Picked up The Dust (RB)

Old April 26th 04, 07:59 PM
TJ

Default Picked up The Dust (RB)

The Dust's dust that is. The Pet Cemetery of Tucson has made this whole
experience just wonderful for me. It is so nice to be around people who
understand and care. My DH brought Dusty in to be cremated the day after he
went to the bridge and even though his dust was ready to come home on Friday, I
wasn't ready just yet. The woman that owns the place, Darla, was so sweet and
kind. I called and told her I wasn't ready to come back yet and she said,
"That's fine, take your time, Dusty isn't causing any trouble". That made me
laugh.

This is a great place. The energy there is so soothing. My daughter and I are
going back to feed the pot belly pigs. She has 7 pot belly pigs that roam the
property along with one miniature horse. Clara is the office manager. Clara is
a cat. DH said that when he was there filling out the paperwork Clara jumped
up on the table and laid on the forms and wouldn't move. LOL. I went to pick up
"the dust" last Saturday. I brought Kody's (RB) dust too. I decided to get a
proper urn and let the two of them rest together. I picked out a beautiful
cherry wood box and in they went along with a mousie and a dog treat. Darla was
just so nice, she handled everything for me and she told me she was the one who
took care of Dusty from when he came in to when she handed him back to me. That
made me feel safe. I brought his blue tu-tu picture in so she could see how
flabulous he used to be. There happened to be a "pet communicator" on site and
she laughed at his picture and told me he loved me very much, is greatful that I
stayed by his side till the end and that he is still very much with me. I don't
know if I believe in the "psychic" stuff but it sure was nice to hear either
way.

They were preparing for a service for a little 6 year old girls guinea pig.
They had a canopy up over the burial site, chairs, candles and flowers. When I
left one of the pigs was laying half in the hole they had dug. LOL. I told him
that I didn't think it was appropriate to be there. He ignored me.

My daughter is finally talking about Dusty's death. Darla gave me a lovely
printed card with the Rainbow Bridge poem on it and Kelsey has been reading it
over and over. Yesterday she wanted to go up to Petsmart and make tags for
Dusty and Kody for the urn. She typed in, Dusty 1992-2004, One cool cat!.
Kody's said, Our best buddy.
I noticed today that she put the Rainbow Bridge poem next to the urn, some
flowers, and a pounce. I think she is going to be just fine.

I miss that damn cat so much. I do feel he is still with me. I smile more than
I cry when I think of him now. I have had so many people to talk about my
feelings with that it has helped so much. The folks I know that will say, "it
was just a cat" are the ones I don't say anything to. Such a pity that they
have never felt the strong, slave-like bond between themselves and their pets.
And how sad for the pets that their owners think of them as just animals.....

Purrs to all,

TJ (a freed slave and not liking it one single bit)

Old April 26th 04, 08:16 PM
Hopitus2

When I was 18/19 in hometown, Miami, I got it into my head I was going to
move to Tucson. Even bought Tucson paper @ newsstand near where I worked
downtown. Studied maps, classifieds. Then I met someone and that dream died
for good. Your post is the first thing that jerked my memory back to
then....when Tucson and I both were much smaller, LOL.
I am so glad this wonderful place and people were able to give you, at last,
the comfort of your grief you so badly needed, TJ, and your girl, too. Tears
came when I read about what the pet communicator said....I wonder what
Hopitus1 and DurDur and Oliver, etc. would say to me? Maybe someday I'll run
into one of those people myself: maybe they have pet seances.

:

Old April 26th 04, 08:49 PM
Jeanette

TJ wrote in message
The Dust's dust that is. The Pet Cemetery of Tucson has made this

whole
experience just wonderful for me. It is so nice to be around people who
understand and care. My DH brought Dusty in to be cremated the day after

he
went to the bridge and even though his dust was ready to come home on

Friday, I
wasn't ready just yet. The woman that owns the place, Darla, was so sweet

and
kind. I called and told her I wasn't ready to come back yet and she said,
"That's fine, take your time, Dusty isn't causing any trouble". That made

me
laugh.

It's good that you've been treated sympathetically. I will miss your Dusty
stories

Jeanette

Old April 26th 04, 08:59 PM
Margaret Fine

TJ wrote:
[...]

It really sounds like you found a great place to take care of Dusty. It
sounds like they really do care. When my Golden Retriever, Argus, died
We let the vet make the arrangements. Argus really loved our UPS man
who is a great animal person and who would always pay attention to the
dogs and cat. Argus always did want to ride in that big brown truck and
the UPS man always said "Some day, buddy, I'll take you for a ride."
About a week after Argus died the UPS driver showed up with a package I
needed to sign for. It was a box with Argus's ashes. He looked around
for Argus and I had to explain what had happened and what was in the
box. The poor man just bawled when he realized that he had finally
taken Argus for a ride in his truck.

I'm glad you're smiling more now and it sounds like Kelsey is coming to
terms with this in her own way. Kids are amazing that way!

Margaret

--
Margaret Fine

Old April 26th 04, 09:01 PM
Takayuki

"TJ" wrote:

The Dust's dust that is. The Pet Cemetery of Tucson has made this whole
experience just wonderful for me. It is so nice to be around people who
understand and care. My DH brought Dusty in to be cremated the day after he
went to the bridge and even though his dust was ready to come home on Friday, I
wasn't ready just yet. The woman that owns the place, Darla, was so sweet and
kind. I called and told her I wasn't ready to come back yet and she said,
"That's fine, take your time, Dusty isn't causing any trouble". That made me
laugh.

It sounds like a wonderful place! It reminds me of that dream you had
where you got a mummification kit for Dusty, with a Felix the cat
casket and extra wraps in case he gained weight. I'm glad to hear
that your daughter is handling it better. When I was little, I took
the deaths of my pets very hard. As hard as it is for adults, I think
it's harder on children who have not had that experience before.