Litter Dust / Crystals / Love Bites

Old January 6th 04, 01:36 AM
Linda E

"Mike Harris" wrote in message
I just wanted to write to thank absolutely everybody who responded. I'm
sorry I didn't respond earlier, but I've been suffering from either a
more severe version of the allergies, a cold, or a combination of both.

I brought home some scoopable litter (specifically the Arm & Hammer
Super Scoop Unscented Clumping Litter) but got extremely scared by this:

http://www.thelighthouseonline.com/m...s/letters.html

Also, Charlie did almost a total freakout when he saw the new litter.
He kept digging in the sand until he hit the bottom.

I'd love to try some of the stuff recommended here -- PreciousCat,
Swheat -- but they don't appear to be carried locally.

I'm thinking that I'm going to lift out the scoopable sand litter, put
back the Fresh Step for now, and then change it to crystals tomorrow.

Any further thoughts'd be appreciated!

Mike,

I too am looking at changing my cats' litter to something less dusty.
(mainly for the sake of one of the cats, who has some stuffy nose problems)
I was reading on the back of a bag of litter the other day about how
gradually you should change the litter. Especially if it is a totally
different texture, the suggestion was putting one inch of the new stuff on
the bottom of the box and 2-3 inches of the old stuff on top. Said not to
mix; leave the mixing to the cats when they scratch.... then gradually put
more new litter and less old litter over the next few times you change the
boxes.

Good luck.

Linda

Old January 6th 04, 07:24 AM
Luvskats00

I have severe breathing problems and was using newspapers (successfully) 'til
my new adopted girl came to us. After several trials and errors, I came across
"Feline Pine"....it's terrific. They are little logs that break into sand when
absorbing the moisture..designed by a veterinarian! In fact, the company will
reimburse you for your first bag. Go to http://www.naturesearth.com/

Old January 6th 04, 12:53 PM
Linda E

"Luvskats00" wrote in message
I have severe breathing problems and was using newspapers (successfully)

'til
my new adopted girl came to us. After several trials and errors, I came

across
"Feline Pine"....it's terrific. They are little logs that break into sand

when
absorbing the moisture..designed by a veterinarian! In fact, the company

will
reimburse you for your first bag. Go to http://www.naturesearth.com/

I was looking at this stuff at Walmart last week..... did it take long for
your cats to get used to it?

Linda