratches on my arm? I
poured peroxide on them and then some iodine.

He did something like this once before when he was surprised by the
noise my rusty old dryer made. He jumped on my leg with his claws
out. But nothing like today and today there was absolutely no
discernable motive for him to turn on me so agressively.

See your doctor for your wounds. Scratches to you aren't nearly as
bad as bites, but can be depending on your own immune system. Your
cat was probably reacting to something that scared him. It is called
redirected aggression. If it wasn't something external, I'd make an
appointment for a vet visit and bring up this new behavior and
mention anything else going on, no matter how silly.

--
Cheryl

Old February 11th 07, 11:33 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Tara Legale

Bring your cat to the vet tomorrow.

Old February 11th 07, 11:35 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Lynne

on Sun, 11 Feb 2007 23:13:58 GMT, "honeybunch" wrote:

first odd thing was this morning I dicovered what I think was a worm,
pink, as thick as a piece of very thick thread about 1-1/2 inches long
in a smear of clear 1/2 dried up liquid. He could have vomited it up
before breakfast.

Sounds like he has worms.

I felt a bit under the weather today so I kind of lounged around on
the bed reading and drinking tea. This afternoon he jumped up next to
my feet and cuddled up. Then he suddenly jumped up to look out the
window I got out of bed to see what it was that so had attracted his
attention. That's when he jumped on me with claws and fangs barred
with full puffed up body and loud deep snarls. He wouldnt leave the
room and obviously wanted to kill me. He wouldnt go away.

Sounds like he saw something outside that either scared him or ****ed him
off and you were the target of redirected aggression.

--
Lynne
Old February 12th 07, 12:18 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
cybercat

"Tara Legale" wrote in message
Bring your cat to the vet tomorrow.

Are you taking yours in?

Old February 12th 07, 02:02 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Tara Legale

"cybercat" wrote
Are you taking yours in?

Yep, I'm calling them tomorrow. However, I live in a small town with two
vets. I've heard good and bad about each. I wish I still lived in Chicago
so I could go to the Chicago Cat Clinic whom I trusted.

Old February 12th 07, 03:03 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
MaryL

"honeybunch" wrote in message
oups.com...
[...]

As Lynne said, this could be redirected aggression. On one occasion, you
know that he reacted to the noise of your dryer, and *something* outdoors
attracted his attention this time. It could be something as simple as
seeing another cats. Some cats are very territorial, and the result may be
that your cat attacks you instead of the object that created the action.
Here is a site you may want to read:
ttp://www.sniksnak.com/cathealth/aggression3.html. You might also benefit
from using Feliway (preferably the plug-in diffuser) for awhile. It can
have a calming effect on cats. You should also have your cat tested for
parasites. Be sure to describe the worm-like object to your vet.

MaryL

Old February 12th 07, 10:22 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
cybercat

"Tara Legale" wrote in message
"cybercat" wrote
Are you taking yours in?

Yep, I'm calling them tomorrow. However, I live in a small town with two
vets. I've heard good and bad about each. I wish I still lived in
Chicago so I could go to the Chicago Cat Clinic whom I trusted.

Take your cat to the vet. Drive to the next town if you need to. Find out
where others who have pets take theirs.

Invisible fence fouled... hanson Cat health & behaviour 11 April 30th 05 05:51 AM
Thing in a Bag - the saga continues Bridget Cat anecdotes 4 April 14th 05 05:30 PM
Thing in a Bag CatNipped Cat anecdotes 3 April 3rd 05 02:07 AM
Thinking About This Holly Thing CatNipped Cat anecdotes 34 February 22nd 05 01:15 PM
Nothing Like the Real Thing Kreisleriana Cat anecdotes 21 August 22nd 04 09:37 PM