I've seen you before (not OT)

Old August 21st 11, 07:27 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Lesley

Default I've seen you before (not OT)

Okay I've been thinking this for a week or so I guess I'll ask you all
what Bast and the Mothership are playing at.....

some may remember it... November 2006, Dave in hospital and we were
having a contretemps. I wanted to get something to eat and he didn't
so faced with 7 hours staring at the wall I went to the shop to get a
Coke or something- needed a break from him being nasty (he later told
me he was in pain from the physio - why didn't he tell me at the
time?) and staring at the walls- apart from anything else Thames House
was hot all the time! Only to see a kitten trying to climb a wall with
back legs dragging ....also bleeding from the mouth. Kitten managed
to find a safe place i.e. somewhere where no-one could get near from
whence kittens fury was verbally vented- several people could not
believe the amount of feline swearing they were hearing. I said
"Better phone the RSPCA" (I didn't know what to do) and this cool
voice said " She's been hit by a car poor thing, the bleeding from her
mouth is slowing down maybe she just bit her tongue-They'll assume
it's a broken back- put her down in the van she should at least get an
X-ray to be sure"

Turned out he and his wife and friends of theirs had recently come to
London but back in South Africa they'd done feral cat rescue . The
way they took charge was impressive- he and his friend got close
enough to carefully put a towel under her, which was then rolled up
onto what looked like an old fashioned tea tray, he said she flinched
as he rolled her back legs over suggesting she had some feeling
there. They carefully transferred her to one of the women sitting in
the car- the other one was on the phone to their vets explaining if it
meant staff had to wait then they'd pay extra then they sped off

Never did find out what happened- I saw the guy once a way off but to
be honest I was so depressed from starting a new job that wasn't going
well and Dave being indefinately remanded in hospital I didn't want to
ask

But I remember she was a black and white tuexdo with the most
startling orange eyes....

And now she's lost the blue- Bonnie is identical to the kitten from
2006! I almost wonder whether she's a daughter or a grand daughter of
the cat at the hospital

What's that about?

Lesley

Slave of the Fabulous Furballs