RFD: rec.pets.cats.breeds

Old September 29th 03, 04:22 PM
Yngver

Cat Protector" wrote:

I have read the statistics both in news print as well as received
information from various rescue groups. Also look at the stats for pet
overpopulation. Millions die in the shelters each year with one of the
sources being because some humans insist on buying purebred cats. Here is
one site that states this.
http://www.rogersrescues.com/pages/overpopulation.htm

I realize reading comprehension isn't your strong suit, but that article refers
to breeding for profit, meaning commercial breeders (such as kitten and puppy
mills). Not that the writer offers any proof of even that statement, but the
article doesn't say what you think it does.

Old September 29th 03, 04:37 PM
Steve G

"Cat Protector" wrote in message news:%96db.2500$La.1911@fed1read02...
(...)
breeder to get one. You may love cats but having one in the shelter killed
just so you can get a purebred is pretty sad.

True, so true. After all, this is the sequence one always goes through
when obtaining a purebred cat:

1. Get purebred cat from breeder.
2. Take cat home.
3. Go to shelter.
4. Obtain rescue cat.
5. Shoot rescue cat.

In this way, obtaining a pedigree cat *necessarily* leads to the death
of a shelter cat. I think we can all agree on this.

Steve.

Old September 29th 03, 04:58 PM
Philip ®

In ,
-L. being of bellicose mind posted:
"Philip ®" wrote in message
link.net...
C/P... you make yourself an EASY target with the Looney
gibberish you regurgitate. One might infer that you need
attention ... any attention even if it's negative. BTW, do you
have any children and are they adopted? If you had children of
your own, do you wonder if some orphanage child died because of
a selfish decision you made? ;-)

You may think it's funny but comparing homeless cats to adopted
children is not only offensive, it's completely ignorant.

-L.

L. .... did you notice the " :-) " ???? Loosen up a bit, pal.
BTW, do you know what the Communist government does with female human
babies? Maybe you are bit ignorant.
--

~~Philip

"Never let school interfere