Should I be worried?

Old January 11th 05, 03:49 AM
Cat Protector

I actually give my cats bottled water every day. Of course that hasn't
stopped one of them from drinking the water from the bathtub after I take a
shower which I find disgusting. The cats have plenty of clear clean water
and it is amazing how they'll want tap as well.

--
Cat Galaxy: All Cats! All The Time!
www.catgalaxymedia.com

www.panthertekit.com

"W. Leong" wrote in message
. ..
That's great news indeed.
My cat Rusty also removed his catheter himself while in the emergency
hospital. The vet told me that on the phone and said he was a bad boy.

Make sure Quincy only eats his prescription food and nothing else.
I added distilled water to Rusty's food to make sure he get enough fluid.
Is Quincy getting dry food or canned food? Rusty's vet switched him from
dry to canned which has lots of water in it after he came home from the
hospital.
I can sympathize with the huge vet bill, especially in this time of the
year.
Been there, done that.

Winnie
"Quincy's Pet" wrote in message
oups.com...
Good News!!!

I took Friday off from work because a large block of ice fell from an
eighteen wheeler and did some MAJOR damage to my 2004 Corolla (
Anyway, I went to the vet to see Quincey while I was waiting for my
insurance company to call me back. After we saw him last Wednesday, he
removed is IV and catheter himself. OUCH! I new he wanted to go home
) He passed fluids all day Thursday and we were able to take him
home Friday morning. We were all so happy! He would not stop
following me around for 3 days. The other cat hissed at him because
she was enjoying the extra attention she was receiving. After Quincy
slapped her yesterday, the hissing has stopped. The vet bill was
horrible, but we'll manage. I'm just so glad he's OK. He's already
back to normal. Slapping the aquarium, ignoring me unless HE wants
attention, etc... He doesn't pass a lot of liquid at a time, but he is
going very frequently. We are watching him like a hawk. He is on a
prescription diet and must have bottled water only. He likes the food
and we keep plenty of bottled water on hand due to 2 firebellied toads
and 2 firebellied newts.

I just wanted everyone to know that he is home and doing great. And
thank you again for your support!

Old January 11th 05, 01:40 PM
Quincy's Pet

That's Ms. C, or Missy. We adopted her sometime last year. For the
most part, she's a great cat. She was really sweet when Quincy became
sick. She would check on him and give him baths. However, after
Quincy was put in the hospital, she received all the attention. Now
that he's back, she hisses at him and sometimes swats at him. This
makes me mad, but I know where she's coming from. Hopefully, she will
be back to her sweet self soon. She's about 7 or 8 and likes to roll
on her back like a horse and run around the house like her tail is on
fire. She also likes to sleep with me and so does Quincy. Some
nights, things get pretty crowded. She also goes around meowing like
we are suppose to know what she's saying. We check her water, her
litter box, and her food situation, but cannot find what she's meowing
about. She's a little skittish as well. If you are not sitting still
somewhere, waiting for her to come to you, it's nearly impossible to
pet her, even when she's meowing. She doesn't usually like to be
picked up, but I was able to pick her up several times last week
without being mortally wounded.

Old January 11th 05, 01:51 PM
Quincy's Pet

He sits around like that all the time. Four or five years ago, we had
a Lazy Boy recliner. He would sit in that recliner, just like the
picture, for hours usually sleeping. The other kitty is Ms. C or
Missy. Check my reply to Priscilla for more info on her.

Quincy really is an attractive cat, but he's really BIG. I know you
can't tell from a picture, but even the vet made a comment about his
size. The pathetic thing is, he has a really short tail. It's not
short like a bobcat, but it's about half the size it should be. This
makes him a bit clumsy )

He's such a character. We adopted him from one of those rescue
organizations that camp out at PetSmart on the weekends. My hubby
said, let's go get a cat. We went to PetSmart late that Saturday and
when walking past Quincy's cage, he stuck out his paw and swatted me on
the head. I love cats with personality and he was so cute! We were at
PetSmart the first thing Sunday morning and waited for Homeward Bound
to get their. There were other people looking at him too. I stayed
right in front of his cage and removed his bio info until the adoption
people arrived. He's been such a wonderful addition. He does not like
it when my 4-year old daughter gets too close. He was the only child
for about 2 years and he is still jealous. However, if Ashton is hurt,
or crying in her room because we made her go to bed, he either sniffs
her or sits outside her bedroom door like he's worried.

