World's Best Cat Litter - NOT!!!

Old January 13th 04, 10:32 PM
BarB

On 13 Jan 2004 02:11:49 +0100, Teddybear Lover
wrote:

So I'm trying an experiment and switching to SWheat Scoop. Odor control
really is not an issue, as I don't let things sit in the box for long. I
scoop as many times as is required. But the dust issue is really
intolerable. I dream of the day when I don't have to vacuum one vacuum
cleaner with a shop vac, to get out all the fine yellow cat litter dust.

Dust is my main complaint about most litters. I've been using a litter
made of corncobs by Anderson called "Clump'N Flush". There's absolutely
no dust and it's about half the weight of clay litters. The only problem
I see with it, besides expense, is that it doesn't clump as hard as
other litters and it might not do well in an automatic box.
I've found it at Petco but not Petsmart.

BarB

Old January 14th 04, 04:44 AM
Dennis Carr

On Tue, 13 Jan 2004 02:11:49 +0100, Teddybear Lover wrote:

I've had it with WBCL. I've been using it for 2 and a half years. I liked
the fact that it was flushable, didn't cling to the paws like other
clumpables, didn't have a perfume odor, and it wasn't clay based. But
there's always been a tracking problem with WBCL. Especially the dust. My
one cat loves to dig towards China when she goes pee-pee. When she comes
out of the box, her paws are covered in yellow dust (she's a black cat),
and her face is dusty too.

You know, I've never really had much of a dust problem with feline pine,
except around the boxes where there's the usual "scatter".

--
Dennis Carr - | I may be out of my mind,
http://www.dennis.furtopia.org | But I have more fun that way.

Old January 16th 04, 01:01 AM
JLove98905

The last bag of WBCL I got, and the one
previous to it, had moths and moth larvae growing inside!

I'm totally devoted to WBCL, but I'm appalled by the moth larvae!

Regarding dust- I wonder if you can do the vegetable oil trick suggested
earlier to WBCL? And have you tried putting tracking mats around the box to
catch the dust? Also, have you considered getting an air purifier? Probably the
only zero dust litter is going to be silica.

-Jen
Half the people you know are below average. -Steven Wright