Good luck purrs please!

Old September 3rd 05, 10:46 PM
Exocat

"Helen Miles" wrote
I've just had an email from Swansea University inviting me for
interview
on Monday morning at 11.30am. GULP! It's for a reserve place on the
PGCE
course to become a teacher

Best of Luck purrs from us lot in Cornwall

Not that the last set worked, but of course now there's young Claudius
and his purrs are MIGHTY. And frequent.

Best wishes
G & the FF

Old September 3rd 05, 10:55 PM
Helen Miles

"Exocat" wrote in message

Not that the last set worked, but of course now there's young Claudius
and his purrs are MIGHTY. And frequent.///

Thanks. ) And purrs always work - the last lot just worked in a way
I'm not sure of yet. It could be that the power of purr was such that I
wasn't meant to get that job I went for because I was supposed to have
this opportunity. Strange how it happened. I was in my temp job on
Friday and doing some filing for one of the staff. I mentioned my
problems with Swansea Uni to her, and she told me to ring up there and
then to chase it. She actually handed me the phone reciever and asked me
what the number was. I then got through to a guy who was very helpful
and he told me to email my CV again. I had no access to the internet,
but the office manager had left for the day - had she been in the office
NO WAY would I have had the time or even been allowed to *USE* the PC.
One of the admin staff rigged her computer so I could access the
internet and my yahoo account, so get my CV out to the guy who asked for
it. I got it to him and he forwarded it last night to the appropriate
tutor, who then emailed me this afternoon. I had Monday off anyway as my
BF is coming to Cardiff tomorrow and we have a meeting with the
directors of our start-up business (and i want to play hockey), so I
don't need to make an excuse at my temp job for the day off.

*HOPEFULLY* it's a course of events that will mean a positive outcome.
The co-incidences have certainly been very wierd so far.

Helen M

Old September 3rd 05, 11:17 PM
Susan M

"Helen Miles" wrote in message
news:13e9f6ea57003cf8afbe5af383477da8.76411@mygate .mailgate.org...

Please wish me luck that a)I do OK at interview and b)there's a place
available. /

Go Helen Go! Good luck job purrs coming your way!

Susan M
Otis and Chester

Old September 4th 05, 01:32 AM
Christine Burel

You definitely have lots of purrs and support from here, Helen -- hope all
goes well and will be thinking of you!
Christine
"Helen Miles" wrote in message
news:13e9f6ea57003cf8afbe5af383477da8.76411@mygate .mailgate.org...
For the last 3 months, I have been trying to find a teaching training
course to qualify for being a teacher in secondary science. Over the
last 2 weeks, I have sent my form to 5 different people at Swansea Uni
at various times and nothing got to the tutor concerned. Sigh

After much messing about, on Friday, I again phoned and then emailed
Swansea University and my CV/application was finally passed on to the
right person.

I've just had an email from Swansea University inviting me for interview
on Monday morning at 11.30am. GULP! It's for a reserve place on the PGCE
course to become a teacher, but the point is, the Biology tutor got my
email at 6pm last night, and she opened it this morning. She then
emailed me straight away to ask me for interview on Monday. Things may
just be looking up. They're certainly a step forward from yesterday. )

I've had to ask to have the interview at 12 noon as I have the most
important hockey practise in the years calendar at 8.30 on Monday as my
rec team is playing the Cardiff Devils for charity on Wednesday (these
guys, who ex NHL AHL and ECHL pro's, http://www.thecardiffdevils.com/)
and so I can't miss it as it's a final team practise....

Please wish me luck that a)I do OK at interview and b)there's a place
available. /

Next week looks very scary!! GULP!

Thanks
Helen M

Old September 4th 05, 03:00 AM
Sam Nash

"Helen Miles" wrote in message
news:13e9f6ea57003cf8afbe5af383477da8.76411@mygate .mailgate.org...
Please wish me luck that a)I do OK at interview and b)there's a place
available. /

Purrs on the way, Helen.
Sam, closely supervised by Mistletoe

Old September 4th 05, 05:00 AM
badwilson

Helen Miles wrote:
For the last 3 months, I have been trying to find a teaching

training
course to qualify for being a teacher in secondary science. Over the
last 2 weeks, I have sent my form to 5 different people at Swansea

Uni
at various times and nothing got to the tutor concerned. Sigh

After much messing about, on Friday, I again phoned and then emailed
Swansea University and my CV/application was finally passed on to

the
right person.

I've just had an email from Swansea University inviting me for
interview on Monday morning at 11.30am. GULP! It's for a reserve
place on the PGCE course to become a teacher, but the point is, the
Biology tutor got my email at 6pm last night, and she opened it this
morning. She then emailed me straight away to ask me for interview

on
Monday. Things may just be looking up. They're certainly a step
forward from yesterday. )

I've had to ask to have the interview at 12 noon as I have the most
important hockey practise in the years calendar at 8.30 on Monday as
my rec team is playing the Cardiff Devils for charity on Wednesday
(these guys, who ex NHL AHL and ECHL pro's,
http://www.thecardiffdevils.com/) and so I can't miss it as it's a
final team practise....

Please wish me luck that a)I do OK at interview and b)there's a

place
available. /

Next week looks very scary!! GULP!

Thanks
Helen M

Of course, purrs coming right up! Keep us posted.
--
Britta
"There is no snooze button on a cat who wants breakfast." -- Unknown

Old September 5th 05, 06:52 AM
Takayuki

"Helen Miles" wrote:
Please wish me luck that a)I do OK at interview and b)there's a place
available. /

Next week looks very scary!! GULP!

What a tough course, that they interview people to get in! Good luck
at the interview.