How is the weather where you are?

Old March 20th 11, 11:28 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Joy

Default How is the weather where you are?

Here in Southern California, we're really having weather this afternoon -
pouring rain and gusting wind! Every so often it sounds as though a freight
train is going by. We get a lot of wind here. In fact, we're told the name
of our valley is from the Chumash for "Windy Valley". However, we seldom
have gusts as fierce as these, especially while it's also pouring rain. For
that matter, most of our rain is fairly gentle, but it's really been coming
down hard most of the day.

--

Joy

Basically everything is subject to change without notice

Old March 21st 11, 12:08 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Pat[_3_]

I think we got to around 85 F. today. Light wind, few clouds. Tomorrow
should be about the same, in fact the forecast is for the whole week
to be mild like this.

Old March 21st 11, 12:17 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
[email protected]

Pat wrote:

I think we got to around 85 F. today. Light wind, few clouds. Tomorrow
should be about the same, in fact the forecast is for the whole week
to be mild like this.

85F? Is that normal for your area in March?

Joyce

--
Mother teach me to walk again
Milk and honey, so intoxicating -- Sarah McLaughlin
Old March 21st 11, 12:20 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
[email protected]

Joy wrote:

Here in Southern California, we're really having weather this afternoon -
pouring rain and gusting wind! Every so often it sounds as though a freight
train is going by. We get a lot of wind here. In fact, we're told the name
of our valley is from the Chumash for "Windy Valley". However, we seldom
have gusts as fierce as these, especially while it's also pouring rain. For
that matter, most of our rain is fairly gentle, but it's really been coming
down hard most of the day.

Sure you didn't have a few tornados? I hear they sound like a
freight train, not that I've ever experienced one myself. We've* also
had the buckets of rain and high winds, and even a bit of hail. It's
always "interesting" when hot and cold pockets of air collide.

Today it's alternating rain and sun. I should go out and look for
rainbows.

(*"We" = San Francisco area, about 400 miles north of where Joy lives.)

Joyce

Old March 21st 11, 12:20 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Pat[_3_]

wrote:
Pat wrote:

* I think we got to around 85 F. today. Light wind, few clouds. Tomorrow
* should be about the same, in fact the forecast is for the whole week
* to be mild like this.

85F? Is that normal for your area in March?

Yes, we usually have a very warm, late-May-like spell in March. Then
after that there is usually also some more cooler weather before
spring really settles in.

Old March 21st 11, 12:32 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
MLB[_2_]

Pat wrote:
I think we got to around 85 F. today. Light wind, few clouds. Tomorrow
should be about the same, in fact the forecast is for the whole week
to be mild like this.

Here in the Rockies it is gray, windy and cold. There was snow in the
mountains and a little on the benches this AM. More snowy weather
predicted. I want Spring!!! MLB
Old March 21st 11, 12:33 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Joy

"Pat" wrote in message
I think we got to around 85 F. today. Light wind, few clouds. Tomorrow
should be about the same, in fact the forecast is for the whole week
to be mild like this.

We had several days like that a week or two ago.

Joy

Old March 21st 11, 12:35 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Joy

wrote in message
Joy wrote:

[...]

Yes, I've heard that about tornados. I think it was probably the wind
throwing the hard rain against the house and the windows that made it so
noisy.

I love rainbows! We don't see many around here. I've seen my best rainbows
when visiting family in Alaska.

Joy

Old March 21st 11, 12:57 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
[email protected]

Pat wrote:

wrote:
Pat wrote:

* I think we got to around 85 F. today. Light wind, few clouds. Tomorrow
* should be about the same, in fact the forecast is for the whole week
* to be mild like this.

85F? Is that normal for your area in March?

Yes, we usually have a very warm, late-May-like spell in March. Then
after that there is usually also some more cooler weather before
spring really settles in.

Well, that's good to hear! I find it a bit unnerving when every place
is having bizarrely unseasonable weather.

Joyce

Old March 21st 11, 02:05 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Winnie

On Mar 20, 6:28*pm, "Joy" wrote:
Here in Southern California, we're really having weather this afternoon -
pouring rain and gusting wind! *Every so often it sounds as though a freight
train is going by. *We get a lot of wind here. *In fact, we're told the name
of our valley is from the Chumash for "Windy Valley". *However, we seldom
have gusts as fierce as these, especially while it's also pouring rain. *For
that matter, most of our rain is fairly gentle, but it's really been coming
down hard most of the day.

--

Joy

Basically everything is subject to change without notice

It has been sunny and mild today with a high of 4C (39F).
The sidewalks and roads are clear of snow and I can go out without
my winter boots. But snow again tomorrow, turning into
rain in the afternoon. Spring shouldn't be too far, I hope.

Winnie

Weather MLB[_2_] Cat anecdotes 0 July 25th 10 10:27 PM
Bad weather Granby Cat community 0 June 11th 09 01:44 PM
is it the weather Steve Touchstone[_3_] Cat anecdotes 1 December 10th 08 09:00 AM
How is your weather? Daniel Mahoney Cat anecdotes 45 December 3rd 08 03:12 PM
Weather mlbriggs Cat anecdotes 32 August 4th 06 03:59 AM