TWO cats in heat!

Old March 5th 04, 11:40 AM
Lisa

Default TWO cats in heat!

Oh my god, I thought it was bad enough having one of them in heat. I wrote
about it last week, asking how long it lasts, and was hoping that it would
be over by now. But now her sister has started so we have TWO screaming,
clawing, desperate-to-escape cats! And their appointment to be spayed, made
weeks ago, isn't until next Saturday! And no, we can't get them in any
sooner.

Problem is, they're fighting. Really fighting, not just the goofy,
frolicking kitty wrestling they've done up to now. They're hissing and
clawing and really being mean. Our house isn't big enough to separate them
(it's more or less a one room efficiency) and if we put one in the bathroom
with the door shut, she'll tear open a cabinet door that has a hole leading
to the outside.

They're trying to tear out the screens and, in fact, last week when the
first one was in heat and was shut into the bathroom (before we discovered
her cabinet escape route) she actually jumped six feet into the air to try
to get out the shower window, which is only about 12"x4". She tore the
screen right off! We have to keep all the windows closed because if they
smell fresh air, they really go to work on that window's screen and will
definitely escape. This is a problem because it's 80 degrees during the day
(we live down south).

To add insult to injury, that friggin' stray tom cat has no intention of
leaving the area. He stays right outside our house, all day and all night,
yelling at them to come out. I haven't slept in a week.

I don't know how much more of this I can take. Any words of wisdom? Are
there any kitty sedatives on the market? Is there some way to get this
damned tom cat to go the f*ck away?

Lisa

Old March 12th 04, 11:33 PM
Kelly Osbourne

well i do not know if this will help but my mom told me that when the
cats scratches or does something as like the problem you are having to
use a spary bottle of water because cats hate water and spra them in the
face it waont hurt them or anything but it will hopefully stop it from
coming around do it each time the stray cat comes up to your house.

yes i am bitch and this miss bitch to your ass.. YES I AM SMART ASS

Old March 14th 04, 03:51 PM

If you let them close to this outdoor cat you are exposing them to all the
cat diseases out there. And yes, all it takes is once - to get feline
leukemia, FIV, respiratory diseases, fleas, lice, mites, mange....the list
goes on. The onus was on you to have them spayed before they went in heat.
Now you must wait until Saturday.

"dawn" wrote in message
In article ,
says...
[...]

You already got some words of wisdom: Let them get laid, and any kitten
fetuses that develop will be removed during the spaying operation.

Or just continue to live with three screaming cats. It's your choice.

Old April 14th 04, 08:02 AM
Gee

"Kelly Osbourne" wrote in message
well i do not know if this will help but my mom told me that when the
cats scratches or does something as like the problem you are having to
use a spary bottle of water because cats hate water and spra them in the
face it waont hurt them or anything but it will hopefully stop it from
coming around do it each time the stray cat comes up to your house.

This will not help. Sexual urge in males is stronger then ANYTHING. The tom
will stay there untill heat goes and will happily wiat for both of them.
Water or not. He will even go without food for days, on the off chance of
getting "lucky". Poor fella must be starving, and this cannot be fun for
him.

yes i am bitch and this miss bitch to your ass.. YES I AM SMART ASS

No, don't kid yourself. You aren't. Otherwise you wouldn't make such
comment.

Old April 14th 04, 08:12 AM
Gee

"Lisa" wrote in message
news
[...]

You have to understand that sexual urges in cats are extremely strong, and
take over any habbits/resonable behaviour/rules they already know. Hormons
literarely take over them. And yes, they will make your ats do ANYTHING in
their power to find a tom, and mate. In fact, females will often mate with
more then one tom and mother children of miscelanious fatherhood.

To add insult to injury, that friggin' stray tom cat has no intention of
leaving the area. He stays right outside our house, all day and all night,
yelling at them to come out. I haven't slept in a week.

Pls don't blame the poor boy. He is only follwing his crazy hormons, and is
probably starving outside, becuase he hasn;t gone anywhere for all those
days you've been seeing him, hoping to get lucky. Feed the poor boy pls.
It's not his fault. Probably the best thing you could do is to catch him,
and have him nuetered. Lots of organisations will do it for free if he;s a
stray. Then you can bring him back and let him out in your neighbourhood-his
home. But pls don;t blame him. It;s not his fault he was born a stray, and
nobody cared about him enough to have him done.

I don't know how much more of this I can take. Any words of wisdom?

It;s only a few more days. Trust me. You will look back on this event and
laugh. Only a few more days. Oh yeah, and get the fan

Is there some way to get this
damned tom cat to go the f*ck away?

Yes. Catch him and have him nutered.

Lisa

Old April 14th 04, 08:33 AM
Ashley

"Gee" wrote in message

"Lisa" wrote in message
news

Is there some way to get this
damned tom cat to go the f*ck away?

Yes. Catch him and have him nutered.

I didn't see the original of this thread, but the obvious answer is that
unless Lisa has the females for breeding, she should have them spayed. If
she can afford to keep cats, she can afford to get them spayed. Why anyone
who isn't a breeder keeps an entire cat (or dog) is, quite frankly, beyond
me. It's safer and kinder all round to get them spayed and let them get on
with having a nice life, free from the drive to procreate, with all that
entails.

If you can't afford to get them spayed, you shouldn't have them in the first
place.