Old January 11th 05, 07:04 PM
Mary

[...]

She sounds like a handful!

Old January 11th 05, 07:10 PM
Mary

"Quincy's Pet" wrote in message
oups.com...
He sits around like that all the time. Four or five years ago, we had
a Lazy Boy recliner. He would sit in that recliner, just like the
picture, for hours usually sleeping. The other kitty is Ms. C or
Missy. Check my reply to Priscilla for more info on her.

Quincy really is an attractive cat, but he's really BIG. I know you
can't tell from a picture, but even the vet made a comment about his
size. The pathetic thing is, he has a really short tail. It's not
short like a bobcat, but it's about half the size it should be. This
makes him a bit clumsy )

I wonder if he has "tail envy?" :0)

He's such a character. We adopted him from one of those rescue
organizations that camp out at PetSmart on the weekends. My hubby
said, let's go get a cat. We went to PetSmart late that Saturday and
when walking past Quincy's cage, he stuck out his paw and swatted me on
the head.

Oh, yes, you were chosen!

I love cats with personality and he was so cute! We were at
PetSmart the first thing Sunday morning and waited for Homeward Bound
to get their. There were other people looking at him too. I stayed
right in front of his cage and removed his bio info until the adoption
people arrived. He's been such a wonderful addition. He does not like
it when my 4-year old daughter gets too close. He was the only child
for about 2 years and he is still jealous. However, if Ashton is hurt,
or crying in her room because we made her go to bed, he either sniffs
her or sits outside her bedroom door like he's worried.

4-year-olds can accidentally hurt kitties, too.

Old January 14th 05, 05:28 PM
Quincy's Pet

We had a really bad scare last night. Quincy couldn't urinate again.
The poor thing tried and tried. He still could not this morning. We
took him to the vet and while we were waiting he went all over himself
in his carrier and then when the vet was taking him out of the carrier,
he went all over the counter. I think being at the vet scare it out of
him ) I haven't seen him pee that much at one time since he came
home. The vet said that it may have just been from scarring caused by
the catheters. She talked about the alteration surgery, but said it
didn't need to be done right now. That was a relief. We will probably
have it done after we get our income tax return, or at least set enough
money aside in case we need it in the future. She x-rayed him and
didn't find any stones. She gave us more meds and said to keep an eye
on him. We were so happy. After the vet cleaned us out last week, we
did not have the funds to put him in again. So we dodged a bullet. I
just hope he can keep if flowing until we can save up enough money to
have the surgery done. Maybe after his next batch of meds, he won't
need the surgery.

Old January 14th 05, 05:52 PM
Monique Y. Mudama

On 2005-01-14, Quincy's Pet penned:
[...]

Good luck. Setting some money aside every month is a great idea.

--
monique, roommate of Oscar the (female) grouch
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Old January 14th 05, 06:02 PM
Priscilla H. Ballou

Quincy's Pet wrote:

[...]

For quite a while before his surgery, Sinbad was getting liquid vitamin
C in his food to acidify it. The idea was that since the crystals are
alkaline, acidifying his diet would help prevent them from forming.
That might be an idea for poor Quincy until the funds are there for his
operation.

Priscilla
Old January 14th 05, 08:37 PM
Quincy's Pet

Thank you for the tip. Part of the meds I've been giving him modifies
his Ph levels. Maybe I should get a picture of the vet and put it by
his litter box )

Old January 14th 05, 10:33 PM
Priscilla H. Ballou

Quincy's Pet wrote:

Thank you for the tip. Part of the meds I've been giving him modifies
his Ph levels. Maybe I should get a picture of the vet and put it by
his litter box )

*cackle*

Priscilla