My neighbors

Old August 21st 11, 09:58 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
CatNipped[_4_]

Default My neighbors

For the first time in I don't know how long - at least 8 months - I
attempted a walk around my block (sans mechanical aids haHA!). It was
really nice! The temperature was 102F, still as death and not a single
breeze blowing, but it was a tiny bit cloudy and that hid the sun part
of the time, and besides I live in a neighborhood with *LOTS* of
old-growth trees (oaks, maples, elms, and pines of course). So it was
bearable.

As I ambled along I was reacquainted myself with some of my neighbors
and met a few new ones. One, Socks (ok, her stupid owners - no they
were *NOT* slaves - named her Nibbles, but she hated that name), we have
not seen her in quite a long time. She was always out (and we have some
drunken teens who don't confine themselves to their noisy pool-side
parties and drive around crazily knocking down mailboxes and generally
creating havoc), she was always pregnant, and she was not fed properly.
She always came to dine at our outdoor buffet to get some of the good
stuff, so we made sure she ate. One Christmas, inside the basket of
cookies (biscuits for our British friends), we also put two cans of
Fancy Feast, but they looked at them and said, "Oh, she eats the bag of
dry generic food we get at HEB". She was a pretty, long-haired Tuxedo
with four white sock (thus my imagination-challenged DH dubbed her). I
miss her. Sigh.

Note, all of the cats' names were told to me by the cats themselves,
I've never talked to their slaves about them.

I did see Murrrichert, napping under a Subaru in the shade of an oak
tree. He did me the honor of opening one eye and twitching the tip of
his tail in greeting, it was much too hot to put out the energy to come
over to get a skritch or two and I'm not up to kneeling down to his
level and reaching under the truck. He's a short-haired tabby with a
combination of black and white whiskers and he's a friendly little chap.

I also saw Brrridgett who was napping in the grass and pine needles
under at pine tree. She *did* saunter over to allow me to stroke her
head and skritch her neck, we complained to each other about the weather
a while before I went along on my way. She's a long-haired Mix of what
looks to be Himalayan and maybe Siamese, a simply *gorgeous* girl, but
that long, thick coat must be hell in this weather, *shame* on her slaves!

I met Elisssabit, at least I think that's what she said her name was,
she was a bit hissy at first, but finally deigned to come up and sniff
my proffered fingers and even allowed a few touches on the top of her
head before she ran back under her truck. She was a Tortie like Jessie,
but much larger than Jessie is.

I also met Lizzzie, who shouted her name along with a few nasty names at
me when I called "Hello" and wouldn't come away from her doorstep -
thank Bast they had an awning over the door because her slaves weren't
paying any attention to her scratching at the door. She was a
long-haired Tabby who reminded me a little of Sammy(RB) (yeah, Lesley, I
know what you mean about that), except she was *much* smaller than Sammy
- but then what cat wasn't?!

Funny, the two human neighbors I saw averted their eyes after glancing
at me. Goes to show how much nicer cats are than humans, even Lizzzie
acknowledged my presence!

I hope all of you are having a nice, peaceful Sunday!

--
Hugs,

CatNipped

See the RPCA FAQ site, created by "Yowie", maintained by Mark Edwards, at:
http://www.professional-geek.net/rpcablog/

Old August 22nd 11, 08:55 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Bobble[_8_]

CatNipped wrote in
:

You write beautifully!